Masterchef 2015

1137138139140141143»

Comments

• RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    FINALLY catching up after a week away and before another week away :-(

What impressed me about Simon was he was prepared to work at the bottom. Compare and contrast Curry-chap whose name I forget and Sarah (I think) who were quite distasteful about the prep and hard graft in the kitchens in their professional service rounds.

I am pretty sure the others will also find success if they were to ask for apprenticeships as other winners have done in the past. Some may want the book deals and fame, but a few have used it as a platform to do it the hard way and I do take my hat off to them!
  • DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Great series ! wanted Tony to win but happy with Simon winning

Just didn't want Emma to win

Didn't like the chick with the excessive aweful makeup and some of the other girls were annoying as well but the final 3 were excellent
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan Ross Clark @Rylan · 56m 56 minutes ago
    Very Excited to announce I've taken part in this years Celebrity Masterchef. @MasterChefUK x
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    Rylan Ross Clark @Rylan · 56m 56 minutes ago
    Very Excited to announce I've taken part in this years Celebrity Masterchef. @MasterChefUK x

This is the full line up for this years Celeb Masterchef :

Scott Maslen
    Tish (Patricia) Potter
    Craig Gazey
    Amanda Donohue
    Sheree Murphy
    Mica Paris
    Sarah Harding
    Kimberly Wyatt
    Tom Parker
    Chesney Hawkes
    Sam Nixon
    Keith Chegwin
    Andy Akinwolere
    Yvette Fielding
    Rylan Clark
    Syd Little
    Arlene Phillips
    Samira Ahmed
    Natalie Lowe
    Danny C
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Scott Maslen
    Tish (Patricia) Potter
    Craig Gazey
    Amanda Donohue
    Sheree Murphy
    Mica Paris
    Sarah Harding
    Kimberly Wyatt
    Tom Parker
    Chesney Hawkes
    Sam Nixon
    Keith Chegwin
    Andy Akinwolere
    Yvette Fielding
    Rylan Clark
    Syd Little
    Arlene Phillips
    Samira Ahmed
    Natalie Lowe
    Danny C

How exactly would Chesney Hawkes qualify as a celebrity even by the broadest notion.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only heard of 4 of them :(
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Harding
    Kimberly Wyatt

Gregg will be perving over these two women
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    I've only heard of 4 of them :(

Which 4?
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I definitely know 15, I have heard 2 of the other names but don't know who they are and there are 3 that i have never heard of at all
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chesney Hawkes
    Keith Chegwin
    Syd Little
    Arlene Phillips
    :)
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chesney Hawkes
    Keith Chegwin
    Syd Little
    Arlene Phillips

Do you know Arlene from Strictly?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,818
    Forum Member
    Chesney Hawkes
    Keith Chegwin
    Syd Little
    Arlene Phillips

Interesting. Trying to figure out how old you are as there are some pretty well known names of all ages on that list you have missed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know quite a few this year.

I will be rooting for Sam Nixon (was on Pop Idol 2 and is now a successful children's presenter along with Mark Rhodes

I actually met them both on a couple of occasions (I should add I am late 30s so not their target audience !) and Sam in particular is the nicest bloke you could ever meet. But as this is ultimately a cooking show I should add that he is a real foody and was looking to be a chef before he auditioned for pop idol.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does it start?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    June 18th I believe
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Candy39 wrote: »

I will be rooting for Sam Nixon (was on Pop Idol 2 and is now a successful children's presenter along with Mark Rhodes

I actually met them both on a couple of occasions (I should add I am late 30s so not their target audience !) and Sam in particular is the nicest bloke you could ever meet. But as this is ultimately a cooking show I should add that he is a real foody and was looking to be a chef before he auditioned for pop idol.

Loved him on Pop Idol, I'll be rooting for him all the way.
  • TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter has just phoned me all excited because Gregg Wallace has just eaten in her pub. He had burger and chips and said it was lovely.
    None of the serving staff recognised him! :blush::D
  • SweetiecatSweetiecat Posts: 1,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Candy39 wrote: »

I thought I recognised the name but couldn't work out where from. Didn't he do dancing on Ice too?

I recognize most of the names, there are just a couple I don't know but I may recognise them when I see their faces.
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    yeah Sam did Dancing on Ice had Alexandra Schurman and did ok to well on there, he made week 8. Could have gone further had Chico not being in the Skate off. He should have had another week since Andy Whyment was worse. He also did seem like a genuinely nice guy on both shows IMO I loved both series last year. I heard of a few of the celebs wanted Sam to win and before the final I think he was going to. I also knew Rylan Kimberly Arlene Keith and a couple more. Looking forward to both series this year. does anyone know when the non celeb series start?
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    Actually having had another look at the list I knew nearly all of them only Sid I didn't really have a clue about. At my age I wasn't around too much when Little and large were.
  • fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Tony Rodd recently at the Foodies Festival, he was enjoying his free prosecco and MCing the food tent. Opens a restaurant soon in Shoreditch, which sounds good. He was very friendly, and also had to act the straight man while doing a set with Tim Vine, which was hysterical.