ok out on a limb here but

mousymousy Posts: 926
Forum Member
✭✭
Was anyone else NOT keen on the Amy character?

Im hoping she grows on me as we get to know her better but I just didnt like her (as an adult)

Comments

• 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,577
    Forum Member
    I loved her as a child, but as an adult she grated on me a little, but then again so did Rose and Martha.

I am sure I will warm to her as the series goes on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I remember my overall sense of dread when I heard that Catherine Tate, was to become the companion as 'Donna' in series 4. I was almost wishing that Martha would return then, even Jo, Peri anyone but Donna. But, the charachter shifted, she was not the loud Billingsgate Market FisherWife, she was softer more humane and empathetic. She still had her rough edges......

So, what I am trying to say is, give the character a chance to develop. In Amy as a character, remember she was let down by her aunt, let down by a mysterious Doctor, who said he'd return in 5 mins, then to return in 12 years, then he goes off again to return a further 2 years later. No wonder she's a little cool.

It will take awhile to bed in the characters.
  • mousymousy Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes I agree, Im hoping she grows on me

I think Im going to like river song you know. Im a little tired of the "slightly damaged ,weak, no direction in life, loser style female being "rescued" and made a better person by the handsome prince/Doctor" theme now.

I would like female companions to be painted as something more than waiting for their prince to come and rescue them.
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the old Amy, (not as an actress, but character) - but will give her a chance for the rest of the series.