Options

Vote Refund

nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Information on the vote refund for last night per ITV:

"As a result of illness during last night's show, Gareth had to pull out of the competition and was unable to take part in either his second performance or the skate off.

As the lines had already opened, the decision was taken to cancel the viewer vote and refund anyone who had voted.

If you are a BT customer and voted via your landline, any votes you placed will be refunded directly on to your bill.

If you are a non-BT customer or voted on your mobile using the short 7 digit number, you will be contacted via phone within the next 28 days to arrange your refund.

We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and hope that this has not disrupted your enjoyment of the show."

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who's bright idea was it to open the phone lines when there was every chance that Gareth would have to withdraw:rolleyes:

Why didn't they just wait till the end:mad:
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I am slightly surprised they haven't left it up to voters to either claim it or let it go to charity.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Sallyforth wrote: »
    I am slightly surprised they haven't left it up to voters to either claim it or let it go to charity.

Despite it being a small amount they'd have had to say they would give it to charity unless people still wanted the refund and leave it up to those who wanted to claim. It's not the amount I think it's the principle.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Despite it being a small amount they'd have had to say they would give it to charity unless people still wanted the refund and leave it up to those who wanted to claim. It's not the amount I think it's the principle.

Yes, I might not have made it clear but that was what I meant, ND, i.e. say to people claim it back or let us donate it. I think it's been done before with a public vote but can't remember which show(s).