Ms Marvel

HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
Forum Member
Ok, I know this should maybe be in Movies, but it's your opinions as comics readers I'm looking for. Who do you think should play Captain (Ms) Marvel in the new movie? Or what general look/costume/style do you think they should use?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Ok, I know this should maybe be in Movies, but it's your opinions as comics readers I'm looking for. Who do you think should play Captain (Ms) Marvel in the new movie? Or what general look/costume/style do you think they should use?
    Emily Blunt, Natalie Dormer or Alexandra Daddario. I suppose the costume from the comics is too much to hope for ;-)
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Version 2 of the costume please!
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GMCox wrote: »
    Emily Blunt, Natalie Dormer or Alexandra Daddario.

If it 'had' to be one of those three then I'd vote for Blunt but I don't think any of them are spot on...
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Version 2 of the costume please!

Is that the black and yellow lightning bolt one?
  • HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Is that the black and yellow lightning bolt one?

Yes, that's the one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that's the one.

I think I prefer the current one. Maybe she'll go through a transition and have both :P
    Forum Member
    If current superhero movies are anything to go by, she'll probably be dressed heads to toe in dark leather with little regard to her comic book costumes.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Am I wrong in saying that currently in the comics are not Captain and Ms Marvel two totally different superheroes?
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Am I wrong in saying that currently in the comics are not Captain and Ms Marvel two totally different superheroes?

Both are Carol Danvers, who originally appeared with Captain Marvel in 'Marvel Super Heroes', then his own title where she gained her powers. She has laterally been known as Captain Marvel.
    I expect they eventually dropped the "Ms" as it has dreadfully dated 70s feminist connotations about it.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I'm getting confused thinking about the recent version of Ms Marvel with Kamala Khan who was only introduced in the comics in the past year or so!

As in the comics now Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers and Ms Marvel is Kamala Khan
    Forum Member
    I haven't read a comic in over 20 years :blush: Rob Liefeld put me off!!
  • Wolfman13Wolfman13 Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're right they are two different superheroes. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As in the comics now Captain Marvel is Carol Danvers and Ms Marvel is Kamala Khan

That's correct.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the posts as I thought I was correct.I guess that Marvel will go with Carol Danver for the film otherwise they would have called the film Ms Marvel not Captain Marvel!
  • HumbuggedHumbugged Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    You're right they are two different superheroes. :)

And it's really likely that Kamala (who is a Carol Danvers fan girl) will turn up at some point as well maybe even as soon as the Captain Marvel movie.
    Forum Member
    Yeah that would make sense especially as Isnt Kamala Khan an Inhuman? As that would also link into the upcoming Inhuman film in 2018 as well!
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Yeah that would make sense especially as Isnt Kamala Khan an Inhuman? As that would also link into the upcoming Inhuman film in 2018 as well!

Who would play Kamala Khan? How about Anjli Mohindra from "The Sarah Jane Adventures", "The Inbetweeners" and "The Missing"?
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kamala Khan's awesome.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Who would play Kamala Khan? How about Anjli Mohindra from "The Sarah Jane Adventures", "The Inbetweeners" and "The Missing"?
    She's too old (already 25). Her SJA predecessor Yasmin Paige, who played Maria Jackson, left for exams and they didn't want a repeat of that, so cast a slightly older actress to play Rani Chandra (by the end, she was 21 playing 18). Kamala Khan is a teenager. If they introduce her, it would probably be an unknown actress. But if the Captain Marvel film is an origin story, skipping over Carol's time as Ms Marvel, then Kamala would not be able to be a fangirl of her so soon. So I'm not expecting her to show up anyway. The Inhumans film is probably about Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, and Crystal.
  • SWW (SWW)SWW (SWW) Posts: 23,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kamala Khan's best thing to happen with Marvel since Avengers Disassembled! :)

Amazing work by Wilson and Alphona.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Ok so I have couple of leftfield suggestions for both roles.

Anyone familiar with Amazon's (yes, I know) Prime series Vikings will know the character Lagertha, a warrior maiden type played by Katheryn Winnick. In my opinion she would make the perfect Captain Marvel, although I like the earlier suggestion of Natalie Dormer.

As for Kamala Khan, what about Nazanin Boniadi, who played the role of Farah in Homeland?