Aww what a brave man - good audition?

woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
Forum Member
✭✭
Just watched this audition from the OZ X Factor, this poor man auditioning who lost half his tongue through cancer. So emotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9YZs3F1PZk

Comments

• SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodlands wrote: »
    Just watched this audition from the OZ X Factor, this poor man auditioning who lost half his tongue through cancer. So emotional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9YZs3F1PZk

When it comes to sob stories, the aussies take the biscuit with this.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That was really emotional :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emotional, but he has one problem, the removed tongue disturbs his diction. He has a nice tone to his voice but you can hear, that theres something wrong in his mouth.
    I think he is more put through on the basis of that story.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Oh bless him. What a shame, his voice is really soulful and rich too.

I'm not a fan of sob stories getting people through but you can't help but be touched by this guy for being a fighter :)

I'd have put him through too :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would definitely have put him through. He would probably be the most committed contestant they'll get!

And can I just say how ridey RK is looking?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    given that it was rather creully Ronan that had to make the final decision yes prehaps it was the story that swayed him !

yes his diction was impaired, i think that was what Guy was refering to when he said there were limitations, but i've heard people with a whole lot worse, and with speech threapy his diction will improve and singing may even help.

given he was told it would take 4 years to talk to that level and he'd never sing, that just 18 months later he's auditioning in front of tv cameras, is amazing
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing singer
    Diction on that matter lot of ''singers'' I can not hear all the words clearly and mishear what been said
    Lest with Karl I can hear the words and he a very good singer hope he will go far
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I cried, too.
    He has a good voice, and to have worked so hard to recover so much sooner than expected shows determination and dedication.

I admire him. A LOT.