Holiday Inn - managed to book two nights on non-refund saver

roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Great.

So I thought I'd bagged a decent rate earlier this week for London, one night next week. I had originally looked at two nights and decided against it. Then I checked my account. £160 had gone out.

On the website it had clearly said £72 for one night in large print. My mistake was that somewhere in the small print it had said that rate for two nights.

Now I have paid out £160 for one night, non-refundable, and won't be staying in London for any other nights any time soon. I've been given two numbers to ring and no one can even offer me a solution.

Put me off using them again, could hardly afford £72 :(

Comments

• Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you booked through the IHG.com website with all due respect it was almost certainly your fault, it's fairly clear in my experience. Did you phone their customer services? Ask to speak to a supervisor if you get no joy with the first line agent, you can realistically only hope for a discretionary refund.
  • roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    If you booked through the IHG.com website with all due respect it was almost certainly your fault, it's fairly clear in my experience. Did you phone their customer services? Ask to speak to a supervisor if you get no joy with the first line agent, you can realistically only hope for a discretionary refund.

I found the bigger bolder £72 for one night message rather misleading when I'm trying to book for one night, but yes I take responsibility. I need to stop using their website I seem to always get confused, but the points seemed enticing.

I rang CS who advised me to ring the hotel. The hotel have since advised some sort of head office number, who knows who they'll recommend.
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried getting your money back from your card issuer?
  • TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
    Forum Member
    Great.

So I thought I'd bagged a decent rate earlier this week for London, one night next week. I had originally looked at two nights and decided against it. Then I checked my account. £160 had gone out.

On the website it had clearly said £72 for one night in large print. My mistake was that somewhere in the small print it had said that rate for two nights.

Now I have paid out £160 for one night, non-refundable, and won't be staying in London for any other nights any time soon. I've been given two numbers to ring and no one can even offer me a solution.

Put me off using them again, could hardly afford £72 :(

Goodness knows what you were doing.

When you book a hotel on an IHG website, you input your arrival date, departure date then the booking engine identifies the best deal for you using those dates.

You then get to review of the booking details before you start entering credit card details.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    Have you tried getting your money back from your card issuer?

Isn't that only possible if the supplier doesn't give you what you paid for? Through the supplier's own fault.