Options

Jame/Pamela dance just a rip off - I feel cheated!

CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
Forum Member
✭✭
If I had wanted to watch Dirty Dancing then I have it on DVD and let's face it James is no Patrick!! How cliche of him to do that particular song - and he hardly changed the dance at all!!

I feel positively cheated - none of the dances were brilliant tbh but at least the other two were original and different!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    completely agree Pamelas no different from usual
    Karas - she was a bit clumbsy
    Mat - nothing special
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree. I felt both Matt and Kara's dances were uninspired and relied too heavily on gimmicks - like lifts and gymnastics while Pamela's dance was an actual dance.
  • Options
    kirstylouise666kirstylouise666 Posts: 6,959
    Forum Member
    Yes, true. Showdances are meant to be original, whether they're good or bad. I'll remember Kara's and Matt's for being awful. Will I remember Pamela's? No. It wasn't any different from her usual dances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Thought James cheated a bit using the choreography that was in the movie. I say a bit but I mean a lot
  • Options
    gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THIS THREAD IS JUST A RIP OFF I FEEL CHEATED!!!!

If I had wanted to read a thread moaning about Pamela then there are lots of others on this forum already.
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    Suzi-Q wrote: »
    I disagree. I felt both Matt and Kara's dances were uninspired and relied too heavily on gimmicks - like lifts and gymnastics while Pamela's dance was an actual dance.

How very dare she do a dance as her show dance!! ;)
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Cornchips wrote: »
    If I had wanted to watch Dirty Dancing then I have it on DVD and let's face it James is no Patrick!! How cliche of him to do that particular song - and he hardly changed the dance at all!!

I feel positively cheated - none of the dances were brilliant tbh but at least the other two were original and different!

When I heard the music I thought 'surely they won't do the lift' - I had no idea they would play it so safe!

Safe and deadly boring - Kara may have missed a few moves but at least they took risks, and Matt took way more.

If P&J win I shall be unimpressed - I don't dispute that Pamela is an accomplished dancer, but their routines have been too safe for a winning couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont think Karas was awful, but it wasnt good in comparison to her others. I really liked Matts, he can still move better than Pamela, but my faveourite of Mattas was his samba
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was prepared to hate it, but ended up enjoying what Pamela & James put together.

Maybe I liked it more because of the two horrible Showdances that preceded it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzi-Q wrote: »

yes - a copy of the dance done in Dirty Dancing. Not an original move in it.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who saw a completely different story to DD in their dance! :confused:

It started off with the start of their week 1 waltz, then went into their week 2 salsa (which yes, does have a bit from DD in it) and then as Len said also had some Foxtrot. It was the story of their dancing journey, not the DD story!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    It was a journey of their dances. The opening bit was from their waltz :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    When I heard the music I thought 'surely they won't do the lift' - I had no idea they would play it so safe!

Safe and deadly boring - Kara may have missed a few moves but at least they took risks, and Matt took way more.

If P&J win I shall be unimpressed - I don't dispute that Pamela is an accomplished dancer, but their routines have been too safe for a winning couple.

Hi hun!! long time no speak.

totally agree with all of that - but then you just knew I would. ;):D
  • Options
    gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only one who saw a completely different story to DD in their dance! :confused:

It started off with the start of their week 1 waltz, then went into their week 2 salsa (which yes, does have a bit from DD in it) and then as Len said also had some Foxtrot. It was the story of their dancing journey, not the DD story!

No - I saw it too, it was a combination of bits from their previous dances. The dance reflected their time on the show - Len pointed that out as well.
  • Options
    tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agree with OP totally and have said as much on several other threads.! And yes I am bitter, and twisted and really disappointed!:mad: They had better buck up for the next part!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a journey of their dances. The opening bit was from their waltz :)

It might have purported to be that - but many of the moves were the same as those from Dirty Dancing - I almost know that routine by heart I have watched it so many times.:o

If James had wanted to do that then he could have chosen a dozen or so songs to reflect that. They played it safe with the song, the routine and even the bliddy dress to hark back to DD. And clearly if it has to be explained that the dance was about their journey then he must have been doing something wrong as it should have been obvious. Instead we were blinded by another routine. Two routines in one night that hark back to a patrick swayze film! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes - a copy of the dance done in Dirty Dancing. Not an original move in it.

Not true, the start was definitely not DD, it was their waltz!
  • Options
    Dragonlady 25Dragonlady 25 Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    gslam2 wrote: »
    No - I saw it too, it was a combination of bits from their previous dances. The dance reflected their time on the show - Len pointed that out as well.

Precisely!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I was prepared to hate it, but ended up enjoying what Pamela & James put together.

Maybe I liked it more because of the two horrible Showdances that preceded it.

Same here.

There were a few fixed grins on the faces of some of the pros up in the Tesspit after Matt and Aliona's as well.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

totally and utterly agree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand what people expected from Pamela's showdance. No disrespect to her but James can hardly lift her and do all those fancy tricks like the other two. I thought it was by far the best showdance of the night, the other two were complete messes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might have purported to be that - but many of the moves were the same as those from Dirty Dancing - I almost know that routine by heart I have watched it so many times.:o

If James had wanted to do that then he could have chosen a dozen or so songs to reflect that. They played it safe with the song, the routine and even the bliddy dress to hark back to DD. And clearly if it has to be explained that the dance was about their journey then he must have been doing something wrong as it should have been obvious. Instead we were blinded by another routine. Two routines in one night that hark back to a patrick swayze film! :rolleyes:

Please don't assume it wasn't obvious to everyone, I knew what it was as soon as I saw that waltz opening!

And yes, I will concede the salsa bit was straight out of DD, but if you watch week 2 again that exact same choreography was in their original salsa, so it fits the story.

I don't know if it's you I'm debating with on the other thread that's exactly the same as this, but I'm sure Pamela and James didn't choose the dress. I agree it wasn't a great music choice, but it certainly wasn't taken straight from Dirty Dancing. The judges didn't criticise the choreography, and they've shown themselves willing to do so tonight. They had no need to be nice to Pamela as they have no influence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    echelonx wrote: »
    I just don't understand what people expected from Pamela's showdance. No disrespect to her but James can hardly lift her and do all those fancy tricks like the other two. I thought it was by far the best showdance of the night, the other two were complete messes.

something original would have been nice. I didn't expect lifts all over the place but I did expect something I hadn't seen before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt it was a complete rip off too. and I really hated it. It might be because I despise Dirty Dancing and never get why everyone love's it so much. I just wanted some new choreography, something a bit different. Also, didn't Brendan and Natasha do a similar showdance in the first series?
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    something original would have been nice. I didn't expect lifts all over the place but I did expect something I hadn't seen before.

If Matt & Kara's offerings were an example of something original, I'm glad Pam was made to play it safe.