Loss of signal (I think)

Had our Foxsat HDR for maybe a couple of years. Everything was spot on but lately on occasions the screen goes black for a few secs then comes back on again. When it does happen it can be quite frequent. I don't get any 'no signal', just a blank screen. Any help appreciated but please keep it non-techie.

I have another prob with subtitles but hoping that's fixed now I've done a factory reset. If not I'll be back.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would be inclined to try a new hdmi cable. An el cheapo one will do fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Cheers Graham,

We've only had the HDMI cable for less than a year though and it wasn't a cheapie.

So it's rubbish that 'el cheapos' are useless then ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Cheers Graham,

We've only had the HDMI cable for less than a year though and it wasn't a cheapie.

I got a professional HDMI cable last year. It was discounted when I got it. That lasted about 6 months before I stopped getting a signal. I then got one off ebay, a cheap one. Its never given me problems since, but that HDMI cable was for my PS3. The humax HDMI cable that came with the foxsat I've always used and never had a problem.
    Forum Member
    It's not happened since (typical) but I'll certainly give that a go. BTW I don't remember getting one with our Foxsat, the one I've got we bought when we got a new tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sure is, it's a con to lighten yout wallet :eek:. For short leads a £1.00 lead from Poundland will work just as well.

The one that came with the hdr should be fine.
    Forum Member
    I pride myself on NEVER getting conned with 'the dearer the better' but guess what - I did this time when we bought our new tv after having an old CRT and was, let's say, persuaded to buy a £30 cable. As I couldn't wait to get the tv home and immediately set up I fell for it :-/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not happened since (typical) but I'll certainly give that a go. BTW I don't remember getting one with our Foxsat, the one I've got we bought when we got a new tv.

All freesat-HD kit should come with a hdmi cable. The Humax ones certainly did, I have a Foxsat-HD and A Foxsat-HDR and HD FOX T2, all came with cables.