Heart Stations

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    spotify95 wrote: »
    And that heart playlist is very repetitive indeed! We need some new songs!

And we need proper broadcasting, none of these "delayed ad breaks" where you hear silence and auto play, and definitely no dodgy segueways!

1 - What's a "delayed ad break"?

2 - What's "auto play"?

3 - What's a "segueway"?

4 - Why haven't you been banned yet?
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Do sit down next to your radio and go through with a fine tooth comb every slightest mistake there is? There is a delay with network shows as the breaks, out / before the news needs to combine with every
    heart station. I'm sure we all hear it, but likes of me and others understand why it's happening, but l
    guess not even the best tech op or DJ could prevent this.
    Ok, I won't be so picky then. But when I used to listen to Heart I didn't hear any silence between any ad breaks or the news at the TOTH. It looks as though it was a technical fault, so apologies for being so picky with the station as no-one can help technical faults.

I didn't listen to the radio today - I just picked up on one of the posts below stating about this error. :o
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Last news would have been midday unless there was a breaking story.
    Forum Member
    Cut6 wrote: »
    1 - What's a "delayed ad break"?

2 - What's "auto play"?

3 - What's a "segueway"?

4 - Why haven't you been banned yet?

1) This is due to technical issues in the system when the adverts are unable to play on time. Usually there will be some silence instead, or "auto play" will follow on.
    2) Auto play is when the system has been set up to play something else, such as a track, to avoid long lengths of silence in case of a technical fault. Another example of this is on the East Midlands DAB service, when auto play is used to play a song instead of some adverts that are irrelevant. (Only the national ones play instead of local ones.)
    3) A segueway, or segue as it is also known as, is a smooth transition between two different elements on air - usually between two songs, with a "This Is Heart" ident in between. However, on Heart, many of these are not smooth, and crash the vocals in a song by cutting the song too short. Misplaced segue markers, or presenters "back timing" are to blame for this, with some songs having as much as a minute shaved off the end.
    4) A poster only gets banned if they violate the terms and conditions of use. Almost all of my posts have been on topic, and I have never broken the terms of use. I am very careful with what I post as I value my account.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back Cart machines ha ha
  • GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Sorry Guys, I tried to change topic with asking about the new production but Spotify finds a way to get his pointless argument going again...

So...

The return of 'Give It Some Heart' with the Olly Murs TV ads - what do you think?

I think it's a good move to try and get the Moyles listeners on side - Olly was always on their with him - but I think it's 12 months too late.
  • HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldenage wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, I tried to change topic with asking about the new production but Spotify finds a way to get his pointless argument going again...

So...

The return of 'Give It Some Heart' with the Olly Murs TV ads - what do you think?

I think it's a good move to try and get the Moyles listeners on side - Olly was always on their with him - but I think it's 12 months too late.

No one associates olly with chris moyles SURELY?! Well heart listeners don't for sure! Heart are deffo not trying to attract listeners who used to listen to chris moyles, what made you think that?
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    No one associates olly with chris moyles SURELY?! Well heart listeners don't for sure! Heart are deffo not trying to attract listeners who used to listen to chris moyles, what made you think that?

Radio 1 play a bit of everything but I definitely wouldn't say that Heart are attracting the same audience as Radio 1!

Radio 1's target is 15-24, Heart aim for slightly older (20's to 30's?) females.

Having said that even the correct age group will be put off if segueways like these are continued to be aired!
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 play a bit of everything but I definitely wouldn't say that Heart are attracting the same audience as Radio 1!

Radio 1's target is 15-24, Heart aim for slightly older (20's to 30's?) females.

Having said that even the correct age group will be put off if segueways like these are continued to be aired!

Give it a break man. Sequewaywayways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »

I bet Chris is laughing everyone thinking he's associated with every radio station since he left Radio 1 as listeners fade elsewhere?
    Forum Member
    Give it a break man. Sequewaywayways.

What the hell is a "sequewaywayways"?!

If you're going to criticise my recordings from Heart, at least use the correct terminology! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you're going to criticise my recordings from Heart, at least use the correct terminology! :rolleyes:

LOL:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The second part of my last post disappeared for some strange reason.

Anyhoo, from the Oxford English Dictionary no less....
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/segue

Now who needs to use "the correct terminology"?

And incase your humour bypass has occured, I was taking the wotsit with you.
  • nobjockeynobjockey Posts: 1,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The second part of my last post disappeared for some strange reason.

Anyhoo, from the Oxford English Dictionary no less....
    http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/segue

Now who needs to use "the correct terminology"?

And incase your humour bypass has occured, I was taking the wotsit with you.

He knows, it's been explained to him countless times.
    Forum Member
    nobjockey wrote: »
    He knows, it's been explained to him countless times.

Yes it's segue or segway. So I'll stick to segue as of now.
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldenage wrote: »

Good advert! I like the way everyone makes a heart shape with their hands.
    Only one thing wrong, it doesn't actually state that Heart is a radio station, but little things like that don't matter really do they? :rolleyes:
  • radiodadradiodad Posts: 2,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good advert! I like the way everyone makes a heart shape with their hands.
    Only one thing wrong, it doesn't actually state that Heart is a radio station, but little things like that don't matter really do they? :rolleyes:

Ye apart from the Heart logo at the end with the frequancy and FM. :rolleyes: Not one person would know what that means.
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With Jamie flying off on his hols today

JK and Lucy will be covering breakfast tomorrow and Friday(heart London)

Roberto will be on tomorrow

16:00 to 19:00 (heart London)

Mark Wright will be live again with Ring Mark Wright

19:00 to 22:00 (heart network)

Friday

16:00 to 19:00 (heart London)

Roberto

19:00 to 21:00 (heart network)

Mark Wright as normal

21:00 to 01:00 (heart network)

Jenny Francis

All next week

Stephen Mulhern and Emma Willis will be on breakfast for heart London 06:00 to 09:00
    Forum Member
    A butchered Starship, no less!

Nothing's gonna stop us now!

Well, nothing stopped this from happening:

http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-ridiculously-early-segue-on-starship-nothings-gonna-stop-us-now/

It was segued halfway through the main chorus part - crashing the vocals - why?!
  • suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch that is bad radio but I hate that song anyway and is played way to much on fart.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.mixcloud.com/spotify95/heart-ridiculously-early-segue-on-starship-nothings-gonna-stop-us-now/

It was segued halfway through the main chorus part - crashing the vocals - why?!

To piss you off?

Seriously man, why are you posting these, it wont change ANYTHING.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why don't you get in touch with Richard Park and tell him l can do this better than your DJs?
  • darkknight77darkknight77 Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gawd, I wish the only thing I had to worry about in my life was if some radio station was fading out god awful cheesey pop songs from the 80s a few seconds early. The song is dreadful anyway, they should have faded it even earlier! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 303
    Forum Member

If you're going to criticise Heart you should also use the correct terminology. There's no such word as "segueway". It's "segue". Looks like we've cleared that one up now.

I've never heard anyone talk about a "delayed ad break". Where did you hear this term?

I'm also not aware of any stations that use a system called "auto play". Could you give me some examples please?
    Forum Member
    Gawd, I wish the only thing I had to worry about in my life was if some radio station was fading out god awful cheesey pop songs from the 80s a few seconds early. The song is dreadful anyway, they should have faded it even earlier! :rolleyes:

But of course there are people like me who enjoy listening to Starship songs - and don't want to hear them cut ridiculously short.