Homeland on Ch4 (UK Pace) - No Spoilers! (Part 2)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
pavier wrote: »
I don't understand why they assumed Nazir would be in the car in the end shoot out, that's the last place he would be. Was the assumption based on some evidence I missed?
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629343

Comments

• NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      joined. only 3 more episodes to go
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
      Forum Member
      I really enjoyed last nights episode. Loads of twists involved and i was on edge of my seat for that last half hour.

As most people have said, Bordy is definatley playing the CIA and not telling them the full picture. Looking forward to seeing waht the "real" attack is and where they plan to hit!
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
      Forum Member
      I can’t see this season winning any emmys, it’s been bordering on the ridiculous tbh.

I Homeland isn't doing a Prison Break and descending into made up as they go along convoluted tripe….

After such a strong first season I'm really not enjoying this show anymore:(
    • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,197
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I just remembered something else that confused me in last night's episode - when Brody went into that shop (or whatever it was) and asked for a payphone, they said there wasn't one, so he asked to borrow a cellphone and I thought that was what he did, but then Carrie said the call had come from the Baltimore area code. Surely a cellphone wouldn't have an area code for a particular city? Or do they work differently in the USA?
    • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      catsitter wrote: »
      I just remembered something else that confused me in last night's episode - when Brody went into that shop (or whatever it was) and asked for a payphone, they said there wasn't one, so he asked to borrow a cellphone and I thought that was what he did, but then Carrie said the call had come from the Baltimore area code. Surely a cellphone wouldn't have an area code for a particular city? Or do they work differently in the USA?
      What bugged me most about that scene is how he knew Carrie's number off by heart. I don't know about anyone else, but while I know my own number, I'd struggle to remember anyone else's.

Despite that, I enjoyed last night's episode. The sting did all seem a bit too easy, but who was bluffing - Nazir to Brody, or Brody to the CIA?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Mark no one remember phone number but anyone would if his life was in danger
      Catsitter... the lady in the shop said she did not have a pay phone since last century but she could have handed him a cordless phone, land line cordless phone
    • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Surely a cellphone wouldn't have an area code for a particular city? Or do they work differently in the USA?

There's cell location data, the same as in the UK.
    • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
      Forum Member
      It definitely was a mobile phone. Carrie said it was a '443' area code, which apparently is also used for mobile(cell) phones.
    • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,197
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Right, thanks for the info, nomad.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      ah ok... I lost track of how many phone they seem to go through, either tapped or totally safe, according to what the storyline requires
    • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      So Quinn knows that Saul knows about him (and Saul knows that Quinn knows that he knows :) ) now i assume, given that he asked his ex to describe the IRS guy? Should be interesting!
    • researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Carrie is rubbish. Last week running screaming after the helicopter with blonde hair flying in the breeze. This week loudly proclaiming the name of the man they're hunting for in a crowded car park after a major incident.

She's a face-pulling fool.
    • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
      Forum Member
      Carrie is rubbish. Last week running screaming after the helicopter with blonde hair flying in the breeze. This week loudly proclaiming the name of the man they're hunting for in a crowded car park after a major incident.

I've said it all along - the glaring deficiencies in her ability to be any kind of agent makes the whole storyline a joke for me.

Deleted as invites non relevant debate.....................
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Osusana please type it back. I am curious to what debate could spark .. pretty please
    • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Plus, I don't know about you, but I could not remember even my fiance's mobile phone number - I simply scroll down to his name & text him (very occasionally ring him); if I did not have my mobile on me then I would not be able to phone him.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

If I remember correctly, she first did the right thing by calling him by the codename Sandman, but then immediately called him Abu Nazir.:confused::eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Who is the man on the bus?
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
      Forum Member
      Who is the man on the bus?

Think he works for FBI? I may be wrong though:confused:
    • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      CIA, black ops. His name was something like "Daradall". He's known to Saul and Estes. All in the dialogue.
    • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,461
      Forum Member
      feeVerte wrote: »
      Osusana please type it back. I am curious to what debate could spark .. pretty please

It was just something about Carrie's mental illness not being well portrayed. ....
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I do not know what 'black ops' is!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I do not know what 'black ops' is!

Covert operation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_operations

Black operation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_operation

The CIA has two main sections (not counting Science & Technology, and Support):

Directorate of Intelligence - This handles the analysis of intelligence.

National Clandestine Service (previously known as the Directorate of Operations) - This handles the collection of intelligence. It also performs covert operations via the Special Activities Division.

Quinn was put in place in the Brody mission by Estes allegedly as an analyst.

However, it now seems that he is actually not just an analyst, but is someone who performs deniable "black ops", covert ops, etc., and really works for the man on the bus, who is some sort of "black ops" higher-up from the other part of the Agency.
    • Red WimpRed Wimp Posts: 4,883
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I don't get why someone talking to Quinns ex makes him run off to a clandestine meeting with one of the CIA's top men.
      Oh and wasn't he fortunate that Dara whatever his names was car was off the road and he had caught the bus home at the very same time he was looking for him
    • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I don't get why someone talking to Quinns ex makes him run off to a clandestine meeting with one of the CIA's top men.
      I presume that he realised that his cover as an analyst was blown? He was going to kill Brody if Nasir had been captured I guess to avoid having to prosecute Brody
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Red Wimp wrote: »

Because no one is supposed to know that "Quinn" has an ex and a kid, especially someone allegedly from the IRS but who happens to look just like Saul...

Red Wimp wrote: »
      Oh and wasn't he fortunate that Dara whatever his names was car was off the road and he had caught the bus home at the very same time he was looking for him

Or it was a pre-arranged method of contact that the black ops guy used after having been given a signal somehow by Quinn...