panasonic telly default settings

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
I would be most greatful if someone could help me here. I know that on the panasonic tx28dk1 there is an option called "shipping condition" which reverts the tv back to the default settings. i own the TX28DK1L and this model doesnt contain this option. what i am trying to do is change the tv back to its default picture and sound settings, i bought the box from a electrical store and unfortuneately they had played about with the settings for display purposes and had no idea what the original default settings had been. any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers, Robbie.

Comments

• OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about using the defaults.. Most manufacturers have much to high contrast and colour settings... (ideal for a TV in a shop window but not good in home) High contrast settings ensure that the TV will perform nice and brightly in Dixons or Comet (where the shop assistant is unlikely to adjust it when it's unboxed)

Generally speaking, I set Panasonics or Sony's so that the Colour, sharpness and brightness are about 50% and contrast about 65%....
    Sound wise Panasonics are set to 50% for tone adjustmets.

The other thing about default setting is that you lose the tuning in data too....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Just replying so that I can post a new thread to as my question. Don't mind me.