How much bad luck can a bloke have?

NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
Forum Member
✭✭
How many clubs has Peter Risdale been involved in that have gone into administration?Bad luck or what?:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I don't like the bloke but to be fair, haven't one or two been in pretty dire straits before he even got there ?

Don't understand though why he then wants to get involved.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bad luck?

I'd be suspicious that he was the common denominator.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Bad luck?

I'd be suspicious that he was the common denominator.

Ha ha, I took the OP to have an sarcastic tone to it :)
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Argyle were going down the pan anyway, he's not officially part of the club in any aspect and you certainly couldn't attribute any of Plymouth's problems to him, you do have to wonder what he is up to though, I suspect now they are officially in admin we'll see if he has any sort of plan for the club, wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in some sort of takeover bid. He certainly isn't the type of bloke who would just be advising the club out of the kindness of his heart.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear Peter

Please apply for a job at Rangers.

Yours sincerely

timboy.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Ridsdale did not put Leeds into Admin, that was down to Bates and Wise :mad:
  • Steve_FSteve_F Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    But surely Ridsdale had a fair bit to do with the demise that followed?

Didn't he spend 5 figure sums on blue and yellow goldfish for the boardroom?
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Ridsdale did not put Leeds into Admin, that was down to Bates and Wise :mad:

Can you please explain this? Ridsdale was the one with the crazy financial plan that you could never ever keep up with. He single handedly tried to bankrupt the club and almost succeeded.
  • Steve_FSteve_F Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    I think factually he's correct but its impossible to accept an inclination that Ridsdale is somehow blameless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many clubs has Peter Risdale been involved in that have gone into administration?Bad luck or what?:confused:

All of them.

And yet he still gets ok'd to get involved with the next one.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Dear Peter

Please apply for a job at Rangers.

Yours sincerely

timboy.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Can you please explain this? Ridsdale was the one with the crazy financial plan that you could never ever keep up with. He single handedly tried to bankrupt the club and almost succeeded.

The Thread says Which clubs he put in Admin he left us in 2003, we went in to Admin in 2007, this had Nothing to do with Ridsdale directly when Ridsdale left, we had Kewell, Viduka, Smith, Lennon, Milner Robinson still playing for us , so to put the Blame at Ridsdales door is wrong , there were 2 or even 3 owners , in Some professer whos name i cant remember then Gerarld ??, and lets not also forget that Bates brought Healey, Blake, Creswell, among others , and the funding of them players , was provided 2 Years before we went in to Admin
    so No Ridsdale wasnt the Man who put Leeds in Admin or Division 3
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    The Thread says Which clubs he put in Admin he left us in 2003, we went in to Admin in 2007, this had Nothing to do with Ridsdale directly when Ridsdale left, we had Kewell, Viduka, Smith, Lennon, Milner Robinson still playing for us , so to put the Blame at Ridsdales door is wrong , there were 2 or even 3 owners , in Some professer whos name i cant remember then Gerarld ??, and lets not also forget that Bates brought Healey, Blake, Creswell, among others , and the funding of them players , was provided 2 Years before we went in to Admin
    so No Ridsdale wasnt the Man who put Leeds in Admin or Division 3

Your administration was directly caused by Ridsdale's ridiculous financial plan for the club. I can't see how you can argue anything else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Officially I'd guess none.

Unofficially more than would allow him to pass the fit and proper test had he been in charge. He is a crook who exploits tax loopholes to line his pockets. The problem lies in that he has a silver tongue, so Argyle will not be the last club to buy into his "visions" of the promised land.

I don't know if there is a copy online somewhere but the BBC (Week in week out? Panorama?) did a really good expose of him whilst he was at Cardiff.
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair he never put my club plymouth in the s**t,it's been mismanaged for a long time,i don't think he was getting paid for helping us.

bad management is what causes most clubs to go into administration
    Forum Member
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    to be fair he never put my club plymouth in the s**t,it's been mismanaged for a long time,i don't think he was getting paid for helping us.

bad management is what causes most clubs to go into administration

Great result for you today, hope you can beat the drop
    good luck
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't wish Peter Ridsdale on anyone.