Options

All about Jedward

xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This thread is not designed to start a war or belittle anyone.

I am curious to know WHY people vote for Jedward. Do you think they are talented? Would you buy their “music”? What is it that you find so endearing about them that makes you want to pick up the phone and vote?

What do they have that the other contestants don't have?

I am just trying to get my head around all this Jedmania.

Thank you & Goodnight :)

Comments

• Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The same reason I will vote Katie Price to win on I'm a Celebrity...pure entertainment...The X Factor's not just about singing...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because quite honestly none of them are very good this year and the only part of X Factor I enjoy anymore is watching them. They make me smile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Okay;

I do not think they're the best singers, but they're the ones I'll look forward to most every week. So entertaining. Also, the fact that they're totally gorgeous helps.
    ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them and get them as people. I also like they way they entertain and try hard. I like their performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    I would buy their music, listening to 'I want it that way' and on sky news, I love the soft tone in their voice. :D
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    As I've said on many threads asking the same question - I like their performances and I like them as people. When they leave (which I expect will be tomorrow :() I doubt I'll keep watching because they're the only part that I'm not bored to tears by now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    They make me smile and i look forward to their performances more than any of the others.
    They seem to be able to dismiss all the horrible comments and despicable behaviour from the live audiences and come out on to the stage and enjoy themselves.
    I find most of the other acts tedious.:)
  • Options
    DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I just enjoy them. I'm a bit surprised at myself as normally I go for a vocalist and this time it's all about entertainment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    -Jade" wrote: »
    As I've said on many threads asking the same question - I like their performances and I like them as people. When they leave (which I expect will be tomorrow :() I doubt I'll keep watching because they're the only part that I'm not bored to tears by now.

No, don't say that! We got to vote like crazy!
  • Options
    ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    They have improved week on week, whereas others have plodded along or got progressivley worse. They are moving out of thier comfort zone, chhesy/rap, and actually singing. They are the only ones who do a full on performance every week. They work the hardest of all the act and always give 110% and above all they have the JIZZ factor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    They have improved week on week, whereas others have plodded along or got progressivley worse. They are moving out of thier comfort zone, chhesy/rap, and actually singing. They are the only ones who do a full on performance every week. They work the hardest of all the act and always give 110% and above all they have the JIZZ factor.

:eek: ha ha! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow!! I must say I am surprised at the responses.

I stopped watching the show 2 weeks ago. It is no longer what I thought it was. I have seen good singers go out during the auditions and these two are up on stage every week "entertaining" the nation.

They don't entertain me at all. Never have done and never will. I find them quite irritating frankly.

In fact none of the contestants this year do anything other than let me ask myself if there is no better way to fill my time. So I stopped watching and found other things to do.

I am no longer sure what the xfactor show is all about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luved them from the start, their cute, entertaining, humble
    very likeable and they make me smile from ear to ear:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree with all of that. They sang this week and Danni said they sang in tune. So the stuff about them not singing is finished.

They didn't have as good choreography though. And I don't think it worked to switch from rap to song. But none of that was their fault. They did what they were given very well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ohh and add to my bit they just get on with it without an argument. :D
  • Options
    Searcher2Searcher2 Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Wow!! I must say I am surprised at the responses.

I stopped watching the show 2 weeks ago. It is no longer what I thought it was. I have seen good singers go out during the auditions and these two are up on stage every week "entertaining" the nation.

They don't entertain me at all. Never have done and never will. I find them quite irritating frankly.

In fact none of the contestants this year do anything other than let me ask myself if there is no better way to fill my time. So I stopped watching and found other things to do.

I am no longer sure what the xfactor show is all about.

So you stopped watching and found other things to do... like asking why people vote for Jedward???? They don't entertain you and never will.... but you stopped watching 2 weeks ago so how would you know? The last 2 weeks have been their best performances.

Everyone likes different things. It makes the world what it is. If we all thought the same it really would be boring.

I wonder why you are wasting your time wondering what the X-Factor is all about when you don't watch it any more anyway.

There's plenty more things to do....
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    They're fun, they are entertaining, they are funny (and as Kandy Rain and everyone else will tell you) they are really decent guys.

We know they won't win but they would add some fun to the final - as Same Difference did.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard_s wrote: »
    I like them and get them as people. I also like they way they entertain and try hard. I like their performances.
    Same here. They keep smiling, seem lovely lads, are very entertaining and never seem to whinge and that's what Simon said too!
  • Options
    CarnabyDreamsCarnabyDreams Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

are you being serious?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're entertaining, fun and exciting to watch.

And they wear incredibly snug trousers.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is not designed to start a war or belittle anyone.

I am curious to know WHY people vote for Jedward. Do you think they are talented? Would you buy their “music"? .......

That really isn't relevant. My 73 year old Mum votes every week and she hasn't bought a CD in 30 years!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Searcher2 wrote: »
    So you stopped watching and found other things to do... like asking why people vote for Jedward???? They don't entertain you and never will.... but you stopped watching 2 weeks ago so how would you know? The last 2 weeks have been their best performances.

Everyone likes different things. It makes the world what it is. If we all thought the same it really would be boring.

I wonder why you are wasting your time wondering what the X-Factor is all about when you don't watch it any more anyway.

There's plenty more things to do....

Well I can't escape them!!!
    They are all over the news and all over the newspapers, that's why I am asking, what's the fuss about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I can't escape them!!!
    They are all over the news and all over the newspapers, that's why I am asking, what's the fuss about?

If you still watch then you'll know what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a load of animal droppings.

They haven't improved at all, they are just being forced to do ever more rediculous preformances. In fact last night was a total disaster, they missed almost all of their choreogrphy and were all over the place. Singing off key, out of tune, out of time and dancing was totally muddled, they were all over the place.

They don't always sing, or rap, it's often a backing track and when they do, they do it pretty poorly. They hit the odd note, and occasionally sound ok, but generally it's pretty dire.

Your definition of performance is the same as loius then, the more gimmicks you can cram on a stage the better it is?

How do you know they work the hardest? Oh, wait, you believe everything your told by Louis, i forgot.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love watching Jedward, they entertain me, but please don't talk crap trying to justify them, they are a novelty act, thats what people love about them and in the absence of any truly original tallent, they are the only act worth watching. People love watching them come on a so-called serious tallent show, fluff their songs, fluff their dancing, look like Thunderbird puppets with 2000 volts of electricity shot up their backsides and STILL get voted to stay on over "real" singers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ILoveDS wrote: »
    If you still watch then you'll know what the fuss is about.

I just did.
    It was tragic. :sleep: