Options

iTunes Gift Card

Oblido2007Oblido2007 Posts: 1,470
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Good Morning

Just a quick question... Is it possible to redeem the same iTunes Gift Card on two different iTunes accounts? At the same time?

Merry Christmas

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    This reminds me of arriving at an ATM just before midnight and trying to get an unapproved overdraft :D

Santa won't bring you any gifts this year if you do and iTunes records department will record it and may decide it was a deliberate violation of terms and conditions and terminate one or both of the accounts.

Do you really need your music that badly?
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblido2007 wrote: »
    Good Morning

Just a quick question... Is it possible to redeem the same iTunes Gift Card on two different iTunes accounts? At the same time?

Merry Christmas

No it's not possible.

Merry Christmas :)
  • Options
    AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can borrow CDs from the library for 50p a week.
  • Options
    LakeukLakeuk Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't work with 2 accounts but it does with 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, received a joint christmas gift (itunes gift card) but we both have our own account and is there a way where it can be used on both accounts?

What about I use it, then when i finished, it can be used on the other account?
  • Options
    ErrodielErrodiel Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, won't work. You put the code in and it credits the whole amount to your account, and that's it. But you can send gifts through itunes, so one of you puts the card on their account then sends the other person whatever it was they would have bought anyway. Just click the button that says "gift" (or select it from the drop-down list) and send the stuff to the other person.
  • Options
    swindonvillageswindonvillage Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont even get why people use i-tunes, there are plently of cheaper alternatives (That are Legal)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errodiel wrote: »
    Nope, won't work. You put the code in and it credits the whole amount to your account, and that's it. But you can send gifts through itunes, so one of you puts the card on their account then sends the other person whatever it was they would have bought anyway. Just click the button that says "gift" (or select it from the drop-down list) and send the stuff to the other person.

Thank you for that. Can you send a gift card?
  • Options
    ErrodielErrodiel Posts: 4,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oblido2007 wrote: »
    Thank you for that. Can you send a gift card?

No idea, never tried! You could experiment though before you put the card on. Just log into itunes and see what you can do.
  • Options
    stephen122333stephen122333 Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simply answer is no.

You can only add the credit from one iTunes gift card to one account. One reply did surgest adding the amount to one account and then making a 'gift' unfortunately you can not give gifts using iTunes gift cards.

I think one of you is going to be happy and one not so happy. Maybe one of you could pay the other one, in money or another way.......