Options

What is it with cats and Dreamies?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cats don't like any form of cat treats. They have one or two then that's it. They're funny little boys
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Charlie loves them, and the way he perks up when he hears the packet is wonderful to see. We ration them carefully on the basis that something so good must be bad for him!
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    my cat doesnt like dry food really. ive never given her dreamies. her food is either butchers or sainsburys own which she loves. we tried giving her felix once despite looking like the felix cat she hardly touched it. takes after us , doesnt like paying for the brand. clever kitty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my koppa loves them but dotty only likes webbox sticks
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    We have christened them 'Cat Crack' in our household.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Fefster, so have we! :) All four of my girls love the chicken Dreamies; they won't entertain any of the other flavours. I can't give them the Whiskas treats because the Whiskas cat food itself upsets their stomachs - all four of them - so I don't want to try the treats.

All four of mine are fussy eaters in one way or another (one would rather starve if the plate's moved position in the kitchen, and so on) so I was surprised to see them all practically do circus tricks to get at the same flavour of Dreamies. :D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought Spartacus some Dreamies from Poundland. He loves them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine won't go near them.

Mine neither.

I ate one once and I'm surprised bacteria even goes near them. tbh :p
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat LOVES them. She also quite likes Felix treats but I reckon not as much.

Why do they like them so much?

Does your cat love/ hate them?

My cat adores them, bless her.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    :(

Judging by the number of Dreamies like lookie- likies there are in Pet Stores and also the Main Supermarkets own brand versions....the Man has worked out a new way to part us from our cash! Cats love catnip and yeast, AKA Vitamin B.....which in Dreamies is present as D3 and B2 which is good for their coats. BUT what are these other ingredients added:

5283 IU; 583 IU; Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate; Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate; Potassium Iodide and Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate.......all these in a cat "treat"?!?

My cat was never a wet food lover, and I use them as a supplement with his normal dried food, but he is exhibiting signs of addiction, he knows where I store them and sits by the cupboard waiting for some, and he comes back after his night time adventures and pesters me awake until I give him some.....I'm over indulgent in any case....but I would like to know what those additives are...don't think they would deliberately concoct anything harmful .....or would they?
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mine loves them too

in fact, I would go so far as to say she was addicted to Dreamies!

she is terrible for them, yowling until she gets them - and of course I give in just to shut her up!

I have no idea what they put in them to make them so addictive - I dread to think actually
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 3 love them, they also like Thomas treats. One of them absolutely loves the webbox sticks, she eats a whole one in a couple if seconds.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    We have christened them 'Cat Crack' in our household.

Haha that's exactly what I call the webbox sticks that one of my girls love.