Corrie Casts for linda Armstrong

2»

Comments

• Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Is Georgia May Foote leaving before Jacqueline Leonard's character shows up ?

It lessens the impact of the storyline if Katy isn't there when Linda shows up ?
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,178
    Forum Member
    I don't quite know how i missed this earlier.

Good casting, other than the rather annoying way she used to chant 'Joe' in EE, i think she is rather a good actress and can play nice but also flighty and manipulative.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was also great in Doctors many years ago (showing my age now!!) and I believe she may have been in River City, too.
    Forum Member
    She was good in Eastenders too (all jokes about her accent aside ) and it would have been nice if she had gone back there with Ross Kemp returning . Maybe she still can if this Corrie role isn't for very long.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I remember she was up for the role of Stella Price, so it's second time lucky for her
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanz01 wrote: »
    Is Georgia May Foote leaving before Jacqueline Leonard's character shows up ?

It lessens the impact of the storyline if Katy isn't there when Linda shows up ?

I reckon Katy will probably depart with her. She'll realise how dead end her life in Weatherfield is and will go.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So are we to wonder now if Owen is going to two time the Windass fish wife with the mother of his children? Is this so Katie can leave and Owen and Anna are split up?

Either way, there is no excuse big enough to leave your children - especially one who is disabled - for that huge amount of time and then reappear begging for forgiveness, why now? Ran out of money? I don't like the character already and I think she is an annoying actress haha
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The usual actors soap hopping. What about giving an unknown a chance, instead of the same old faces plonked into various characters. I am looking forward to Mrs Armstrong arriving as it means she will be taking her dull and pointless daughter Katie away with her. Hurrah
    Forum Member
    Corrie boss Blackburn said: “Katy will not be killed off. We wish Georgia every success with her future career. ”

Her agent Dawn Green said: “She is an aspiring actress. Like all actresses they want to go to Hollywood.

"But realistically she can’t until she is available and that will be January or February.

That was in the Daily Mirror .The Daily Fail said in another article that Georgia May Foote had finished filming .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Georgia is a model now with Select this was back in October, don't know anything about her going to Hollywood
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Owen's wife was supposed to have died when the girls were young and that's why he had to bring them up on his own?
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God she was awful in EE.
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Owen (Ian Pulson Davies) is going but he is a well establlshed actor so will have no problem getting other roles. Anna needs to go as well, her sing song voice and hanging down lank hair in a cafe are crimes in themselves. She has had her time now.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was supposed to lead to Katy's departure. I read somewhere that Georgia films her final scenes in February.

Owen's departure has only been announced recently so I don't think we know anything about the circumstances yet.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Someone else for Anna to look down her nose at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Owen leaves the fish wife then who is there for her to date? I would be very unsure about how rock solid Sally and Tim are in the hands of Blackburn when the fish wife becomes single again
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll probably end up pairing Anna with Kevin. There are no othet eligible bachelors around.
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    Spoiler pictures of Jacqueline Leonard's first appearance

http://go.dspy.me/h6x9

Also Georgia May Foote interview about Katie's exit

http://www.*******************/tv/coronation-streets-georgia-may-foote-quit-katy-armstrong-will-ever-return/