Options

Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have. They've been doing it at the weekends. I've seen it on tv myself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    They have. They've been doing it at the weekends. I've seen it on tv myself.

oh ok thanks, I didn't notice that.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't go as far as to say Brody brought literally nothing to the show but I do agree that I preferred the secondary characters last year.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Is this season 4 that starts in UK on Sunday? Episode 1 was on TV night- not sure what to make of it!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah S4 starts on Sunday. Started on RTÉ last night and the 5 minutes I saw confirmed that Carrie is still as irritating.
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Yeah S4 starts on Sunday. Started on RTÉ last night and the 5 minutes I saw confirmed that Carrie is still as irritating.

Wait until see you see what Quinn gets up too.... :o
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Homeland, but it did kind of lose it's whole raison d'etre after we discovered all of Brody and Carrie's secrets. It just turned into a better version of Spooks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait until see you see what Quinn gets up too.... :o

Don't be saying that, he's my favourite!
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised that Channel 4 don't appear to be repeating the last series before the new one starts next Sunday which they have done in the past.

Sun, Oct 12 · 02:00-03:05 · Channel 4
    Homeland
    12/12 - 3, The Star

Carrie and Brody seek refuge at the edge of the desert as security forces close in, and while Saul plans a last-ditch rescue operation, the former marine struggles to find redemption. Claire Danes, Damian Lewis and Mandy Patinkin star in the CIA thriller. Last in the series.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this new season not in HD? Sky guide seems to think not.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    Is this new season not in HD? Sky guide seems to think not.

I’ll be very surprised if it isn’t, the EPG listing is probably just an error.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the US last week when Homeland aired they showed Ep1 and Ep2 together, but it looks like we're only getting Ep1.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    In the US last week when Homeland aired they showed Ep1 and Ep2 together, but it looks like we're only getting Ep1.

So we’ll actually be 2 weeks behind the US pace?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    So we’ll actually be 2 weeks behind the US pace?

Well i suppose you could put it like that.

Looking forward to the opener tonight.
  • Options
    Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed Homeland tonight. I was worried because I didn't know if the show could survive without Brody - but it coped absolutely fine without him.

It felt fresh and getting rid of the Brody family was a good call as they're no longer needed now. Overall, a very good start for a rebooted Homeland. Roll on next Sunday! :)
  • Options
    GreenJadeDragonGreenJadeDragon Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else spot King Arthur popping up as the pilot of the airstrike tonight?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had convinced ourselves it was going to be rubbish, but we gave it a whirl and were glad we did. Off to a good start, but we really struggled to hear the dialogue from some actors, particularly the tall black guy in the ops room at the beginning. Very bad, slurry diction.
  • Options
    patchcatpatchcat Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    My memory must be getting worse..... I don't even remember Carrie being pregnant at the end of last series! I watch far too many series on TV and every time a new season starts, I don't remember anything from the last one and have to go look up recaps on the internet!
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patchcat wrote: »
    My memory must be getting worse..... I don't even remember Carrie being pregnant at the end of last series! I watch far too many series on TV and every time a new season starts, I don't remember anything from the last one and have to go look up recaps on the internet!
    She was pregnant all the way through the last series!
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it rather hard to believe the crowd wouldn't scatter after they started firing, no one is that fanatical.
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There didn't seem to be enough cars parked outside the farmhouse for all those people. How did they all get there?
  • Options
    greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    We had convinced ourselves it was going to be rubbish, but we gave it a whirl and were glad we did. Off to a good start, but we really struggled to hear the dialogue from some actors, particularly the tall black guy in the ops room at the beginning. Very bad, slurry diction.

I felt the same and glad I watched it now but like yourself thought I was going deaf in parts
  • Options
    CasmanaCasmana Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I replayed that and yes , but he had a very low voice. Best use subtitles?
    A good start anyway , we have a clear picture. Carrie's looking less bugeyed,less frantic,in fact less concerned. Her reaction to Quinn's discomfort was to pile even more onto him .
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I found it rather hard to believe the crowd wouldn't scatter after they started firing, no one is that fanatical.

Especially as they seemed to be regular unarmed citizens and not militia or the like.
    catsitter wrote: »
    There didn't seem to be enough cars parked outside the farmhouse for all those people. How did they all get there?

Taxi?

When you saw the satellite feed it looked like it was out in the middle of nowhere. In the morning (the morning after a building exploded around him) the young lad goes outside and it appears to be a village/small town.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but missing Brody of course.

Still, a new threat is an exciting prospect, although I must have hardened my heart lately what with all the real life terrorism because I was thinking, "so they killed a terrorist and 40 guests at a wedding party - ah, f*** them all".

Good to see Carrie's mental state is a bit better...for now.