The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    woodlands wrote: »
    Just remembered didn't someone say that they saw Rachel in the picture of Ronan in NY with his girls at home visits:confused:

Last year in the UK show they had the "chair" where the judges got to vote off and swap one of their contestants over - perhaps this is where Rachel might get back in??

Yeah they said they saw her but that was mainly someone guessing because they saw a girl with curly hair (who is most likely Sydnee)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Yeah they said they saw her but that was mainly someone guessing because they saw a girl with curly hair (who is most likely Sydnee)

God how wrong was I :o,I was certain she (Rachel) would make home visits.
  • woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »

Yes that's true. Rachel must have completely crashed at Boot Camp not to make it into the top 12 girls - there was such heavy competition in that category, so many good ones to choose from. I'd say it was between her and Sydnee for the place because both girls were very similar in style. Must be so hard to choose:(
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the show is a ratings disaster atm in australia and not ranking in top 3 shows.
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the show is a ratings disaster atm in australia and not ranking in top 3 shows.

Wouldn't say disaster, they scheduled it too early this year{it was only starting this time last year] plus people are having a singing show overload with The Voice {which didnt rate as well as last year either} +The voice kids on at the same time
    Live shows are usually when Xfactor picks up or drops so we will have to wait and see
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most ppl , like myself, find the audition and bootcamp boring. The live shows are better as you see them battle it out
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rumours circulating that end of bootcamp episode, the wildcard judge will be announced, and will pick 6 contestants who were dropped from bootcamp, which will form a fifth category
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bootcamp stage I quite like but the editing isnt very good.
    The live shows are my fav. Thats where it all happens.
    And Im superxcited that Danniis finally has the groups!
    After 7 years!
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI8vHkvKZEE

In case anyone missed what the judges got.

:p
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reigan Derry :D:D i love her i think she is the one to beat the only thing i worry about is her mentor is foo
  • daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    Reigan Derry :D:D i love her i think she is the one to beat the only thing i worry about is her mentor is foo

Agree!!:)
  • Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was watching videos of the last episode and does anyone know if all the groups have been shown, because if that is all the groups Dannii doesn't have a hope in hell of winning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    Was watching videos of the last episode and does anyone know if all the groups have been shown, because if that is all the groups Dannii doesn't have a hope in hell of winning
    Sadly this is true, I think another over or a girl is winning this year but Dannii with the groups for the first time is good enough for me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

She's my favourite too!!! I hope Foo does better with song choices this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    So far my favourites have to be Paris Inc and Reigan. The Overs seem to consistently be the strongest category in Australia, I can never understand why we never have interesting and marketable Overs here in the UK, surely Simon must see AUSXF and realise that he is missing a trick. Anyway, can't wait for the Lives, gonna be an amazing series!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    So far my favourites have to be Paris Inc and Reigan. The Overs seem to consistently be the strongest category in Australia, I can never understand why we never have interesting and marketable Overs here in the UK, surely Simon must see AUSXF and realise that he is missing a trick. Anyway, can't wait for the Lives, gonna be an amazing series!
    I think the pre auditions should be blamed for the lack of good overs in UK they care more about the overs being the joke category and putting through crappy overs in the judges auditions stages
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I disagree. There are lots of potential in her category. Its gonna take work but Dannii loves a challenge and this bunch seem to like it too.

Foo has the strongest so far, then Ronan but it all depends on how they deliver infront of a live audience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting that the XF judges salaries have been leaked. Nat Bass is on 1.25 mil, Dannii and Foo are both on 2 mil and Ronan earns 2,5 million
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    When do the lives actually start?
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    When do the lives actually start?

should be 10th of august
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that the XF judges salaries have been leaked. Nat Bass is on 1.25 mil, Dannii and Foo are both on 2 mil and Ronan earns 2,5 million

For real? Wow, those are huge salaries... Bigger than what our UK judges are on (Aside from Simon, of course).
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    should be 10th of august

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member

Hmm... Interesting thought Danni & Ronan would be equal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    For real? Wow, those are huge salaries... Bigger than what our UK judges are on (Aside from Simon, of course).
    Aussie Dollars!;-)