Do you know any forum members who passed away

tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How does DS confirm.How is it announced. Any regulars who have passed away?

Comments

• ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madfriend, who was a regular poster who I knew in real life lost her life to cancer last year.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, one, a couple of years ago. I started a tribute thread for him, and what with DS being as it is and all, a bunch of idiots decided to troll it, which was really upsetting and out of order. That is all.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on DS but among other forums, many.
  • the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally someone knows them and posts about it. There's no DS protocol.

Ladyknight passed away several years ago.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Yes, one, a couple of years ago. I started a tribute thread for him, and what with DS being as it is and all, a bunch of idiots decided to troll it, which was really upsetting and out of order. That is all.

That is bang out of order.

I'm not aware of anybody personally thankfully.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »

drut was it?
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm this is a slightly odd request OP, is there anything more you want to tell?
  • queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »

Why??:confused:
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try the search, plenty of threads here —
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/search.php?searchid=7043585
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I remember reading a thread about a forum member on here who won the lottery (?) then posted about some health problems they had and they died suddenly or something :eek::confused:
  • The GeekThe Geek Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't some Scottish poster die within the last year? I think he may have won some money on the lottery and had various health problems.
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Hmm this is a slightly odd request OP, is there anything more you want to tell?

no

why?:confused:
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading LadyKnight passed away after, IIRC, a serious asthma attack. I used to have some right ding dongs with her about Ireland.

The other one I remember was Stewbob, maybe Stewbob1980. He posted on the Scottish Fitba thread. He was the member on here who had won the lottery but it turned him into a bit of a recluse.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no

why?:confused:

Just wondering, doesn't seem like an 'average' topic of conversation and wondered if there may be some kind of sad news to impart.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    I think there was one this year (or was it last) can't remember the name:o but someone posted a '*******, is this you' thread. Always sad to see, we are after all the world's most problematic, opinionated, screwed up family. Fairly macabre request OP!

ETA: Stewbob it was:( RIP
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read there was a poster on here who was supposed to have died, but then the death was questioned for various reasons, can't remember if they were posting elsewhere.
    Thing is there's been so many trolls and PBU's it's hard to tell.
    My ex was doing a dissertation once and she was researching online communities, some guy in the US created another user on a forum who was female, him and this fake account got on well with posters, eventually hooking up together. The fake relationship blossomed and then one day he'd had enough and said she'd died, can't remember the reasons. People were devastated but some questioned it, eventually on a guilt trip he came clean and admitted she was non existent and was just a creation that got out of hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else find it weird reading through dead peoples posts?
  • Finlay ReaderFinlay Reader Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS forum members never die, they just lose their posting priveleges
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only person I know who is on DS is my wife, and she's still alive, so I won't be starving tomorrow.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    I remember reading LadyKnight passed away after, IIRC, a serious asthma attack. I used to have some right ding dongs with her about Ireland.

The other one I remember was Stewbob, maybe Stewbob1980. He posted on the Scottish Fitba thread. He was the member on here who had won the lottery but it turned him into a bit of a recluse.

Here it is :)
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Confusing wrote: »

Yes, and to have them suddenly stop at the time of death (especially if they're a prolific poster) is very strange.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I remember reading a post about someone on here who then 'died' but didn't really. Or something boring like that.

A huge fight erupted and the thread was pulled.

I think the fm who had 'died' was in trouble with police and another fm or something dramaticly boring like that.

Can't remember the name but by god was it a good bitch fight to read! Even if I did have no idea what all the coded chat was all about!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »

it can be tremendously comforting.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like they don't. All you can do is rely on people you trust having direct confirmation.

My experince says don't trust trusted people passing on information. Don't get involved unless you are sure they are dead.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a death announcement from the friend of a young lad who had supposedly killed himself not long after posting on here, turned out to be fake though, sick really.

I also remember drut posting here, was sad to hear he passed away so suddenly.

I think the people in the Rhydian Appreciation Thread would be the only people who noticed if I died (well presumably my family would too, I just mean online)