CS - Victoria Court is a very odd building

mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It has no sprinkler, no automatic door entry, an alarm that instead of waking the entire building, can't even be heard in the flat the fire's in.

Despite the top floor becoming consumed in a fire ball (sending burning debris in the conveniently located flammable material in the builders yard) with huge explosions and girders collapsing everywhere, apparently there is no structural damage!

Comments

• coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adding to that. Victoria Court has no CCTV also most likely.

Fact.
    No one in the UK has ever died as a result of a fire in a building with a working sprinkler system.

http://www.firesafe.org.uk/industrial-fire-sprinklers/
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was strange that Carla and Amy were the only residents of Victoria Court that night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    It was strange that Carla and Amy were the only residents of Victoria Court that night.

You seen people exit the building when Kevin etc were going up the stairs.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What really really annoys me is that everyone keeps saying 'we didn't see any other residents' when we clearly saw at least half a dozen.

People should actually start watching the programme instead of just sat slagging it off.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What really really annoys me is that everyone keeps saying 'we didn't see any other residents' when we clearly saw at least half a dozen.

People should actually start watching the programme instead of just sat slagging it off.

Totally agree. It was the same when people were asking "Why is Amy at Carla's?" when it had been clearly explained earlier in the episode. And again last night when someone said "How did Bethany not recognise Kylie?" when she did as we saw later in the episode. People seem to want to have a go for the sake of it most of the time.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Totally agree. It was the same when people were asking "Why is Amy at Carla's?" when it had been clearly explained earlier in the episode. And again last night when someone said "How did Bethany not recognise Kylie?" when she did as we saw later in the episode. People seem to want to have a go for the sake of it most of the time.

Shouldn't the question be "How did Bethany recognise Kylie" ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the question be "How did Bethany recognise Kylie" ?

No apparently not. She has surely seen photos of Kylie.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I saw people i didn't know at the entrance that I took to be residents of Victoria Court.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if she has (and I take your "surely" to mean you don't know whether she has) why would she associate the photo with a shadowy figure in a hood?
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people definetly need to watch it properly instead of slagging it off, like everyone was like why was there a random gas cannister. well if you open your eyes there was a bbq on the balcony...
  • MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares - it was a awful awful couple of programmes the pyrotechnics were good the script and whoever moves the actors was abysmal
  • fayemianfayemian Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The other residents seemed to be escaping some considerable time after they got Carla out admittedly. Didn't seem like anyone was in a rush to alert them!
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only 3 or 4 there were more names than that on the buzzing system outside.

Where did they go once outside? We didn't see them after that only the regular cast. Yet if my flat was on fire I wouldn't just leave the scene completely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Only 3 or 4 there were more names than that on the buzzing system outside.

Where did they go once outside? We didn't see them after that only the regular cast. Yet if my flat was on fire I wouldn't just leave the scene completely.

I've just rewatched some of the clips. There were 3 people who helped Leanne bring Carla out and then another couple who ran out of building I think. Then another 3 people were on the street in the background in a later scene. Then 3 people ran out when Kevin, Tim and Zeedan went into the building. Another 2 ran out whilst Liz was shouting at Carla. There are 3 people stood on the street behind Tracy when she arrives.

Later on there is someone being seen to in the background by paramedics as Carla and Amy are checked over. One person is stood in the background. In the crowd of people on the street as Maddie arrives there are 5 extras (I think, most faces obscured behind regular characters). There are 3 extras on the street in the background as Kal is dragged out of the building.

So basically it's a load of nonsense that there were no residents who escaped. Of course the main focus is going to be on the characters we know. Many people simply wouldn't have noticed the extras whilst focussing their attention on what was happening to the regular characters.
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought this when she said it was Kylie then I thought "surely Sarah saw pics of them on their wedding day which is where she saw Kylie" just cant wait to see Sarah V Kyle! but that's for a whole new Thread.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well either way this is only a minor thing, the episodes were full of problems, not least the embarrassing stuff with Beverley Callard smashing the crockery, absence of loads of regular cast including one character who was central to the build-up, and Leanne and Kal standing in the fire for ages trying to persuade a small girl to leave when they could've just lugged her over one of their shoulders and made for the door. Funny how Carla was half dead yet was in the fire less than Leanne and Kal who seemed to be breathing fine. The slowest descent down a ladder was silly too.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just rewatched some of the clips. There were 3 people who helped Leanne bring Carla out and then another couple who ran out of building I think. Then another 3 people were on the street in the background in a later scene. Then 3 people ran out when Kevin, Tim and Zeedan went into the building. Another 2 ran out whilst Liz was shouting at Carla. There are 3 people stood on the street behind Tracy when she arrives.

Later on there is someone being seen to in the background by paramedics as Carla and Amy are checked over. One person is stood in the background. In the crowd of people on the street as Maddie arrives there are 5 extras (I think, most faces obscured behind regular characters). There are 3 extras on the street in the background as Kal is dragged out of the building.

So basically it's a load of nonsense that there were no residents who escaped. Of course the main focus is going to be on the characters we know. Many people simply wouldn't have noticed the extras whilst focussing their attention on what was happening to the regular characters.

That is the answer, mystery solved.
  • Yorkshire SteveYorkshire Steve Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    The candle set fire to the lampshade, which in turn set fire to more soft furnishings etc. When I buy lampshades etc for my house they are all seem to be flame proof. Everything in that flat went up like it was soaked in petrol. And whilst I'm ranting on about it, why was there random gas bottle on the balcony? Did Carla have BBQ's out there? There were so many explosions, she must have has a stockpile of gas bottles in the flat.