Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The effects of working night shift.

In my head it's around 7:25PM, but everything around me says it's 10:25AM. Also I've worked night shift, on and off, many years and it still feels wrong to eat supper in the morning.

I wish my bedroom was soundproofed, too.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    The effects of working night shift.

In my head it's around 7:25PM, but everything around me says it's 10:25AM. Also I've worked night shift, on and off, many years and it still feels wrong to eat supper in the morning.

I wish my bedroom was soundproofed, too.
    Night shifts - during my university Summer break after the second year, I took a job in a plastics recycling plant with 2-day, 2-night shift patterns. The nightshifts completely ruined my diet, sleeping habits etc and it took me a good year to fully get back to normal. You have my sympathies on that one.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting 'lol' randomly after something, whether or not it's funny or even supposed to be.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Searching for something on eBay, finding the perfect match, then realizing the item is in America and the listing didn't mention the £20+ postage that makes it not so perfect a match. :(
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Putting 'lol' randomly after something, whether or not it's funny or even supposed to be.

Guilty :blush: lol
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahahahahaha is much worse IMO.....normally follows seriously unfunny output.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And those who say "not trying to be funny but..." before saying something.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    When you have good news and you tell a friend and their reaction is pretty much 'meh'.
    At least pretend to be happy for me, christsake. It's not that difficult.
    It annoys me cus I think I'm a pretty good/supportive mate to others and they can't be bothered to put a bit of effort in.
  • Options
    Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing a full system clean up and defrag...then getting a major Windows Update..
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who cannot construct a sentence without peppering it with curse words. Is a large and comprehensive vocabulary a thing of the past?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When you've been sent to see someone (work related) ,make the effort to travel there (40mins on the bus), paid out of your own pocket and when you arrive they pretty much say 'on second thought let's do this another day.'

There's this thing called a phone, you could have phoned me and explained so I wouldn't have to get up early for absolutely nothing.>:(
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some, no every one I have ever met are exactly the same, doctor's receptionists that is. Rude and ignorant, do they have special training for this job?

I have moved four times in the past 20 years and each time the doctor's receptionists have been straight out of the same Nurse Ratchett mould. Even the receptionists at our latest doctors are the same. Leaving you to stand at the desk whilst they either stare at their PCs (I think they are probably playing Solitaire), carry on chatting with each other about what was on EastEnders last night, and most annoying of all pretending to look up names on the card index when we all know it is all computerised. They ask why you want to see the doctor, tut loudly when you refuse to tell them, bet they look into all the patient's records so they have something to gossip about.

Worst one was our last receptionist, who, in a crowded waiting room, wearing the biggest pair of rubber gloves outside the sewerage works, bellowed (using my first name which is very unprofessional, she isn't a friend and I don't go the doctor's often enough to know her personally) "... did you know you are diabetic?, no?, well you are now", Mortified didn't even cover it!

To add insult to injury, all over the waiting room are notices (probably printed by the receptionists themselves) tell us not to insult or annoy the staff otherwise you will be taken off the doctor's list. I am so tempted to print out one saying don't insult or annoy the patients or you may get a poke in the eye!

Rant over, sorry but they have really wound me up today.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes me the most terrible parent alive:

My son's ukulele-playing.

The idea of him as an aspiring/self-teaching musician is wonderful and all, but the ukulele music? I wish I was dead.

Couldn't he play a video game with headphones or something? I feel crap for saying that as I should be more supportive, but I'm trying to sleep. It's 5:20AM (night shift). His music is making me think of that film Deliverance. I should have said no when he went for the ukulele. Should have steered him towards an instrument that produces less creepy music.

Edited:
    I meant deaf, but dead will do.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    This makes me the most terrible parent alive:

My son's ukulele-playing.

The idea of him as an aspiring/self-teaching musician is wonderful and all, but the ukulele music? I wish I was dead.

Couldn't he play a video game with headphones or something? I feel crap for saying that as I should be more supportive, but I'm trying to sleep. It's 5:20AM (night shift). His music is making me think of that film Deliverance. I should have said no when he went for the ukulele. Should have steered him towards an instrument that produces less creepy music.

Edited:
    I meant deaf, but dead will do.

It's not the instrument that produces the creepy music, it is the child

Muahahaha :D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melvin Bragg. Got nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he's a delight, but his voice >:( I wish he'd put out a talking book, it would cure my insomnia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who say 'you don't understand the point' or 'what you've failed to realise is..' when they mean they've failed to convince you of their argument so you still don't agree with them.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    People who say 'you don't understand the point' or 'what you've failed to realise is..' when they mean they've failed to convince you of their argument so you still don't agree with them.

I know someone who begins any argument with "Any reasonable/intelligent person would agree with me that..." and then they start spouting some total nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who begins any argument with "Any reasonable/intelligent person would agree with me that..." and then they start spouting some total nonsense.
    Oh, yes, that too. That's like the old 'it's just common sense' irritation. These are just digs designed to provoke, IMO, so they 'win' that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My ego has taken a beating recently. A few months ago I had 5 admirers,yes five and it was great - people trying to impress you, saying how lovely you are etc. Had some fun times, (attractive) guys wanting to be in my company - well it's flattering. I had to choose which one to make my boyfriend and we mostly had a nice time. And now I can't get a guy to look twice at me. :s
    My mates tell me how wonderful dating sites are but I've found it rubbish, I finally send a message to someone and don't get a reply.
    I haven't changed looks overnight, I guess I just had some good luck at one point and its definitely ran out.

Shallow I know,but it irritates me. To go from having loads of friends, guys thinking you're cool and attractive and your confidence is (finally) sky high. Then next thing you know, everything has gone :--c
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who are ALREADY saying that we'll be losing an hour's sleep on Sunday, as a result of the clocks going forward.

When will people realise that people are still awake when the clocks go forward, thus meaning that they have lost no hours of sleep?
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    People who are ALREADY saying that we'll be losing an hour's sleep on Sunday, as a result of the clocks going forward.

When will people realise that people are still awake when the clocks go forward, thus meaning that they have lost no hours of sleep?

Clocks go forward at 1am. I'll be asleep. Most clocks change automatically these days. If I fall asleep at 11pm on Saturday and have my alarm set for Sunday 7am, normally that means I would get 8 hours sleep, this weekend it will be 7 hours.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The fact that on Monday one of my colleagues will be late because we've changed the clocks. Doesn't matter if they go forward or backwards, he'll still be late.
  • Options
    NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Christing 'England band' that play the same brass bollocks at EVERY England football match.
  • Options
    clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when you go into work and someone says to you 'you alright' and I reply with 'yeah I'm fine thanks'. He then replies with 'are you sure?' :mad:
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're looking for a certain number of a thing but they're only being sold in 2 size-batches - one containing too few and the other containing too many. And the too many one is better value for money but you'll be stuck with those extra ones that might just go to waste.
This discussion has been closed.