Options

Have you done a will?

Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I did one ages ago when my kids were all not adults.
I do not even know where it is now after trying to find it the other day.
My circumstances have changed now due to marriage and other things so I want to do a new one.
The one I did was at a solicitors but I know you can do them yourself.
Who on here has done it which way and which is the best way IYO?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. My solicitor wrote it.

DIY wills are a waste of time and money. Spend a bit more and get it done properly by a professional.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I did one ages ago when my kids were all not adults.
    I do not even know where it is now after trying to find it the other day.
    My circumstances have changed now due to marriage and other things so I want to do a new one.
    The one I did was at a solicitors but I know you can do them yourself.
    Who on here has done it which way and which is the best way IYO?

We keep saying we should phew, my daughter in law buried her naana today and hey they all went back to the house,she phoned me tonight saying her sister and her mother all in bedroom taking it apart she and my son just left yes her nanna has a will, I said it was theft if they take anything, can not wait to see what the outcome is:(:(:(:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A solicitor.:)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    No

Doesn't matter I have nothing to leave anyone anyway
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine needs updating definitely. At the moment everything goes to my partner, but if we go together the way it gets divided means that one person could ultimately inherit everything whilst other far more needy people go without. My situation is complicated by having to do two though, as we have assets split across two countries.
  • Options
    Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As an 18-year old my will consists of a scribbled piece of paper under my matress with "oh **** it happened, divvy it up between yourselves but don't burn/throwaway my magazines."

That I wrote as I saw the title of this thread and pondered my mortality. Suppose it's their now at least, thanks.