Can't stand the melodramatic tears whenever it's 'letters from home

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
Ugh!

You're seeing them in a few days. They know exactly where you are and can see you. They are probably glad for the break from your unbridled ego and desperate attention-seeking.

The tears are fake. They know this is the part where they can amass huge sympathy. I've seen more convincing emoticons :cry::cry:

Comments

• BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D @ "I've seen more convincing emoticons."

It's a bit ridiculous on the CBB one, that's for sure. But then, they're a needy lot.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. It always annoys me whatever series of BB is on, but surely on
    CBB many "celebs" are away from their family for much longer than 4 weeks.?

"Shred shred shred"
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They overreact to these letters from home every time.
  • eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. It always annoys me whatever series of BB is on, but surely on

"Shred shred shred"

I also completely agree.

The other thing that always confuses me is the desperation for alcohol and junk food.

Surely, when you're at work (which is effectively what it is for HMs) you would exercise restraint even if you were craving something.

Thank God they're not on the front-line for months on end.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    eva_prior wrote: »
    I also completely agree.

The other thing that always confuses me is the desperation for alcohol and junk food.

Surely, when you're at work (which is effectively what it is for HMs) you would exercise restraint even if you were craving something.

Thank God they're not on the front-line for months on end.

It's boredom, they have nothing to relieve it but the odd task BB gives them to do, no books, no pencils to draw with etc, not even a ball.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    It's boredom, they have nothing to relieve it but the odd task BB gives them to do, no books, no pencils to draw with etc, not even a ball.

But that sometimes happens at work for a lot of people. You still exercise restraint.

Plus you could easily make a ball with a stuffed sock if you were that bored, and spend loads of time in the pool etc. you could even make a chess/draughts set with cooking implements and personal objects to stave off boredom.

I'm sure there'd be plenty of other past-times that would be constructive plus mellow to while away the hours.

I'm still struggling to understand it.
    Forum Member
    But that sometimes happens at work for a lot of people. You still exercise restraint.

You are not surrounded by the same walls and people 24/7 at work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are not surrounded by the same walls and people 24/7 at work.

But they have the garden to escape from the walls.

For me, if I was that desperate to have gone through the selection processes and secured a place, I'd exercise total restraint with a focus on the end game in mind. I would count down the days, and remember that when I am out, I'll be free to max out to my heart's content!!

For CBB contestants, some have so much at stake in terms of relaunching their careers. Why would anyone compromise that for a drink or junk food, which will be available aplenty when the show ends?
    Forum Member
    But they have the garden to escape from the walls.

For me, if I was that desperate to have gone through the selection processes and secured a place, I'd exercise total restraint with a focus on the end game in mind. I would count down the days, and remember that when I am out, I'll be free to max out to my heart's content!!

For CBB contestants, some have so much at stake in terms of relaunching their careers. Why would anyone compromise that for a drink or junk food, which will be available aplenty when the show ends?

The calibre of CBB contestants are just looking for more reality work and play on the outrageous behaviour. The USA ones know they can go home and it will not have any repercussions as it will never be seen back home or forgotten quickly by the few that have heard about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The calibre of CBB contestants are just looking for more reality work and play on the outrageous behaviour. The USA ones know they can go home and it will not have any repercussions as it will never be seen back home or forgotten quickly by the few that have heard about it.

How is stuffing your face and drooling over choccies and biccies or pizzas etc. outrageous?

What about the civvies - after months of jumping through hoops, and with the potential for £100k for approx 3 months work?

It still never adds up for me.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

Plus you could easily make a ball with a stuffed sock if you were that bored, and spend loads of time in the pool etc. you could even make a chess/draughts set with cooking implements and personal objects to stave off boredom.

I'm sure there'd be plenty of other past-times that would be constructive plus mellow to while away the hours.

I'm still struggling to understand it.

i remember the girl in the very first series knitted her eviction outfit during her stay...can't remember her name though :blush: short hair, liked to get naked and instigated the let's all take our clothes off and do body painting thing,,,,,
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    i remember the girl in the very first series knitted her eviction outfit during her stay...can't remember her name though :blush: short hair, liked to get naked and instigated the let's all take out clothes off and do body painting thing,,,,,

Nicola?

That's when they were allowed books, knitting. guitars etc, they are not now.
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicola?

Now they're only allowed the internet, feedback from viewers, evicted housemates returning, phone calls from home, family visits - it's got much harsher, lol.
    Forum Member
    Nicola?

YES!!!! thanks Dome it's been driving me crazy what her name is!!!! thanks so much....
    Achtung wrote: »
    Now they're only allowed the internet, feedback from viewers, evicted housemates returning, phone calls from home, family visits - it's got much harsher, lol.
    :D:D:D
    have to say i'd rather they let them have knitting needles and a guitar!
    Forum Member
    Achtung wrote: »

It is when it comes to an activity, the former just adds to the conflict and rows which is the producers/editors more favoured veiwing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES!!!! thanks Dome it's been driving me crazy what her name is!!!! thanks so much....

I'm glad you got an informed response. The only ones I remember from BB1 are Nick, Mel, Craig, and Marjorie!

My kids were much younger then, so I could only give it very occasional and cursory attention.
    Forum Member
    I'm glad you got an informed response. The only ones I remember from BB1 are Nick, Mel, Craig, and Marjorie!

My kids were much younger then, so I could only give it occasional and cursory attention.

i was posting about marjorie yesterday when there were a lot of threads about cocks....
  • bradvillabradvilla Posts: 7,288
    Forum Member

"Shred shred shred"

even if they are its different to this as they would still be in contact with them most if not every day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was posting about marjorie yesterday when there were a lot of threads about cocks....

I must have missed those threads somehow - I was too busy bashing HMs yesterday!!
  • rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, i can see Lauren and Ricci struggling with no books, pencils or balls (apart from Garys of course) :)

Completely agree with you OP, i also hate the slushy mood music they play when all the letter stuff is going on. It's pass the sick bucket time for me.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    To be fair, if they just appeared moderately pleased to get a letter, like any normal person, they wouldn't get much airtime. :cry:
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »
    Yes, i can see Lauren and Ricci struggling with no books, pencils or balls (apart from Garys of course) :)

Completely agree with you OP, i also hate the slushy mood music they play when all the letter stuff is going on. It's pass the sick bucket time for me.

my theory is Ricci is a great raconteur and wit who has been edited to look dull; as a highly respected academic in the field of medieval literature it is killing him not to be surrounded by his beloved books....all we see are the edited shots of his anguish as he contemplates a manuscript by paracelcus that he is desperate to see to confirm his theory of the spread of tria primaism and the practice of holistic medicine....he's a tortured soul....
  • rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my theory is Ricci is a great raconteur and wit who has been edited to look dull; as a highly respected academic in the field of medieval literature it is killing him not to be surrounded by his beloved books....all we see are the edited shots of his anguish as he contemplates a manuscript by paracelcus that he is desperate to see to confirm his theory of the spread of tria primaism and the practice holistic medicine....he's a tortured soul....

Flipping LOL :D:D

However, i shall force myself to study Ricci a little more keenly tonight, just in case you are not jesting. If you don't hear from me again it's likely i will either have died from utter boredom or burst into spontaneous human combustion should you be proven right.
    Off to buy some penguin biscuits now for what could be my final meal. :cry:
  • benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do we need letters from home 3 days before the final >:( AAH IT'S SO EMBARRASSING
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »
    Flipping LOL :D:D

However, i shall force myself to study Ricci a little more keenly tonight, just in case you are not jesting. If you don't hear from me again it's likely i will either have died from utter boredom or burst into spontaneous human combustion should you be proven right.
    Off to buy some penguin biscuits now for what could be my final meal. :cry:

oh no i feel awful now, don't force yourself to study Ricci no deserves such torture!!!!
    mmm penguins.....one of the other posters recommended Racer bars and now i have a severe addiction :(