BBC Four has picked up Parks and Recreation

13»

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm look forward to watching it this week but does anyone know if it will be available in HD on the Iplayer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    I'm look forward to watching it this week but does anyone know if it will be available in HD on the Iplayer?

Doubt it, it's an import the BBC probably don't have the rights to use a HD version on their catchup service. You can check out it's iPlayer profile (which has no mention of HD) here though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p015043t/Parks_and_Recreation_Pilot/

How come it's receiving it's première at 10PM, but they're repeating it at 8PM on Sunday. If it's suitable for pre-watershed airplay, would it not make sense to première it in a more accessible slot and repeat it in a late night slot?

Probably won't make a difference to the figures though BBC Four's audience tend to be quite loyal, and the people that don't normally tune into BBC Four haven't heard of it or won't tune it because it's BBC Four...
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well I will check anyway on Thursday to see if they have got it in HD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Loved this show for years now. Glad it has been picked up, though i am not sure how good a home BBC 4 is.

I hope people stick around after season 1 cause season 2 is as good as TV comedy gets. Season 1 isn't that bad, but the difference between that and season 2 is huge.