Options

Sidcup - Albany Park areas - does anyone know this area?

tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We are looking at a house in Sidcup but I think it comes under Albany Park. It is near foots cray meadows which we wandered round today and quite liked.

However the house is in what looks like a council estate section, mainly semi detached and terrace housing.

Does anyone know this area, what is it like?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I rarely go to Sidcup but for me personally, its a nice area.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the nearby area and go into Sidcup, Foote´s Cray from time to time. I think it´s nice. Good train links to London, hospital, schools. Good luck with your move!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lived in Sidcup all my life, OP. It's pleasant enough. There isn't really too much to do here though, to be honest. But we're only 20 minutes by train from London Bridge, 30 from Charing Cross. 20 minute drive from the O2 as well. Plenty of schools in the area.

Are you willing to give any more specific details about where the house was, without giving the road name away of you don't want to? I now live near the high street, but used to live nearer to Albany Park.
  • Options
    TangoTango Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shelly,

I am near Bexley park :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a council estate near albany park station but I am now getting jittery about it, which is either snobby or not valid but either way thats what Im worried about...
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiacat wrote: »
    Its a council estate near albany park station but I am now getting jittery about it, which is either snobby or not valid but either way thats what Im worried about...

I had a friend who lived in the vicarage (her dad was the vicar) of the church near Albany Park. I don't think they ever had any problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we didnt get it anyway so its all academic. It wasnt the area of Albany Park I was enquiring about per se but more the council estate area. I liked Albany Park that I could see, nice roads etc.
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Think it is council area that side. The other side of Albany park by Hurst Road is much nicer and comes under Bexley x