WWE Network

Comments

• DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4chords wrote: »
    I'm guessing the geo-block is back in play?

it is, I've got the app on the Xbox One already (via US locale) and it works to sign in, just can't stream the videos, but FSM are reporting it wasn't geo-blocked at 4pm this afternoon, so anyone with the app and an active US subscription could watch without DNS changes
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the news on the previous delayed launch.

Wouldn't be surprised though if that's what happened and if it is sky they could get a channel up in say a month it can be done virgin did it with setanta sports news at the time of the sky channels fiasco.
  • Peter VenkmanPeter Venkman Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Credit card in hand, E-Cig all fired up, leaning back on the couch with a cup of tea

And then this BS happens.

Damn you..... KAIENTAI, PAPA SHANGO, KWANG, ADAM BOMB, ISAAC YANKEM

and VINCE McMAHON.

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLLLLL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously something to do with Sky. It did seem to good to be true, when Sky gets involved it'll either double in price or PPV will be blocked for UK, just wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt we will ever get it over here now seriously pissed off with it all now.
  • Lee_Smith2Lee_Smith2 Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this company trying to outdo itself in wretched customer service?

Firstly they delay it. Annoying but fair enough.

Then they openly mock the people who bought their latest PPV offering for up to 45 dollars when they could get for 9.99, despite it being 'unavailable' it many places. Obviously they forgot the variables which mean people may have to watch via traditional methods, such as lack of/poor internet connection. Either way you NEVER be condescending with your paying customers (business rule 101).

Now they delay it again...20 minutes before its launch! Network? Amateurs more like.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly sure this will be because of Sky.

How can the Sky TV deal possibly continue as is when the network is at that price showing PPV's live, and then anytime you want after.

I don't see how its going to work in the UK until WWE get out of their PPV contract with Sky.
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Oh well. Back to fifa. Been loosing interest tbh in wwe lately. Bores me. A champion who is never there. What a crock. Only wanted the network for older stuff.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obviously something to do with Sky. It did seem to good to be true, when Sky gets involved it'll either double in price or PPV will be blocked for UK, just wait and see.

That's ok, if Sky have had a hand in it then there are always ways to screw them over.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some serious issues at hand here. You can accept that we get it after the U.S., almost forgive it being delayed beyond every other territory on the planet but to push it back not once but twice?!

And 30 mins before "launch" without word of an explanation...

If this was a tactic to make Sky dig deep and add a WWE Channel then it is a disgusting way to treat customers. Build their hopes up and promise everything obly to take the rug from under their feet so that the shareholders get a few extra $$$ in their pocket as the result of a mega deal with Sky.

This has been PR disaster after PR disaster. Would be fantastic if the UK completely boycotted WWE and turned allegiance to TNA. Don't get me wrong, I think TNA is terrible but if Challenge TV figures rocketed over next few weeks whilst WWE's plummeted it would be fantastic. Would also be amazing if thousands returned tickets for upcoming tour as a big two fingers up to the company.
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have Sky at the eleventh hour made them an offer they couldn't refuse? Or have they refused to pay (as in refused to honour their contract with the WWE) for further WWE content tying the whole situation up for the near future?

Really poor form from the WWE and maybe Sky. The WWE are in the UK next week aren't they? Not a great way to start their tour.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perfect PR for the WWE at the start of the UK tour and I can just imagine the stick they will get from the crowds especially at next weeks tapings
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    lol i can just imagine some of you with your slippers on and the tea and sandwiches ready to tune in to some good old 1980s wrestling and then this news breaks.

And to think all those people chanted YES on Smackdown for the FREE month of November. Shame on you WWE.
  • DarthGoreDarthGore Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are some serious issues at hand here. You can accept that we get it after the U.S., almost forgive it being delayed beyond every other territory on the planet but to push it back not once but twice?!

And 30 mins before "launch" without word of an explanation...

If this was a tactic to make Sky dig deep and add a WWE Channel then it is a disgusting way to treat customers. Build their hopes up and promise everything obly to take the rug from under their feet so that the shareholders get a few extra $$$ in their pocket as the result of a mega deal with Sky.

This has been PR disaster after PR disaster. Would be fantastic if the UK completely boycotted WWE and turned allegiance to TNA. Don't get me wrong, I think TNA is terrible but if Challenge TV figures rocketed over next few weeks whilst WWE's plummeted it would be fantastic. Would also be amazing if thousands returned tickets for upcoming tour as a big two fingers up to the company.

I'd be inclined to agree with the idea of boycotting the WWE, but frankly - fans aren't confident in TNA because they flip flop story lines and characters so much, it's not worth investing time in someone before they change allegiance/story and go from being a main eventer to jobbing in the "X Division" (remember when that was actually worth watching??)

WWE have ****ed this up, again.... but frankly - people won't care as there's nothing else worthwhile to watch
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    That's ok, if Sky have had a hand in it then there are always ways to screw them over.

Good luck. Sky gets most of its sky sports subs because if football not wwe.
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »

How can the Sky TV deal possibly continue as is when the network is at that price showing PPV's live, and then anytime you want after.

I don't see how its going to work in the UK until WWE get out of their PPV contract with Sky.
    If Sky get out of the contract then BT would likely step in for less money- there still would be the Network issue however. I have a feeling this saga could go on past Christmas if it isn't a technical issue tonight.
  • Nik01Nik01 Posts: 9,947
    Forum Member
    Are the wwe going to expect people to order surviour series on box office now after this?

I'm a loyal customer and buy every box office ppv but there is no way in hell I'm buying survivor series now.

What a farce
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't surprise me if they re-read the contract they signed with Sky and their lawyers suddenly spotted a clause in there that stops them launching it. Quickly rang Vince and said "you need to press the big red stop button or Sky will sue you all the way to the bank"
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to sign up. Was a bit peeved when it was put back. Now it's been out back again. I'll just carry on watching ppv's for free via streaming sites.

Way I see it is if they can't be bothered to so much as explain why it's been set back yet again. I can't be bothered giving them my cash.
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthGore wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to agree with the idea of boycotting the WWE, but frankly - fans aren't confident in TNA because they flip flop story lines and characters so much, it's not worth investing time in someone before they change allegiance/story and go from being a main eventer to jobbing in the "X Division" (remember when that was actually worth watching??)

WWE have ****ed this up, again.... but frankly - people won't care as there's nothing else worthwhile to watch

I could have swore you were talking about WWE there ;)
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris_TV wrote: »

How can the Sky TV deal possibly continue as is when the network is at the price showing PPV's live, and then anytime you want after.

I think it's going to be working by tomorrow morning you don't pull the plug with minutes to go unless something gone wrong
    Add to that they put a one line statement I really don't t it's got anything to do with Sky
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Perfect PR for the WWE at the start of the UK tour and I can just imagine the stick they will get from the crowds especially at next weeks tapings

they better give the uk fans (another) free month as compensation for messing you guys about! >:( ... absolutely disgraceful behaviour imo! :(

delaying to line their own pockets! >:(
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    I think it's going to be working by tomorrow morning you don't pull the plug with minutes to go unless something gone wrong
    Add to that they put a one line statement I really don't t it's got anything to do with Sky

Delayed until further notice does not sound like something a company would say if they were only expecting it to be delayed by 24 hours.

However who knows, you could be right.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have sorted out any issues between the WWE and Sky during negotiations for the new TV deal. That way, everyone would have known where they stood. To leave it this late is terrible.