Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• JudioJudio Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Am I going mad or was the scene between Elaine and Rhys this afternoon not in the hour long episode last night....?

No this is what happened

In last nights episode they

CUT several scenes involving (second half of the second episode)

AND

They showed scenes involving Mason which are not due to be shown until THURSDAY !!!

The ones missing
    Rani ignoring text messages
    Chris hugging Tash
    Georgia and Kyle in hospital
    Rhys and mother in hospital
    Sophie and Callum at his house

any more ???
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    No this is what happened

In last nights episode they

CUT several scenes involving (second half of the second episode)

AND

They showed scenes involving Mason which are not due to be shown until THURSDAY !!!

The ones missing
    Rani ignoring text messages
    Chris hugging Tash
    Georgia and Kyle in hospital
    Rhys and mother in hospital
    Sophie and Callum at his house

any more ???

Channel 5 made a real dog's dinner of it. What one earth possessed them to do such whole-sale flipping about?
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And also they showed Paul and Mason at the Hospital when they have not yet been !!!

And Karl telling Susan about Priya as well
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    Loved having Angie back. She's such a hoot! Shame she can't recur throughout the year, like Lou does.

She is definitely one character they should bring back for good. I like her and she is a breath of fresh air, loud and crazy.
    kvn wrote: »
    Was there any reason why Tash was in such a bad mood?
    It's the beginning of her exit storyline which in my opinion is very poor. She has been one of the stand out characters/actresses over the last year or two and her exit was appalling!
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I was surprised to hear the backing tracks of songs I actually know!

I am sure I heard an Adele song playing in the background at the end when Rhys fell dead. They didn't play it in the Oz paced episode though.
    DC1983 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice that Priya and Sonya looked completely perfect whilst in their hospital beds! I would have expected a little bruising and some cuts after what happened to them.

Very poor episode in my opinion. Half the people that were at the explosion managed to come out of it without even a hair out of place. They should have planned it much better. The teens car crash was much more realistic and had a lot more impact in my opinion. How good would it have been to have had Angie running around like a mad woman with her hair all over the place! :D
    Deschanel wrote: »
    It was an awesome episode.

Also, several characters vanished from the wedding just before or after the explosion - Angie, Scotty, Lucas, Vanessa... Vanessa was catching the bouquet when the marquee exploded, yet was nowhere to be seen afterwards.

Hmm a bit of a contradiction there. Can't really have been that awesome an episode when half the cast disappeared from the explosion without even a scratch on their face. Personally, I thought the exposion episode was carp compared to some of the other tragedies they have had. Rachel and Zeke at the nightclub went on for about 2 episodes back then. With 2 characters being killed off this time, I thought they would have covered all bases.
  • kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Channel 5 made a real dog's dinner of it. What one earth possessed them to do such whole-sale flipping about?

I think Channel Five set it up as almost a one off mini film with setting the scene at the start and cutting out bits less "important" to the flow of last nights story if you think about what was included in the introduction. It was obviously a ploy to get some new viewers. I enjoyed it to be honest. I'm sure the rest will all fit together over the next few days!
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really couldn't understand why rani went off on one. It seemed to come out of nowhere.moaning about the dress and then having a go at cal when he was complementing her. How bad will she feel after what she said to her mum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I am sure I heard an Adele song playing in the background at the end when Rhys fell dead. They didn't play it in the Oz paced episode though

or at the end of today's UK pace (i actually thought it was better without). So i watched today as well to see the scenes which weren't shown last night. That was a lovely between one Rhys and Elaine.

Removed scenes aside, i thought the whole set up of last nights special episode was really good
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    :mad: Has no one on this thread ever learned how to post SPOILERS??
    Not everyone saw last night's ep!
    If we all talked in spoilers, the entire thread would be in spoilers. It can't be a spoiler once it has aired. If you missed it, then it's your responsibility to avoid threads like these.
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    Hmm a bit of a contradiction there. Can't really have been that awesome an episode when half the cast disappeared from the explosion without even a scratch on their face. Personally, I thought the exposion episode was carp compared to some of the other tragedies they have had. Rachel and Zeke at the nightclub went on for about 2 episodes back then. With 2 characters being killed off this time, I thought they would have covered all bases.
    You could see it as a contradiction. What I meant was that I enjoyed the episode despite its flaws. I tend to overuse the word awesome. :p They have done disasters better in the past, but I guess it's all part of the new pacier show. I think it's a mistake with this story, as they had so many beats to play, it would never have felt too slow.
    Matt35 wrote: »
    I really couldn't understand why rani went off on one. It seemed to come out of nowhere.moaning about the dress and then having a go at cal when he was complementing her. How bad will she feel after what she said to her mum.
    Actually it was all in character. She's been having image issues for months, and she complained the other day that she wanted a more revealing dress b/c "all the girls dress like that". It's not the first time she's been offended by a compliment, b/c she doesn't see herself like that.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so annoyed! I'm watching today's episode and I've already seen half the scenes from the special. Now I find out that I missed extra scenes from yesterday's ep which I deliberately didn't watch because I thought I'd seen it in the special. I wish I hadn't watched the special now!!
  • Percy HardyPercy Hardy Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    OMG. Well done Neighbours for being the first TV show to make me cry. Today was emotional! I thought I was a right hard b*stard.

I found it odd that Callum & Toadie were not at Sonia's bedside at all today, seems a bit out of character! Was it the actors day off when that was filmed?
  • fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite part of today's episode was the nature-shot and then the 'five days later'
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloody Neighbours today! I gave out a little cheer and almost punched the air when it looked like they were going to do a classic 'Amnesia' plot with Sonya, but the 'Tomorrow On Neighbours' bit shows that it's only the events of the wedding day she is struggling to recall. Swizz!

Kyle today proved once again that he is the best bloke on the street. Hurry up and see the light, Georgia! He needs some love.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's episode had me in bits. First time Neighbours has had this effect on me. Bit sad it's going to go back to normal (ish) now the event is finished. I enjoyed it. If C5 decide to do another 10pm special though, they shouldn't edit them the scenes the way they did as I had to go On Demand to watch the normal editions to get the full story. They should have just kept Tuesdays and Wednesdays episodes as they were and not taken scenes from today's (I can't believe they cut the Rhys an Elaine scene, which was one of the best in yesterdays). Saying that, I did like the use of the Katy Perry and Rihanna tracks as it made a nice change. The acting has been spectacular over the last few days too, in particular Kyle (who is fast becoming one of my fave Neighbours Characters), Toadie, and surprisingly Rani and Ajay. Hope Neighbours can do more events like this in the future.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and My Dad thought we were going mad. We could have sworn we have seen most of todays episode yesterday, yet, my Mum said she can't remember. What is going on? Have they cut todays bits, mixed them with what they showed yesterday? My head is all over the place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    Me and My Dad thought we were going mad. We could have sworn we have seen most of todays episode yesterday, yet, my Mum said she can't remember. What is going on? Have they cut todays bits, mixed them with what they showed yesterday? My head is all over the place.

I kept saying to my mum things like "I bet he finds Queensland licence plates in the back there". It was funny... sort of :D Probably not intentional but the five days later thing made me chuckle

Lucas couldn't even pretend to look gutted about Rhys and just snogged Vanessa instead. The acting continues to be (mostly) amazing. Rani, Kyle, it's a pretty long list.

Mason really is a woeful actor and oh yay Scotty tomorrow too!
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    am i in a timewarp or something? we're going through certain scenes again and again and again
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The editing was a bit dodgy today. Rhys died with Karl present and then we had a scene with Karl and Susan in Sonya's hospital room and Karl was fine then a couple of minutes later we had a scene with Susan comforting Karl who was upset over Rhys death. Surely they mixed them scenes up. :confused:
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,286
    Forum Member
    Looks like the Tuners are going to be involved a lot next week..not for positive reasons.

What do you think of them generally?
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    Looks like the Tuners are going to be involved a lot next week..not for positive reasons.

Everything seems centred around Mason and the problem is, Mason's terrible. I don't really like any of them, gone off Amber a bit, Lauren's just a bit dull. I guess Bailey's okay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are shockingly dull.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,038
    Forum Member
    ITA about Mason, he needs to, um, develop a bit as an actor.

However as a family I think they've settled in really well, so much better than the Parkers and the dreaded Didge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITA about Mason, he needs to, um, develop a bit as an actor.

However as a family I think they've settled in really well, so much better than the Parkers and the dreaded Didge.

haha i still have no idea to this day why Susan Bower thought that family (Didge especially) were like the second coming or something :D Seriously when your ties to the show are eternally dull Ned Parker how great can you be?!

I agree that some non-Mason Turner time would be nice.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Woodentops - especially Mason
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Cared more about Rhys then Priya or the ever-so-annoying Sonya!
  • hsellorshsellors Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that it wasn't just me getting confused at the strange editing. I almost stopped watching todays because I thought I'd already seen it, then decided to fast forward a bit, glad I did! I would've completely missed Priya's goodbye scene. And on that note!

My goodness, I had to look away because I was in a room with other people because I knew if I watched I would have cried like a big baby. Very good acting!
This discussion has been closed.