Options

OFAH The favorites

Comments

• Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's some particularly boring trolling right there.
  • Options
    SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a bit disappointed with this to be honest. While they've been advertising it, it looked like David Jason would be doing more - talking about them, sharing funny moments from filming.

All seems a bit of a waste of time to be honest which is a shame - could have been so good!
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    batesy2000 wrote: »
    Miami Twice is terrible. Not the worst, the last few were the worst.

My thoughts exactly. Apart from the terrible comeback episodes, it's my least favourite of Only Fools episode. It's dreadful.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well now Gold are showing two episodes a night for the next two weeks subheading them as the twenty favourite episodes, so it is in other words just a different way of showing two weeks of Only Fools & Horses.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    That's some particularly boring trolling right there.
    He only winges about being forced to watch OFAH.;-):D
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    17 - The Miracle of Peckham

16 - Danger UXD

Two of my favourites! Love both these episodes.

The 1989 version of the video recorder is funny on it's own, viewed it these days! Love the scene when it blows up! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    17 - The Miracle of Peckham

16 - Danger UXD

Two of my favourites! Love both these episodes.

The 1989 version of the video recorder is funny on it's own, viewed it these days! Love the scene when it blows up! lol

The VCR blows up in Little Problems, of course, not in Danger UXD. I just always think about it blowing up when I see it in this episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Well now Gold are showing two episodes a night for the next two weeks subheading them as the twenty favourite episodes, so it is in other words just a different way of showing two weeks of Only Fools & Horses.

They're being shown over one week, not two.

No 2 and No 1 are on on Sunday night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No 15 - The Russians are coming

No 14 - Sleeping dogs lie

Another from Series 1. That's 2 from that series. Probably the last one? They might think 2 is a fair share out of 20! lol

Sleeping dogs lie is one of my very favourites. I'd have that in my top 5.
  • Options
    SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Difficult to choose a top 20 though. I quite like the more recent episodes :)
  • Options
    annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the unlucky winner is ...... Rodney being 14 and the groovy gang.

Jolly Boys - the coach blowing up as Rodney is on the phone to Cassandra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    annielou wrote: »
    And the unlucky winner is ...... Rodney being 14 and the groovy gang.

Jolly Boys - the coach blowing up as Rodney is on the phone to Cassandra.

That was hilarious that. Rodney on the phone to Cassandra, saying something like "I think it's a bit unfair to say that everything Del touches goes wrong"
    BOOM!
    "Cass .... Our coach's just blown up"

Lol. Priceless.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 15 - The Russians are coming

No 14 - Sleeping dogs lie

Another from Series 1. That's 2 from that series. Probably the last one? They might think 2 is a fair share out of 20! lol

Sleeping dogs lie is one of my very favourites. I'd have that in my top 5.
    Hope they show Go West Young Man.

Great line: Rodney: 'are they a couple of ravers?' Del: 'no, they are a couple of geezers'

Girl in club: 'what do you prefer Rodney, Astroturf or grass?'
    Rodney: 'dunno, I've never smoked astroturf':D
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My personal favourite is 'The Frog's Legacy', not many people have mentioned this one yet but it is my favourite. Not just because its funny but I always get so hooked on the story, every time I watch the episode I always think just how great a writer John Sullivan was, it really shows in that episode....more than in any other episode I think. just genius.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clarky323 wrote: »
    My personal favourite is 'The Frog's Legacy', not many people have mentioned this one yet but it is my favourite. Not just because its funny but I always get so hooked on the story, every time I watch the episode I always think just how great a writer John Sullivan was, it really shows in that episode....more than in any other episode I think. just genius.

That's one of my favourites as well. So many hilarious moments but one always sticking in my mind is from after Rodney's started his new job that Del got him and is dressed in his 'funeral clothes'

"I saw a reflection of myself in a window. I look like a wand!" lol
    Brilliant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No 13 - Three men, a woman and a baby.

No 12 - May the force be with you.

No 11 - Strained relations

Strained relations must've been very hard to write and perform, but John Suillivan did it brilliantly, managing to balance the sadness at losing grandad and the humour in welcoming Albert.
    And of course, there was the wonderful moment that lifted the gloom of the funeral scene when the vicar's hat was put in the grave by mistake!
  • Options
    Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    May The Force Be With You has the best ending, with Del incriminating himself as the thief just after signing an immunity from prosecution which then Slater realises in horror

Favorite episodes
    Danger UXD, funniest part of the episode, is the reaction of Del, Rodney & Uncle Albert, when they realise what Del has brought & the scene in the flat when the dolls automatically inflate.

Jolly Boys Outing,
    He Aint Heavy He's My Uncle
    The Sky's The Limit
    To Hull & Back
    Ashes To Ashes, scene in the flat Grandad talking to the Urn that has Arthurs Ashes in, so Del winds Grandad up pretending to be Arthur.
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    I do have a soft spot for 'Friday the 14th'

Rodney and the face at the window:D:D
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    It looks like no 1 will be a feature length episode as it is scheduled from 9.40 - 11.30. So maybe Jolly Boys Outing. no 2 has a 40 minute slot so must be a 30 minute episode so probably the chandiler one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ashes to Ashes was a good one. Trying to dispose of the ashes!

And 'Arthur's Ashes .... isn't he the black bloke that won Wimbledon?"
    lol

Every episode had something hilarious in it even if you didn't partlcularly love the episode as a whole!

And yes, I have a soft spot for Friday the 14th as well.
  • Options
    Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have a soft spot for 'Friday the 14th'

Rodney and the face at the window:D:D

A true classic I'd never get bored of.😄
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    No mention yet of Heroes and Villians? I watched when it originally aired and the Batman and Robin scenes were hilarious, and Rodney chasing the mugger until he corners him, then realising he's out gunned and being chased in return lol

I have to mention to Hull and Back as a joint favourite though - makes me laugh every single time. Slater was such a good character and well played by Jim Broadbent :)

Del Boy: We got lost in the middle of the North Sea. Luckily we spotted the Zeebrugge to Hull ferry and we followed it.
    Abdul: And that's how you got to Hull?
    Del Boy: No. that's how we got to Zeebrugge. It was going the wrong bloody way.

:D:D
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 - Cash and Curry

19 - The Class of '62

18 - Who's a pretty boy?

I thought No 18 was funny. The dead bird! lol

I liked Class of '62 as well. Not so much Cash and Curry.

One thing is very obvious. Whoever picked these episodes will make sure they're spread over every series, when really S1 might not really include anyone's 'favourite episode' . Cash and Curry was episode 3.

Who's a Pretty Boy is one of my faves, "Rodney" It might not be completely dead! haha

I would love to see To Hull And Back as number one that's my fave :)
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised the Russians are coming made the top 20!, certianly not one I would ever of put on that list

I really hope No Greater Love from S2 is included, its one of my favs from the earlier series

That scene when Rodney is on the phone to Maureen saying how much he misses her and cannot wait to see her and then after hanging up Grandad asks who it was to which Rodney says 'Micky Pearce', Del's face and reaction is priceless...Rodney ''Del I got a bit of a problem'', Del ''I don't wanna know'' and then when discussing the age gap Grandad says that even he would have to think twice about dating her :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    10 - The Longest night

9 - Time on our hands