Doctor Who: Episode 13 title...

13»

Comments

• TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    sorry getting carried away:D

maybe someone can start a thread on The Wedding of River Song, the what ifs, so we can all discuss what kind of wedding it may or not be. :D

Let's think outside the box. Does the word "wedding" mean anything else?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, if you become a nun you get to have a "wedding" as you are initiated unto God. Maybe it's about her joining a sect and getting initiated into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Well, if you become a nun you get to have a "wedding" as you are initiated unto God. Maybe it's about her joining a sect and getting initiated into it.

Good thinking.
    Actually, maybe that's why she's wearing an eyepatch in the trailer. It could be some kind of secret Madame Kovarian cult.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to a lovely wedding with a pretty dress.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good thinking.
    Actually, maybe that's why she's wearing an eyepatch in the trailer. It could be some kind of secret Madame Kovarian cult.

But that could suggest that she's actually been the last two series' big bad? How would viewers respond to that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would still like it to be a wedding in the proper sense, maybe it wasn't a proper one the first time so they have to do it properly this time.:D

maybe at weddings the ladies wear an eye patch.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But that could suggest that she's actually been the last two series' big bad? How would viewers respond to that?

Moffat would love the public shock and outrage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat would love the public shock and outrage.
    he would be a bit of a trickster to do that:D but I have had my suspicions about River for a while. Talking of weddings, what about that wedding that was not was in Sarah Jane, that was called The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wedding_of_Sarah_Jane_Smith
  • AndiCAndiC Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    ...is said to have five words in it according to DWM.

So what do you think those five words may be?

I'm going for
    "Till Death Do Us Part"
    for reasons I won't post at the minute. The first part is obvious though...

perhaps Alf Garnett could be in it :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how intriguing the titles are for Series 6....i mean The Wedding Of River Song....it is still so ambiguous! Maybe it is then we will find out The Doctors name??

But i like that initiation kinda idea too and the concept of a Madame Kovarian cult! intriguing.

But i still think Lets Kill Hitler is the most fantastic title an episode has ever had! That will be on my mind and i think a load of fans minds forever IMO! :cool:
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

It can mean the bringing together of two objects (or even abstract concepts) into a close union - you can wed two pieces of wood (glued or jointed) for example.

Could the title - The Wedding of River Song - mean anything else?

It almost screams - this is not about River's matrimonal wedding. For a start, you can't have a "wedding" of one person. You could say "River Song's Wedding" - indicating that it "belongs" to her without excluding co-ownership - but weddings - marriages - are not describes with a single name. (Yes, I know it's just a TV show title and logic needn't apply etc etc)

However - you might have a wedding "OF" one person - if that person was "split" - say into a good and bad version - and the two parts needed to be combined - "wed" - to create/re-create the whole person.

This is (part of) what I wrote in another thread a few weeks ago...

"One thing that may come into play is that River Song is still almost entirely an unknown character. With so many twists and turns, I wouldn't even bank on her definitely being the grown-up Melody. I certainly wouldn't put too much money on her being a good guy just yet. If nothing else, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Alex Kingston playing two versions of the same character - one good and one bad.

I rather like the idea that the real bad-guy - the "big bad" - is actually Melody Pond herself and that River Song is a fake or maybe an alternative version or copy (that would be a laugh) of Melody trying to save herself from becoming "evil". Given the way Amy was kept locked up an unaware of her true situation, she may even have had twins and the big twist is that we've been seeing two different "Rivers" all along - and that's the real reason why she and the Doctor suddenly "needed" to synchronise their entirely personal diaries - an odd thing for people to do.

I can imagine a story where Melody (or Melody 2) blames the Doctor for her problems - perhaps the death of her parents or perhaps that Time Lord DNA affects her in other ways that cause her grief or just send her batty - and she is torturing him with all these "games". That would give some interesting openings for "removing" the baby from the story at the end of the series without the obvious emotional elements for the parents (and viewers).
    "
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1508853 - post #12

I ended up calling the "other" River - "Harmony Pond".

It was just an off-the-cuff idea that stemmed from a completely different question - but it might fit with the notion of a "wedding".
  • ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    shurly the only reson the dr could tell her his name would be if they were married so i think the weeeding of river song is the dr and river as it would say something like this do you take the ________ (doctors name) to be you husbernd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shurly the only reson the dr could tell her his name would be if they were married so i think the weeeding of river song is the dr and river as it would say something like this do you take the ________ (doctors name) to be you husbernd

Did River not learn the Doctor's name by reading the Gallifreyan on his cot?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Did River not learn the Doctor's name by reading the Gallifreyan on his cot?

Possibly but we don't know if she didn't know it earlier in her personal timeline.

Even if there is a River/Doctor wedding, just going by the episode title no spoilers, I doubt we will ever know his name. I'm sure Moffat will find a way round that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly but we don't know if she didn't know it earlier in her personal timeline.

Even if there is a River/Doctor wedding, just going by the episode title no spoilers, I doubt we will ever know his name. I'm sure Moffat will find a way round that.

I personally think we will not see River and Doctor marry. It just isn't necessary for them to do so. I love minky's theory in an above post and it makes perfect sense. Of course, River could also learn The Doctors name at his funeral so maybe she attended his funeral in the very far distant future. After all he met her in the past while she met him in the future. This is something we are unlikely to see though.

What is certain, is, like "The Doctors Wife", the episode is unlikely to be as straightforward as the title suggests.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think we will not see River and Doctor marry. It just isn't necessary for them to do so. I love minky's theory in an above post and it makes perfect sense. Of course, River could also learn The Doctors name at his funeral so maybe she attended his funeral in the very far distant future. After all he met her in the past while she met him in the future. This is something we are unlikely to see though.

What is certain, is, like "The Doctors Wife", the episode is unlikely to be as straightforward as the title suggests.

Indeed
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member

...and "The Doctor's Daughter", "The Last of the Time Lords" and - dare I say it - "Let's Kill Hitler" - along with just about every third title since DW began.