Pro evo 13 or Fifa 13

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every year must we have this. It's all opinion, one is not better than the other.
    Personally I never touch PES.

But I'm not gonna say "FIFA is better" I just prefer it. The only thing I will disagree with is the comment that FIFA 12 didn't improve much on FIFA 11. I'm sorry but tactical defending was huge!
    Took me forever to master, I spent my season in career mode just avoiding relegation with Arsenal, finished 16th I think haha. Nearly changed to legacy defending, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. It feels so rewarding when the player you're controlling is in the right place at the right time to intercept the pass and start a counter attack.
  • Neo TokyoNeo Tokyo Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    If Konami has more premier league licenses I think they would give EA a run for their money.

Would be so much better if both titles had all the premier league licenses, the fans would benefit.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if gameplay is your priority get pes

if music and kits is your priority get fifa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member

if music and kits is your priority get pes, you can update them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redmeister wrote: »

if music and kits is your priority get pes, you can update them.

true,i edited my own kits,think i did a magnificent job on spurs and arsenal if i must say so myself

not got to grips with defending yet,throughballs still undo me online at times,vexed
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

if music and kits is your priority get fifa.

Sigh. In your opinion of course.

Just because you prefer PES gameplay doesn't mean everyone does. I prefer FIFA gameplay, I don't expect everyone else to. Seems a bit childish to say someone would buy fifa cos their priority was "music & kits" to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree gameplay is the major factor but I have friends who only buy Fifa because of the presentation and professional feel to it. Never understood why it matters so much to them over the gameplay.
  • Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    I've plumped for the PC version of PES 2013 for £18.

And i'll be paying the same for the PS2 (yes we still exist) version.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neo Tokyo wrote: »
    If Konami has more premier league licenses I think they would give EA a run for their money.

Would be so much better if both titles had all the premier league licenses, the fans would benefit.

What fans? Pro does have a Premier League with the full kits etc, just takes two weeks after release and the file is there. Konami don't really need the licence so long as they have the option for it to be created (the loophole). Everyone who plays Pro knows this and hardily affects people buying the game. The lack of other leagues on the other hand perhaps, never liked the idea of having just one minor league but its hardily something to get worked over about.
  • Neo TokyoNeo Tokyo Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    vampirek wrote: »
    What fans? Pro does have a Premier League with the full kits etc, just takes two weeks after release and the file is there. Konami don't really need the licence so long as they have the option for it to be created (the loophole). Everyone who plays Pro knows this and hardily affects people buying the game. The lack of other leagues on the other hand perhaps, never liked the idea of having just one minor league but its hardily something to get worked over about.

I know there are some unofficial fan made option files that consist of full team names and kits, not sure I'd go as far as to say that everyone who plays Pro knows about them.

Personally I'm not too bothered about official kits as all you are missing is the team badge and a sponsor which is no biggie. Renaming the teams to their proper names only takes a few minutes.

But there are fans who choose Fifa because of the official team names and Konami not having them puts them at a disadvantage.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob2005 wrote: »
    I agree gameplay is the major factor but I have friends who only buy Fifa because of the presentation and professional feel to it. Never understood why it matters so much to them over the gameplay.

I have friends that buy FIFA for ultimate team and clubs. The gameplay is secondary to them. For me, I love clubs (its genius if you ask me. Ultimate team is too if Im being honest) I played FIFA 10 to death, played FIFA 11 for about 4 months, sold FIFA 12 after 2 weeks. Gameplay is the sole reason as to weather I will keep FIFA or not, if I sell it, ill look at Pro Evo and if that is shit ill sell that too and move on. Its not one or the other for me.
  • J-JJ-J Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have friends that buy FIFA for ultimate team and clubs. The gameplay is secondary to them. For me, I love clubs (its genius if you ask me. Ultimate team is too if Im being honest) I played FIFA 10 to death, played FIFA 11 for about 4 months, sold FIFA 12 after 2 weeks. Gameplay is the sole reason as to weather I will keep FIFA or not, if I sell it, ill look at Pro Evo and if that is shit ill sell that too and move on. Its not one or the other for me.

Very similar to me, i was playing FIFA 10 right up to 11's release, played that till about January and got bored of it and never realy got going with 12. Started a season done all my signings etc got up to about November then the game decided to send me back to september and i could never be bothered to play after that.

I think i only played it maybe 4 /5 times and it has just been collecting dust ever since. This is why im not bothered about getting the new one until i know its good or its cheap!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    Sigh. In your opinion of course.

Just because you prefer PES gameplay doesn't mean everyone does. I prefer FIFA gameplay, I don't expect everyone else to. Seems a bit childish to say someone would buy fifa cos their priority was "music & kits" to be honest.

whya re you sighing???

the OP asked for opinions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whya re you sighing???

the OP asked for opinions.

Because you say the same thing every year :rolleyes:

I'm far too old to be bickering over a video game. My only point was that just because you prefer PES gameplay doesn't mean everyone does, your statement implied that people only buy Fifa for 'music & kits' - I certainly don't.
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Astra 1A wrote: »
    And i'll be paying the same for the PS2 (yes we still exist) version.

I'm also a fellow PS2er, picked up PES 2012 last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    Because you say the same thing every year :rolleyes:

I'm far too old to be bickering over a video game. My only point was that just because you prefer PES gameplay doesn't mean everyone does, your statement implied that people only buy Fifa for 'music & kits' - I certainly don't.

wait a minute. are you seriously saying i should flip flop for no reason???????????? hahahah

i say it every year because its my opinion every year

when fifa makes a truly great game ill acknoledge it.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just play both demos and pick which you prefer.

I prefer FIFA myself but it's personal preference.

I don't understand how people can moan about the price, I get 100x more gameplay from FIFA than any other game and would quite happily pay £100 for it. FIFA is the only game that I play from the day of release right up until the day before the new one comes out. When you think how many hours that adds up to the hourly price is nothing. If you buy it for £40 and play 1000 games it's 4p a game, hardly much when you look at it that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wait a minute. are you seriously saying i should flip flop for no reason???????????? hahahah

Don't be so daft. It's obvious that's not what I'm saying. Why on earth would I care about what you prefer?!

When I say "you say it every year" I mean that you always state about how people buy PES for gameplay & FIFA for other reasons.. its just a personal preference, I don't expect everyone to prefer fifa gameplay just because I do, yet you seem to think if people prefer fifa it's anything other than gameplay reasons. Its tedious tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But from fifa 10 onwards each new edition has been called the greatest football game ever made by critics and i think i read it sells more than PES at a ratio of 25:1, so clearly fifa is making great games or the audience wouldn't be increasing

What would they need to do for you to acknoledge it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simple answer is how will you play?

Single player = PES

Multiplayer = Fifa
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    But from fifa 10 onwards each new edition has been called the greatest football game ever made by critics and i think i read it sells more than PES at a ratio of 25:1, so clearly fifa is making great games or the audience wouldn't be increasing

omg it gets better!!!! you want me to blindly follow critics?

X factor gets super ratings on tv,is that the best show out there?

ahahahah unbelievable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Just because something sells well, does not mean it is the best. It's clever marketing.

PES for me will always be the best, can't beat getting a load of mates round, having a few beings and getting PES rocking.

FIFA's game play to me feels dull. No fun in it.

If anyone wants an option file for PES, pm me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    omg it gets better!!!! you want me to blindly follow critics?

X factor gets super ratings on tv,is that the best show out there?

ahahahah unbelievable.

I think its you being blind here

Since fifa 10 its been called the best football game ever and year on year sales have increased

While in the same period X factor ratings have declinded year on year

The audience decides if something is good, increased sales in Fifa means people love it, falling rating in the X factor mean people don't love it

If almost everybody says something is great and is does better in terms of sales every year you have to at least consider maybe they are right

I used to play PES on PS2 and so did all my mates, but this generation we have all agreed Fifa has become a masterpiece when compared to it, i don't want to hate on PES but asked which is better i'd go with the already called the best football game ever
  • VegetaVegeta Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Fifa have always been selling well. Even the days when Pes was so much superior to Fifa, fifa still always came on top due to the licenses etc. So you're clearly talking rubbish
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vegeta wrote: »
    Fifa has always been selling well. Even the days when Pes was so much superior to Fifa, fifa still always came on top due to the licenses etc. So you're talking rubbish

So fifa hasn't been called the greatest game ever since fifa 10

or

fifa sales more than PES

or

the audience for fifa is increasing year on year

Please enlighten me, which one of those three statements is rubbish