Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a-ha!! just saw this as well in the katy perry as 4th judge thread...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness!

No more "Yo' brang it dawwn!"
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, we all knew this was coming a mile off!
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She hasn't quit what is wrong with people

This is No OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION

It's nothing new we don't know already, they're saying its' extremely unlikely she'll return which is true

But she hasn't confirmed anything officially via twitter, neither have X Factor. Breaking News would be if they officially confirmed she left. What nonsense. The paper just re wrote the story with sources saying what they want to say and all of a sudden people are saying she quit. She might have, but that article has no substance.
  • clare32clare32 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't quit what is wrong with people

This is No OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION

It's nothing new we don't know already, they're saying its' extremely unlikely she'll return which is true

But she hasn't confirmed anything officially via twitter, neither have X Factor. Breaking News would be if they officially confirmed she left. What nonsense. The paper just re wrote the story with sources saying what they want to say and all of a sudden people are saying she quit. She might have, but that article has no substance.

True, sure last year kelly was the last one to sign her contract days before the auditions. So i will wait until offiical confirmation of judges and anyway its nothing ive havent read before, also its common knowledge that the daily mail isnt a fan of Kelly and would be happy to see her off x factor for good. I read a similar daily mail article which says the same thing.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but sometimes, these celebs and their pr also "leak" info to the press to get the public ready for when the official announcement is made...
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    The sun is shining and we have blue skies and as if that is not enough I am doing cartwheels at the news that Kelly is not coming back to the X Factor....hip pip and all that:D:D:D

Note to Simon: NO MORE AMERICANS ON THE JUDGING PANEL.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    but sometimes, these celebs and their pr also "leak" info to the press to get the public ready for when the official announcement is made...

True
    but it's not BREAKING NEWS -Kelly has quit yet
    It should be
    Sources hint Kelly will quit (or along those lines).
  • JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this is true :D
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly has bigger and better fish to fry. She had to turn down several projects and album promotion to do this lame ass show only to have folk try to paint her a diva and someone that would lie about being ill and sit that rank bitch tulisa beside her. **** XFUK. Of course she was going to quit... noway in hell was she going to be "axed".
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm sad to see her go, although it will be a relief to be spared the xenephobic posters/ borderline racists who loved to criticise her for talking like a Black Woman from the South of the USA.
  • MissRightMissRight Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I'm sad to see her go, although it will be a relief to be spared the xenephobic posters/ borderline racists who loved to criticise her for talking like a Black Woman from the South of the USA.
    Very well said, judging by some comments from posters like Jackbell etc, some of these posters seem to have issues
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissRight wrote: »
    Very well said, judging by some comments from posters like Jackbell etc, some of these posters seem to have issues

I don't think the issue many people had with Kelly's turn of phrase had anything to do with where she was from - it was that she more often than not used it when she couldn't be bothered to give proper critique. Just lazy, lazy fulfilment of her role. That's the issue I had with her, personally.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    Hope this is true so that we get someone who doesn't cry every five minutes. :rolleyes: She was a joke and I hated the way she refused to send one of her acts home when she was ill.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I don't think the issue many people had with Kelly's turn of phrase had anything to do with where she was from - it was that she more often than not used it when she couldn't be bothered to give proper critique. Just lazy, lazy fulfilment of her role. That's the issue I had with her, personally.

Exactly right.
    Forum Member
    I think there is a certain small mindedness, anti-American sentiment from some, as there was last year.

It's a sad fact that Britain is all too tolerant of anti-American sentiments, when they wouldn't be of other countries.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there is a certain small mindedness, anti-American sentiment from some, as there was last year.

It's a sad fact that Britain is all too tolerant of anti-American sentiments, when they wouldn't be of other countries.

I also think some people see anti-American sentiment where there is none. Certainly not from this quarter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member

Katy Perry is American too, and I for one think she'd be fantastic.

People don't want Kelly to leave because she's American. They want her to leave because she's not very good.
    Forum Member
    anactoria wrote: »
    Katy Perry is American too, and I for one think she'd be fantastic.

People don't want Kelly to leave because she's American. They want her to leave because she's not very good.

I disagree- it was obvious last year through the constant references to her accent, her turn of phrase, her demeanour that people had a problem with her culturally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I disagree- it was obvious last year through the constant references to her accent, her turn of phrase, her demeanour that people had a problem with her culturally.

I don't think I saw anyone complain about the fact she has an accent. As _elly001 points out, it was more the fact that she seemed to deploy the accent/dialect in place of actually responding to performances - phoning it in, etc. She also used her 'culture' as an excuse for blatantly reading from a script ('g-father'? really?)

I liked her in the audition rounds, as did most of her other critics AFAIK, but she seemed to completely lose the point of the show when it came to the lives; she was patronising and dismissive of Louis and Tulisa, and she seemed to have little interest in the pantomime elements of TXF. (Which is fine, but she shouldn't have agreed to be a judge if she wasn't willing to play along.)
  • ShellmanShellman Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly has bigger and better fish to fry. She had to turn down several projects and album promotion to do this lame ass show only to have folk try to paint her a diva and someone that would lie about being ill and sit that rank bitch tulisa beside her. **** XFUK. Of course she was going to quit... noway in hell was she going to be "axed".

Stand Back!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I liked Kelly. That said, I won't be gutted if she doesn't return. She's far too good for such a farce of a show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Kelly was crap anyway IMO. Katy Perry would seem like a good addition but she was only good last time at the auditions, like Kelly.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Thank God that Kelly is not returning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Maybe he'l bring in paula?