Amazing Race Season 26 (Blind Date)

Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
Forum Member
Starts the same night as Survivor season 30 for a 90 min opening episode.

Theme of the season is couples and match making

Has potential to be a epic train-wreck season

Comments

• Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    It looks like 6 teams are couples and 5 teams are match making blind dates

Early rumours suggest no female/female teams

Jonathan Knight of New Kids on Block fame is rumoured to be partaking with his boyfriend.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching the latest season after around 3 episodes as I couldn't get into it, but I will happily try and watch the next season, glad it has a theme. Lots of couples arguing hopefully :D
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching the latest season after around 3 episodes as I couldn't get into it, but I will happily try and watch the next season, glad it has a theme. Lots of couples arguing hopefully :D

Oh I recommend 25 its one of the best seasons in a while. I can see 26 being really hated by the theme. But I agree with you it might cause tension and be a trainwreck like Big Brother 9
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should all be blind dates otherwise it's hardly fair.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot mess. I hope there will be new country(ies) visited.
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a rule I find the 'dating couples' the most boring to watch. I love family teams and older teams and things that mix it up. The seasons that have too many couples in annoy me as a rule. But I think it's good they're trying to mix it up a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump the thread seeing as this starts tonight :D
  • Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Hmm, the gay blind date couple could almost be brothers, or do they all have the same style now?

In general it is better to have a location where the people don't speak English well, challenges the racers more, and they should really be prepared to be challenged. Here they seems to think that they are going to have problem with a foreign language so went for the dance step which turned out to be the more difficult one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the first episode, seems like the blind date couples are more interesting. Favourite team on first impressions were the lawyers :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 teams chose the dance routine over the sake.

NO WORDS.

Didn't they even think of switching task?
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    9 teams chose the dance routine over the sake.

NO WORDS.

Didn't they even think of switching task?
    I think switching task can often be a mistake, so unless they have a specific reason why they should switch, it's usually best not to do it because they don't know whether the other task is easy or difficul. However, for someone who can't dance (like the guy who finished last), once they feel they can't get it right in a reasonable time, they should switch. A matter of self-knowledge, no?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The detour tasks are also horribly unbalanced...one can be done in 10-15 minutes but the other can take 4 hours:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If many other teams are at a detour you rarely see teams switch easily as they can at least keep on eye on their competitors.

I would have liked the older couple to stay, for variety if nothing else.

The editing did try to create some drama. But only one team u-turned was obviously a fail. Also the selfies are not something I want to see in every episode, it just ends up being a gimmick. A good point was they've finally got rid of the second express pass which was becoming very predictable and no longer fresh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a Friday episode as well in case anybody wasn't aware of that.

The noodles detour really should have at least have had a time limit, it was way too easy. Phil tries to play up the romance angle too much at the mat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at the stupid selfie cam making a team miss their train. Lawyers are still my favourite.
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    There was a Friday episode as well in case anybody wasn't aware of that.
    Thanks for the heads up, I thought the next episode would be next week.

The noodle challenge is too easy (I can slurp the whole thing down in a couple of minutes because I love noodles), perhaps a bigger bowl with heaps of other stuff would have been better. Although the edits tried to make it look exciting, the last team was so far behind that they were never going to catch up with the rest. Serves them right though for wasting time taking selfie and missed the train.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jelani and Jenny are my favourites <3

Also really liked the eliminated team, but oh well they were never gonna last long
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epic selfie fail. Seriously though they didn't have a change to come back because they were way far behind.

Hayley and Blair was a hot mess from get go. This could be good for TV but boooooy that was painful and AWKWARD to watch
  • bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,705
    Forum Member
    The whole selfie every task thing is really going to get on my my nerves.

I have been saying for years that the winners of each leg should get something to help them on the race. Its nice to see the date night bonus thing. I just want them to ramp it up and have some rewards that help the team in first more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The date night is just for the romance theme, same with the silly noodles task I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a feeling that CBS cut the budget on TAR so no more luxurious hotel stays for the winners of each leg of the race.
  • CwejCwej Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This blind date thing has been a really interesting idea - though they need to stop banging on about it at the mat and just see what happens… To me it seems three of the couples are going to end up friends (The Lawyers, The Gays and Tyler and his partner), that there's a genuine feeling of romance between Jackie and her partner (names aren't all there yet!)… but Blair and Hayley seem to actually hate each other, which is just brilliant!!!

The first episode was one of the best I've ever seen - so much drama and ups-and-downs in the rankings. The second episode less so because the eliminated couple were obvious very early on - though their selfie 'miss the train' moment is another all-time classic TAR moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they are told to do the selfies.

The latest leg was a waste of a non-elimination for me, they were just way behind and so there was no drama with it. The challenges and locations were good however being not so easy, though I wish the clues were hidden better at the route markers.
    Forum Member
    Cwej wrote: »
    but Blair and Hayley seem to actually hate each other, which is just brilliant!!!

The doctor perhaps, but he looks like he is trying hard not to say anything, and I think it shows that blind dating couples would probably behave better because they would be more likely to hold back. The nurse behaved more like someone in a relationship, and probably thought she was from the excessive way she went on about the doctor which went from the gushingly positive in the first episode to the aggressive nagging in this.

Somehow the episode lags tension. I thought it would be a non-elimination leg all through the episode and it turns out to be so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen Blair that happy when Hayley FINALLY decided not to talk about the detour LOL

Messy pair. And they will be still at it next week