Options

Madam Secretary: S01 [US Pace]

xander63xander63 Posts: 669
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watched eps 09 which was easily the seasons best so far, now it's delving deeper into the conspiracy behind Senator Marsh's death. I think it's getting better and looking like a pretty solid show now.

Wondered if anyone else is enjoying it as much as me?! :)

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was quite critical of it for the first few episodes but it does seem to have found its feet now that it is more about the ongoing conspiracy rather than the Sec of State single handedly saving the world every week. It's still no West Wing, but nothing can ever match that.

The Katherine Heigl vehicle "State of Affairs" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlPJVmeA3t8) starts tonight so it will be interesting to see how that competes as a political/conspiracy drama alongside Scandal, House of Cards and Homeland. I'm no fan of Heigl so my expectations aren't high.
  • Options
    xxdeeniexxxxdeeniexx Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    i am only up to episode 4, but this is one of my new favourite shows! Having not been a fan of Tea Leoni before, she is a good lead in this. I like that there is a single story conclusion in every episode and hope it stays that way throughout unlike Scandal.
  • Options
    fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more episode and it's not until January. US scheduling - ho hum...

The situations and the resolutions have been pretty (really!) simplistic, but the characters have a good chemistry and I'd like to see this get a second season.