Must Be The Music - New Sky1 Music reality show

SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Hopefully they'll keep it as simple as Got To Dance and not mess about with mentors etc.
  • Options
    jonnyblackjonnyblack Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds very much like Got to Dance for singing. Which, given the production values of Got to Dance, can only be a good thing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder who they'll get to host it?

I would go for Edith Bowman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delete, posted in wrong thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had word with the Sky1 twitter guy, its being made by the same people who made Got to Dance :D and a similar format they just need to cover it, and auditions were held a little while ago now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judges Dizzee Rascal Jamie Cullum & Sharleen Spiteri to find new talent in Must Be The Music on Sky1. More: http://sky.com/music
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Glad you think it's going to be a good show, we auditioned for it in May and got the call today to tell us that we'll be in front of the judges on tuesday :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10267949.stm

BBC will cover it too along with the guardian and daily heil.

and ICE good luck! let us know how you get on! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks. We will :)

We've just released a new single, so we're hoping that if we make it through it'll give it a boost:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about this crass way of trying to get a message to you.

Do you have a facebook or twitter account I can follow you on?

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    we're not allowed to say how things went today, but it was very enjoyable and we had some really great comments from the Judges. And one of the funniest things was Ferne Cotton using one of our guitars as a prop. as seen here
    http://www.rexfeatures.com/live/2010/06/15/fearne_cotton,host_of_sky_1_hd_must_be_the_music._manchester:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton was out an about, she's hosting the show.
  • Options
    Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody been to one of these auditions?? Got tickets to the Edinburgh ones on Friday but not sure whether to go or not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got tickets as well. Not really sure about it. No doubt you wont have to arrive as early as you would for X Factor auditions as least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Applause Store keep emailing me saying they have free Priority tickets but I only keep getting Normal tickets whenever I receive them. It looks as tho they won't fill the hall tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart1000 wrote: »
    Well Applause Store keep emailing me saying they have free Priority tickets but I only keep getting Normal tickets whenever I receive them. It looks as tho they won't fill the hall tomorrow!!

Yeah i've had that problem... click to get priority tickets, then you end up with the normal ones. I guessed it was because they weren't getting enough interest but I can;t imagine many people even know about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just received priority passes so will go along and see what it's all about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just called Applause Store and I literally said "Must be-" and she went "Ok, bye" and hung up. 2mins later I had priority tickets to both sessions tomorrow. Going to head to the 2pm one I think. Sounds like they're fed up of trying to ticket the show tbh!!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sounds interesting and kinda different (and better) than X Factor. Might give it a look when it's shown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to the Edinburgh auditions this morning. Ended up in the front row right behind the judges :O. No flash photography allowed and 7 acts per session seems to be the norm.

The judges are very tough to please and are looking for somethign quite distinct and original. Only 6 acts from all the auditions will make it to the live shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting this Sunday at 7pm on Sky1 with a preview show so thought I'd give this thread a wee bump.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Fearne Cotton? Another gig?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Just seen the promo for this and the final is apparently going to be held at the Wembley Arena :eek:. Quite ambitious. Sky must have given this a pretty big budget.

Either way, I'm glad there's now a show that plans to showcase actual talent from all different musical backgrounds and genres, so there should be some variety. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fearne Cotton was out an about, she's hosting the show.

Well there's a reason not to watch it. Now all they need is Davina McCall or Justin Lee Collins and everyone will turn off.