TransCash payment?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello all.
I need to pay a bill using a Transcash payment slip but im unsure if my local Post Office will take it?After a quick google search ive found that the P.O accept Giro Trancash payments but the slip i have doesnt say Giro on it,it just has the company ref number and credit account number.

This isnt an urgent problem as the payments not due yet but i wanted to pay it before xmas so it was out of the way.

Any advice would be great.
Cheers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    i am not sure, but Paypoint might accept it at your local shop
  • LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    If you look under the box where you write in the amount you are paying it will say something along the lines of 'standard fee payable at p.o' or 'no fee at p.o' which indicates it can be paid there. You may have to pay a £2.35 fee if it says standard fee. It used to be if it said transcash on it you could pay it at the P.O.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lila wrote: »
    If you look under the box where you write in the amount you are paying it will say something along the lines of 'standard fee payable at p.o' or 'no fee at p.o' which indicates it can be paid there. You may have to pay a £2.35 fee if it says standard fee. It used to be if it said transcash on it you could pay it at the P.O.

Thanks,i'll try my luck at the P.O today.
  • matrixladmatrixlad Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Avoid transcash like the plague
    They are the slowest and most unreliable service ever.

why dont u pay the bill by another method?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    matrixlad wrote: »
    why dont u pay the bill by another method?

Its my intention to set up a direct debt but i didnt trust the forms getting to where they needed to be during the xmas post rush,so i paid using the transcash thing today so i knew it was paid.

Cheers