Options

Tony Bennett Duets II Snippets (Gaga, Buble, Winehouse, Aretha, Mariah, Groban etc.)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
Forum Member
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KNV9LG/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1314976813&sr=8-1

1. The Lady Is A Tramp - Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
2. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) - Tony Bennett & John Mayer
3. Body And Soul - Tony Bennett & Amy Winehouse
4. Don't Get Around Much Anymore - Tony Bennett & Michael Bublé
5. Blue Velvet - Tony Bennett & k.d. lang
6. How Do You Keep The Music Playing - Tony Bennett & Aretha Franklin
7. The Girl I Love - Tony Bennett & Sheryl Crow
8. On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Tony Bennett & Willie Nelson
9. Who Can I Turn To (When Nobody Needs Me) - Tony Bennett & Queen Latifah
10. Speak Low - Tony Bennett & Norah Jones
11. This Is All I Ask - Tony Bennett & Josh Groban
12. Watch What Happens - Tony Bennett & Natalie Cole
13. Stranger In Paradise - Tony Bennett & Andrea Bocelli
14. The Way You Look Tonight - Tony Bennett & Faith Hill
15. Yesterday I Heard The Rain - Tony Bennett & Alejandro Sanz
16. It Had To Be You - Tony Bennett & Carrie Underwood
17. When Do The Bells Ring For Me - Tony Bennett & Mariah Carey

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for sharing :)

I am really looking forward to this album
  • Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is track number 17 a duet with Marge Simpson? It sure sounds like it.

Looking forward to the Gaga and Winehouse tracks but I'll skip the rest :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga sounds amazing...
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariah sounds very different on that track. I can't say im jumping for joy.

Gaga sounds incredible. Makes me hope she does that Jazz album she has promised in the future. I love the original song and from that snippet, Gaga and Tony have done it justice

Aretha sounds amazing for a woman of her age. I am only more familliar with her music back in her hey day so to hear her name in the modern name is great

Norah Jones sounds as fantastic as ever.

Amy's one sounds great. Her vocals are on fire considering we hadn't heard her record anything new since her second album. All those reports on the drugs ruining her vocals seem to be rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'll never forgive Gaga if she doesn't do a jazz album. Her voice is perfect for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga sounds AMAZING on The Lady Is A Tramp!:eek::cool::D

Mariah doesn't sound like herself if you know what I mean, her voice sounds really strange!!!:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    "The Lady Is A Tramp"???Why can't GaGa accept a normal title for a song that she's featured on??Anyway...

Track 17 definetely sounds nothing like Mariah.Either it's someone else or her voice has really deteriorated...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    "The Lady Is A Tramp"???Why can't GaGa accept a normal title for a song that she's featured on??Anyway...

Lolwut.

That song is a classic, and jazz staple.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah's voice changes like the seasons, I'm not suprised. Her voice on her debut sounds nothing like the voice on Daydream. Her whisper sounds very high with little air-passing, which can only mean good things. Memoirs and Merry Christmas II You had really airy whispering, it was quite hard to endure at times.
    Hopefully the song has a big vocal moment...

I'm no Gaga fan, but she sounds great.
  • Options
    Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah was heavily pregnant when she recorded this, she sounds like how she did on her last Christmas album. She's start belting towards to end of the song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Lolwut.

That song is a classic, and jazz staple.
    I already knew that.My post was sarcastic about how out of all songs Lady GaGa is featured on this one.Nothing more than a joke...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Gaga, Amy, Bublé sound brilliant!
  • Options
    cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga and Amy will SLAY the whole album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually really excited for this album and it's not something I would usually listen to but you can't say no to a bit of Carrie Underwood, Amy Winehouse, Lady GaGa, John Mayer & Mariah on one CD <3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    One of Mariah's many talents is that she can adapt her vocals to suit different genres and it sounds like she's experimenting with her vocals here (as great vocalists should). I'm looking forward to hearing the whole song. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    One of Mariah's many talents is that she can adapt her vocals to suit different genres and it sounds like she's experimenting with her vocals here (as great vocalists should). I'm looking forward to hearing the whole song. :)

Exactly! People are saying she does not sound like herself on the duet. UMM DUH..the woman has multiple tones, octaves, and techniques. She can pretty easily change up her vocals to suit a song. Thats where mariah's talent is!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise Norah was on the album! She sounds flawless as ever. Gaga's and Amy's sound brilliant too.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never thought I'd say it, but GaGa does sound good on that.
    Maybe she needs to drop all the theatrics now she's established, and concentrate on that kind of direction?
  • Options
    EastEndFan05EastEndFan05 Posts: 4,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea sounding like Homer Simpson's wife was a sought after vocal technique for singers.

Congratulations to Miss Carey:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I had no idea sounding like Homer Simpson's wife was a sought after vocal technique for singers.

Congratulations to Miss Carey:eek:

I ignored your initial comment because I didn't want to encourage trollish behavior and I was hoping that you would show the maturity you felt others lacked in the Beyonce/Mariah thread by leaving it at that. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the other thread but I realize now that you really dislike Mariah for reasons unknown to me.

You don't like her, fine. She sounds nothing like Marge Simpson in that clip but if you derive enjoyment from such comments have at it. It won't change the fact that Mariah is an immensely talented artist/vocalist with many achievements most of the singers popular today will never come close to achieving. I don't want this thread to veer off topic so this is all I'll be saying on the matter. ;)

Anyway, I have a feeling that When Do The Bells Ring For Me will be one of the highlights of the album. I can't wait to hear it in it's entirety!
  • Options
    MindBodySoulMindBodySoul Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Gaga sounds great, as do Amy and Norah.:)
    Most of the others are good too.

I'm amazed at the comments here about Mariah, because Marge Simpson really was the first thing I thought of when I heard this vocal.:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, why Marge Simpson? I don't think it's fair to sum up her entire vocal performance for a 30 second preview of a song. I know people who have listened to the full thing and stated how impressed they were at how on form her vocals were, and how she succeeded in singing a genre she's never done.
  • Options
    MindBodySoulMindBodySoul Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Honestly, why Marge Simpson? I don't think it's fair to sum up her entire vocal performance for a 30 second preview of a song. I know people who have listened to the full thing and stated how impressed they were at how on form her vocals were, and how she succeeded in singing a genre she's never done.

Why does she have to change her voice for a new genre?:confused:

Other great singers (Björk, Christina, Whitney, Beyoncé) don't try to change their voices from genre to genre. Hell, even Gaga doesn't.

It's like she tried, and failed, to sound "More Jazz" (whatever that means).:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaga has jazz qualities in her voice though, Mariah doesn't. It'd be like if... Taylor Swift tried R&B, it just wouldn't work because of her soft, light vocals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norah, Gaga + Amy sound amazing!! definitley buying this album when its out