Options

PSU question

Hey guys.

I need to replace a blown psu but im having problems finding a replacement.Its a AT 230 sn model with a 20 pin connector, ive had a look on ebay but i can only find ATX models with 20 pin connectors. could i use one of these instead or does it have to be a AT one.

Since ive just got myself a new p.c i wouldnt of even bothered looking for a new psu but i said my brother could have my old p.c. so that why i need to get it fixed.

If anyone can give me some advice and maybe link to any websites that sell what im looking for that would be great.

Cheers guys
Darren

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What make and model is the computer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try scan: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=33&Category=Power+Supply&Thumbnails=yes

Cheapest I found: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=141417

Best to call them and ask whether it is the right one for your motherboard...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jbeavon wrote:
    What make and model is the computer?

I cant remember at the moment and i cant check as its at my brothers place.I know the comp is at least 10 years old and the make of the psu is ATNG though.Also its a Pentium 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaccob wrote:
    I cant remember at the moment and i cant check as its at my brothers place.I know the comp is at least 10 years old and the make of the psu is ATNG though.Also its a Pentium 2.
    It's likely that it requires an AT power supply then. Might be hard to come by these days, unless you happen to have a local computer shop which has some hidden away in the back room. might be worth asking them!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought is was a AT psu i was looking for but as you pointed out, there not that easy to come by, i had a look on ebay and only found 4 matching items but they were all the wrong wattage and had the 6 pin AUX connectors.

Which actually leads me to another question, ive just remembered that i have a spare 300 watt AT psu but with the 6 pin connectors, is there any adapter available, that i can use to convert this into a 20 pin connector?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaccob wrote:
    I thought is was a AT psu i was looking for but as you pointed out, there not that easy to come by, i had a look on ebay and only found 4 matching items but they were all the wrong wattage and had the 6 pin AUX connectors.

Which actually leads me to another question, ive just remembered that i have a spare 300 watt AT psu but with the 6 pin connectors, is there any adapter available, that i can use to convert this into a 20 pin connector?
    If it's a 20 pin connector, then it must have an ATX style motherboard connector on it. If there isn't an ATX power switch jumper on the board you may be in trouble though.

Although I have a feeling that maplins still sell switched ATX power supplies, which is likely what you need!