Options

Can gay couples with children influence the child's sexuality?

Comments

• Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I always suspected... It's Cher that makes people gay.

HA! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't do anything to change sexuality. Nothing. It's just *there*.
  • Options
    Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it. Most people are tolerant these days and the ***** who are homophobic are just ***** and not important anyway.

What has that got to do with you coming to my place? Or you are not into guys? ;)
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I invited her not you.

But I thought you wanted to know if it was just there or you could become it so know that you would have to try both ways
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    What has that got to do with you coming to my place? Or you are not into guys? ;)

I suspect that isn't the deciding factor. Just a hunch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hush, you two, you're doing my reputation no good at all. :p

You say that like your reputation could get any worse :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    You know the answer to this question so why ask it?

The guy in Saudi is obviously just as gay as the one in the UK only he must conceal it and conform or face persecution and even violence and death.

Sadly he will probably be unhappy and frustrated for most of his life if he doesn't act on his feelings and attractions.

No need to get so defensive. I have my opinion but I am open to other peoples thoughts.

As for the kids in Saudi I doubt most would be unhappy and frustrated as many would be none the wiser. If anything the people who are mostly unhappy and frustrated we in the West. lets face it kids have too much too soon (I don't material things ) and are a law unto themselves.

You wonder why we have the highest teen suicide rates? Why kids in the west self harm unlike parts of the world? Why depression in kids and indeed adults is mostly common in the west and not other areas?

The answer lies somewhere between the child's upbringing and society.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous question.

One of my friends is black and she was adopted by a white couple in 1972 when she was a year old. Guess what ? She's still black... but by your suggestion, she could have chosen to be white.

You cannot choose your sexuality. You can only choose whether to act upon it or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to get so defensive. I have my opinion but I am open to other peoples thoughts.

As for the kids in Saudi I doubt most would be unhappy and frustrated as many would be none the wiser. If anything the people who are mostly unhappy and frustrated we in the West. lets face it kids have too much too soon (I don't material things ) and are a law unto themselves.

You wonder why we have the highest teen suicide rates? Why kids in the west self harm unlike parts of the world? Why depression in kids and indeed adults is mostly common in the west and not other areas?

I think you are confusing cause and effect. As for depression I would say it is just as prevalent in every society its just we recognise it
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member

Everything. You didn't answer the question. If you were straight, you would have. Therefore, I conclude you are gay.

Why are you winking at me?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everything. You didn't answer the question. If you were straight, you would have. Therefore, I conclude you are gay.

Why are you winking at me?

Hahaha so let me get this right because I did not go all defensive that I was straight therefore I must be gay? :D

Don't show yourself up please, anyway too late! But anyway the offer still stands you can come down to my place.

Another wink must seduce you ;)
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Hahaha so let me get this right because I did not go all defensive that I was straight therefore I must be gay? :D

Don't show yourself up please, anyway too late! But anyway the offer still stands you can come down to my place.

No, not defensive.

Reticent.

It's not me who is being shown up, but the concern is touching.

And no, no amount of winking will work.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take for instance Elton John and his partner. Do you think their child growing up would or could be influenced to be in a gay relationship?

Thoughts please

If parental sexual orientation influenced a child's, then why do the majority of gay people have straight parents?
  • Options
    Forum Member

How do you figure they would be 'none the wiser'? People know what their own sexuality is - it isn't hard to work out. All those kids can learn is that acting upon their sexuality is really really dangerous.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you cleared it with your parents first?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just threw up a bit in my mouth *shudders*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    I just threw up a bit in my mouth *shudders*

I know, if I needed something to define 'inappropriate', that would be it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And no, no amount of winking will work.

He may have to try something that sounds like it then
  • Options
    davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071210094541.htm

Nature rather than nurture if we follow what happens to fruit flies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    I know, if I needed something to define 'inappropriate', that would be it.

Its times like this I kind of regret learning to read
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a ridiculous question.

One of my friends is black and she was adopted by a white couple in 1972 when she was a year old. Guess what ? She's still black... but by your suggestion, she could have chosen to be white.

You cannot choose your sexuality. You can only choose whether to act upon it or not.

Another person who compare race to sexuality ---I did not want to but I have to
    >:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is the difference? You can't control sexuality, you can't control race, seems like a good parallel to me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder when the people who think you can control it sat down and chose to be straight if sexuality is indeed a choice then there must have been a point in their life when they sat down thought about all the possibilities and chose to be straight
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You can't choose your sexuality any more than you can choose your race. If you don't understand that then there isn't really much hope for you, is there ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    What is the difference? You can't control sexuality, you can't control race, seems like a good parallel to me

In some ways, certainly.

But the big difference of course is one can potentially be concealed and the other cannot.

You can't dodge racist prejudice because you can't change your skin colour.

You can pretend to be straight to avoid homophobia.