Options

Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour (Album Thread)

LMLM Posts: 63,505
Forum Member
✭✭
Sam presents his debut album which is due out tomorrow. The album features La La La, Money on my mind and current single, Stay With Me

I am really impressed with what I am hearing from the album at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him. Think he's fantastic. Does anyone know how Leave Your Lover had managed to get to number 1 in the U.S though? It's on the album but the album isn't out yet. Is it a US only single? It's fantastic by the way! I can't wait until tomorrow to get the whole album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to get the album too! I love all of the songs that I've heard so far and his voice is amazing. :)
  • Options
    auron87auron87 Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been listening to this a fair bit today, really really like 'I'm not the only one'.

Impressed by the rest of the album too!
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auron87 wrote: »
    Been listening to this a fair bit today, really really like 'I'm not the only one'.

Impressed by the rest of the album too!

Yesss 'I'm Not The Only One' is an incredible song. It should be the next single.

This album is just as fantastic as I expected it to be. His voice is just pure gold. My favourites are I'm Not The Only One, Restart, Reminds Me Of You, Like I Can and I've Told You Now.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I haven't heard anything aside from the singles but I like what I've heard so far.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he has one of the best voices of any male vocalist currently releasing records. Really outstanding. Looking forward to getting the album.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressive album
    Can't remember the last time i have liked a new british male artist so much. Perhaps not since James Morrison.

He deserves all the success he has coming
    The US will like him as well i reckon.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    3 songs in the US iTunes top 50 ....
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new song, Money On My mind is a bit dull though. Won't hear the album until it's on streaming sights which from what I hear won't be to July
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's incredible. His voice is amazing. The album is very consistent as well. There's no filler on the album. I think any track could be a single, however I really want Like I Can or I'm Not The Only One.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been listening to this literally non stop. My favs are:

Stay With Me
    Leave Your Lover
    I'm Not The Only One
    I've Told You Now
    Like I Can
    Life Support
    Lay ,Me Down