They carried the programme IMO.

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Ann Matthews was all over the place
    It was as hammy as a ham sandwhich. Borderline Panto

Jane Danson was an incredible as ever. Her scenes in the next episode looks incredible. With the abuse plot coming up, Jane will easily be a dark horse for Best actress awards.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally was fabulous, I did like her scenes. Much better than Shelley Kings terrible screeching. :D
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. Jane Danson has stood out this week and I think Sally is great at showing the different sides to Jenny.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Mon - weds they did and agree they are both very good.

but I thought everyone involved were very good in tonights episode. it was such a marked contrast from last night. In fact I said Liz and sally were awful last night well tonight they made up for it in my eyes.

even the camera work was better and the effects were brilliant (even if i know how they did it thanks to the corrie facebook page)

I was holding my breath before the break and the most of the second half.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Sally Ann Matthews was fantastic. Just love 'er.

Jane Danson, along with everyone else who is normally great but seemed to phone it in a tad yesterday, actually bothered to turn up in tonight's ep. Much better all round. Glad Leanne is getting a chance to shine again, she's been a wasted character since the Peter split really.
  • Options
    JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think whoever plays/played Maddie was the best actor/actress tonight, not like there's much competition but still.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Jenny gets rehabilitated and returns, it will be pathetic if she gets written out despite having mental health issues over losing a child, yet Tracy will stay on despite causing a fire leading to the death of Kal (and presumably Maddie).
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Jenny gets rehabilitated and returns, it will be pathetic if she gets written out despite having mental health issues over losing a child, yet Tracy will stay on despite causing a fire leading to the death of Kal (and presumably Maddie).

I hope so, too, and that she and Kevin will be together again.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    Sally Ann Matthews was fantastic. Just love 'er.

Jane Danson, along with everyone else who is normally great but seemed to phone it in a tad yesterday, actually bothered to turn up in tonight's ep. Much better all round. Glad Leanne is getting a chance to shine again, she's been a wasted character since the Peter split really.

SallyAnn Matthews was awesome.
    I ran a full range of emotions - even feeling sorry for her at one point.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Both were very good. I saw a new Leanne. I'll miss Maddie if she dies. She has grown from a feral kid into a lovely young woman. I have a feeling the actress will go on to some good dramas.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson was absolutely fantastic as always, I am sure she will be brilliant in the upcoming aftermath and Simon's. So glad she is getting something decent to do.

Absolutely loved Sally Ann Matthew's performance, such a good actress, I really hope she stays on Corrie for the long term.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope Sally will be sticking around
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I agree. Jane Danson is always good and I really liked Sally Ann Matthews' scene with Amy Kelly.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Danson..Sally Ann Matthews and Amy Kelly were all fantastic tonight...We want more.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally stepped over the line to awful OTT panto soap crazy.
    Jane Danson is just massively overrated as always. She always strikes me as just a decent soao actress and nothing more. She would have moved on long ago if she was as great as some on here think she is.
  • Options
    MarcusjllMarcusjll Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same. She has the potential to be a good character. I think she's been the highlight of this week if I'm honest.
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    I think whoever plays/played Maddie was the best actor/actress tonight, not like there's much competition but still.

I thought the same. She has potential to do well outside of a soap.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    They need to keep hold of Sally Ann Matthews.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Special mention for David Platt his scene with Max made me all emosh.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shabba- wrote: »

I did think this scene was nice
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane did fantastic tonight, those scenes with Carla and Nick really did make my heart sink. Massive well done to Ali King too.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Shabba- wrote: »

I agree. Jack P. Shepherd can be very good. It's just a shame that the writing of Corrie has let down many of its fine actors.
  • Options
    craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst I have stopped watching Corrie completely, I did visit my parents last night and catch a bit of the episode, whilst most of it (IMO) was absolute drivel, there was a point where both me and my mum turned to my Dad and say (at exactly the same time) 'what an actress...she's great!' and that was in relation to Jane Danson. Love or loathe Leanne all we like but the actress once again is doing a phenomenal job!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane Danson has always been one of Corrie's few consistent actresses. and this storyline even continues to prove that. Poor Leanne. She really is Corrie's very own tragic heroine.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that Jenny's character will stay.

And Jane's brilliant acting will be called upon in