Deal Or No Deal to go 65 minutes from Jan 3

Comments

• James2001James2001 Posts: 73,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Foxy Rhino wrote: »
    I know it's not the same type of extended show but Countdown was a 30 minute show for years and then extended to 45 minutes.

Though they did that by adding more rounds, so there was more game in the show. With DOND, the extra time is almost certainly going to be more padding...
  • thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fifteen minutes too long as it is. :confused:

I like the game but can't bear the waffle that comes with it...east wing, west wing, pilgrims :yawn:

And it is just me or is Noel Edmonds incredibly rude to the players/audience? :mad:
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GaryB wrote: »
    I record it and watch it via the PVR. Once you get rid of the intro, ads and padding, there's a decent 10-12 minutes worth watching. The change will just mean a few more stabs of the 30 sec jump button.

My mum watches until the 250K is opened, then turns over to Pointless ;)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes watch the last 10 minutes or so unless it's the greeting face of someone who's been too greedy. It's a one box game now pish. Giving it more time would be ridiculous.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    The online games take about five minutes to complete- if that. The show is ridiculously long as it is, and I grew tired of it long ago.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    The online games take about five minutes to complete- if that. The show is ridiculously long as it is, and I grew tired of it long ago.

Watch it when it first started and now it's just full of gimmicks like 1p kiss. It's turned into Noel's house party.
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fifteen minutes too long as it is. :confused:

I like the game but can't bear the waffle that comes with it...east wing, west wing, pilgrims :yawn:

And it is just me or is Noel Edmonds incredibly rude to the players/audience? :mad:

I think both the players and the audience take Noel's seemingly rude remarks in the humour they are intended. A lot of the players give as good as they get anyway.
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel has found Naturism and will be hosting DOND in the nude from Jan 3.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it might be that they start the next game at the end.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »
    Noel has found Naturism and will be hosting DOND in the nude from Jan 3.

I'll need therapy for the rest of my life for just picturing that!
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

I think this - and the 60 min time slot- could signal the end of DOND
  • Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »

I don't think that's the case - seen some of the January shows filmed and there were no hint of it unless they do some clever editing.
  • Gripper StebsonGripper Stebson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having just watched the first of the 1 hour/1 hour 5 minute episodes which started today, I'm not impressed. I found that the episode dragged on a bit with too much padding out with chat and banter.

The 45 minutes episodes was just about the right duration(even the some episodes could drag on a bit), but 60/65 minutes episodes for a game show like this really is too long.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found that the episode dragged on a bit
    Agreed. For example, they left in the lengthy delay while she was deciding to deal and as a subsequence it got very boring.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they need to fit in more sob stories from the contestants
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    Agreed. For example, they left in the lengthy delay while she was deciding to deal and as a subsequence it got very boring.

As a long time viewer of DOND I found this 65 mins just too longand dran out. The 45 min programmes were good but not 65 mins:mad:
  • GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new format will just encourage more people to record it rather than watch live. That will be counter-productive for advertising in the longer term, as people will just whizz past them.
  • SandyHSandyH Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always record it as I am at work and even at weekends like it recorded to wind on commercials. Was long enough as it was if the contestant wasn't very interesting. Today's was tedious and now it is an hour I will be fast forwarding a LOT when watching from now on.

I think it may have had it's day and don't why on earth they are giving more time to chatting with the player.
  • youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    so something that needs no skill at all, is going to be extended and a show that needs some brain is being pushed back to a earlier time.

DOND is one of the most boring load of rubbish I have seen, how on earth can anyone say it is good entertainment?
    Bring back shows that the contestants at least had to have a couple of brain cells.

Because they like it?

anyway was there anything different to the format, or just the same?
  • GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    youngswede wrote:
    47017691anyway was there anything different to the format, or just the same?

Just more waffle, some slighly different graphics and an additional ad break.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GaryB wrote: »
    some slighly different graphics
    New titles and ad intro and outro. Same theme tune.
  • nostalgic62nostalgic62 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Used to think this programme when it first came on was a breath of fresh air but Not anymore, Also don't like the fact that the criteria for being a contestant appears to be That you have to have had a real hard luck story in your lifetime.

Yes as someone has said, more sob stories and more joining of hands moments await us
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Just watching it now on catchup and cant believe how much messing about they are doing. Spolt the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes as someone has said, more sob stories and more joining of hands moments await us

Perhaps this could be the milking too far that finally kills it off for good. The wafer thin format will be exposed even more so and giving wannabes more airtime never makes for a good programme.
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    65 mins - what a borefest!