Ovivo and roaming

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
Forum Member
Thinking of using Ovivo for mobile connection supplier. Does anyone have experience of using Ovivo abroad? Do you get warning of when your credit is getting low and is it easy to top up when out of the country?

Comments

• danielmeahdanielmeah Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Don't use them. they are a bait and switch provider. use a cheaper alternative such as White Mobile
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    danielmeah wrote: »
    Don't use them. they are a bait and switch provider. use a cheaper alternative such as White Mobile

Could you please substantiate that claim, as they have been offering free calls minutes and texts or 500MB of free data every month for over a year now.

Yes they have tweaked packages, but they still offer free services. I think you're being a bit unfair to be honest calling them bait and switch.
    Forum Member
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    Could you please substantiate that claim, as they have been offering free calls minutes and texts or 500MB of free data every month for over a year now.

Yes they have tweaked packages, but they still offer free services. I think you're being a bit unfair to be honest calling them bait and switch.

Just look at my post about them. they robbed me and on top of that changed all the plans without giving there customers notice, and changed them alot less than half the data etc.. and made up a load of lies about the reason why. they say fraud however in his email rant that didnt appear to seem like fraud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't rob you. I think you're over exaggerating, they give away free service every month for an initial fiver or tenner - what you would pay every month for any other service provider, so even if it lasted one month you're up on the deal. However so far I've been getting free service for a year.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    They didn't rob you. I think you're over exaggerating, they give away free service every month for an initial fiver or tenner - what you would pay every month for any other service provider, so even if it lasted one month you're up on the deal. However so far I've been getting free service for a year.

Same, Ovivo have been fine for me and have even increased their free text package recently.

You can't complain when you're getting free allowances.

OP- Have a read of the bottom of this page. It's standard EU price for calls/texts. But do not use data. It is a rip off. Best thing to do would be to get a local sim when you are abroad. This advice is for anyone on any network as every network abroad for data is a rip off.

http://ovivomobile.com/pricing/
    Forum Member

They did.
    Forum Member
    " You can't complain when you're getting free allowances. "

Dont forget to read there ToS in full. ive heard reports that they suspend people that dont topup and just use free credit!
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    " You can't complain when you're getting free allowances. "

Dont forget to read there ToS in full. ive heard reports that they suspend people that dont topup and just use free credit!

That's incorrect. They suspend you if you don't use your phone at all for 60 days. If you make a call/text then the 60 days resets. If you get suspended you have a further 120 days to contact Ovivo to restore your service.

So basically as long as you use the free service your fine.
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    That's incorrect. They suspend you if you don't use your phone at all for 60 days. If you make a call/text then the 60 days resets. If you get suspended you have a further 120 days to contact Ovivo to restore your service.

So basically as long as you use the free service your fine.

Well maybe it's changed but they where the ToS i specifically remember this part. Although it may not be worded the way i said but its pretty much the same.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did.

I have read your post and basically you are upset because you went over the allowance by some 70% (by your own reconing) and they closed your account in line with the T&C's.

I suggest you try and get over it and move on in your life.

Back to the thread.

I have been using Ovivo for some time and the roaming works fine. I top up so that my credit is about £10 and have never run out.

Its a good service
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been with them for 6 months now and have not topped up but I did spent a whopping great 24p testing MMS as this is not part of the free allowances.:D

If they were to suspend my account then it’s a simple swap of sim backed to GiffGaff so nothing lost but a lot gained.

Ovivo say to contact them before you travel abroad, I assume their sims have a roaming Barr until you call?

Topping up abroad I think will be the same as at home via credit card or PayPal so local Wifi will be the best bet. They said their looking into auto top ups but that’s just about it for now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AKW wrote: »
    I have read your post and basically you are upset because you went over the allowance by some 70% (by your own reconing) and they closed your account in line with the T&C's.

I suggest you try and get over it and move on in your life.

Back to the thread.

I have been using Ovivo for some time and the roaming works fine. I top up so that my credit is about £10 and have never run out.

Its a good service

So they didn't 'rob him', right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic....

I haven't been with Ovivo for about three months, however I was with them whilst in Madrid.

So long as you complete an online form for roaming, you will be able to use there service abroad.

I didn't realise I had to do this, and assumed like on most other networks that i would just be able to roam without prior organisation. Only realised when i couldn't reply to tx that there was an issue. Completed a form over WiFi and the the service was up and running again within about an hour.