Geri Halliwell

Comments

• The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    Not sure why all the bile.

She made alot of people very happy and continues to do so.

Great. But this is a forum for opinions - not a fan site or appreciation thread.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great. But this is a forum for opinions - not a fan site or appreciation thread.

but your opinion is mis-guided and offensive and you have made far too many posts and should get out more.

in my opinion.

'i'm singing in the rain . . .'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    icanboogie wrote: »
    but your opinion is mis-guided and offensive and you have made far too many posts and should get out more.

in my opinion.

'i'm singing in the rain . . .'

Firstly - I would like you to state the opinions of mine that you find offensive and/or misguided. Misguided because they disagree with yours? & I have said nothing offensive about Halliwell - IMHO she is totally talentless - that is an opinion - and not an offensive one.

Secondly, telling me I have made far too many posts & should get out more: You could well be right - but personal attacks on other posters are against forum T&C's.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny12 wrote: »
    I've answered you - I was referring to the women of a similar age to Geri who seem to dislike her for the simple reason that "that wasn't them"!

Some people just don't like Geri or her music, and that's fine!

I've explained above why I criticize Gary Barlow.

Ok Kenny, Michelle Pfeiffer is over a decade older than me. She is jaw droppingly beautiful, a brilliant actress and is beyond wealthy.

I love the woman.

Discuss :p
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing - we are being judged by people who claim that judging makes you jealous! Kenny, you should have said, love. I had no idea that you were bitter and jealous of me. I'm flattered, really.

Geri has nothing that I am jealous of.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're jealous because you haven't got his money - just like we're all jealous because we haven't got hers...

You make a helluva lot of assumptions about her critics so I'm going to make the same about you. Your argument is not logical. You've given reasons why you dislike Barlow - just as we;ve given reasons for disliking Halliwell. I personally think she's talentless, dull, needy and a very lonely woman - that's my perogative - doesn't make me jealous. It's a very childish argument with no basis in reality.

As for record sales - Mr Blobby is one of the best selling single UK artists of all time.:D

I'm not jealous of Gary Barlow's money - Whether you believe that or not I literally couldn't give a badger's fart!

I have money of my own and lead a perfectly privileged live -for which I am grateful every single day.

Geri, in your opinion, may be talentless, dull, needy and lonely but at heart she is a good person.

Gary Barlow, In my experience, the encounters I have heard from others and my own 'Television viewer opinion', is not a terribly nice person.

Find me one high profile interview in which Geri has slated anyone who has publicly mocked her...

She may be an irritant to you, for whatever reason, but she has never felt the need to publicly mock any of the other Spice Girls, Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams, Destiny's Child, Britney, Girls Aloud etc etc who may have done the same to her.

And trust me, there is PLENTY that she could have said about a lot of them!...

That's just not her style.

"What other people think of you is none of your business".

"Stay classy".

As for the latter part of the post - record sales for 'Mr. Blobby' whatever that is, really don't bear any relevance within this discussion.

The facts are:

A popular UK boy band of the 1990's (Take That) sold 40 million records.
    A popular Global girl group of the 1990's (The Spice Girls) sold 80 million records.
    De Facto leader of said boy band (Gary) sold 5 million records as a solo act.
    De Facto leader of said girl group (Geri) sold 12 million records as a solo act.

Whatever, I'm done!

Get outta the kitchen and quit your bitchin gurrl!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not jealous of Gary Barlow's money - Whether you believe that or not I literally couldn't give a badger's fart!

I have money of my own and lead a perfectly privileged live -for which I am grateful every single day.

Geri, in your opinion, may be talentless, dull, needy and lonely but at heart she is a good person.

Gary Barlow, In my experience, the encounters I have heard from others and my own 'Television viewer opinion', is not a terribly nice person.

Find me one high profile interview in which Geri has slated anyone who has publicly mocked her...

She may be an irritant to you, for whatever reason, but she has never felt the need to publicly mock any of the other Spice Girls, Gary Barlow, Robbie Williams, Destiny's Child, Britney, Girls Aloud etc etc who may have done the same to her.

And trust me, there is PLENTY that she could have said about a lot of them!...

That's just not her style.

"What other people think of you is none of your business".

"Stay classy".

As for the latter part of the post - record sales for 'Mr. Blobby' whatever that is, really don't bear any relevance within this discussion.

The facts are:

A popular UK boy band of the 1990's (Take That) sold 40 million records.
    A popular Global girl group of the 1990's (The Spice Girls) sold 80 million records.
    De Facto leader of said boy band (Gary) sold 5 million records as a solo act.
    De Facto leader of said girl group (Geri) sold 12 million records as a solo act.

Whatever, I'm done!

Get outta the kitchen and quit your bitchin gurrl
    !

So do I - so your absurd assumptions about people who criticise Geri hold no credence whatsoever. Only other super fans of this woman would hold such aggressive views and state them so boldly with no evidence whatsoever.

The fact of the matter is - you can dish it out - but you can't take it. Now that your incredibly tenuous insistence that anyone who criticises Geri lives in a terraced house has been blown out of the water - all you have left is aggressive soundbites and silly quotes. Shame - but there we go.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinions on Halliwell - just as you are entitled to yours on Barlow - but don't be so childish as to assume the jealousy line - it just doesn't hold any water. My opinion is based on what I have seen of her in the media - just as yours is of Barlow.

Oh, and for the record - I'm not a fan of Barlow - I find him quite tedious on XFactor. However, he is a fantastically successful songwriter. Again, his songs are not to my taste - but it cannot be denied that he is one of the best songwriting talents in the country. What's Geri's contribution to songwriting? 'Zigazigah' - genius:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'm not a fan of Barlow - I find him quite tedious on XFactor. However, he is a fantastically successful songwriter. Again, his songs are not to my taste - but it cannot be denied that he is one of the best songwriting talents in the country. What's Geri's contribution to songwriting? 'Zigazigah' - genius:D

Geri wrote Stop, a lot of the lyrics for Too Much, she wrote most of 2 become 1 with producers Stannard and Rowe about her relationship with Matt (Rowe)..

She is a brilliant pop lyricist in my opinion.

"Love is blind/ as far as the eye can see/ deep and meaningless words to me....What part of 'no' don't you understand? I want a man not a boy who thinks he can."

"I like chocolate and controversy/ he likes Friday's and bad company... Just a bad case of Opposite Sex/ have to look to the stars/ all we need is a little respect/ because men are from Venus/ and girls are from mars! Bag it up/ don't drop the baby/ boot him out/ no buts or or maybes/ wind him up/ and make him crazy/ woah woah woah woah Lady!"

"Lonely hearts are welcome here/ take my hand let's disappear/ serenity is almost here oh God... Gimme some gimme some gasoline/ tell me what you want/ know what I mean and scream if you wanna go faster baby/ scream if you wanna go faster. Gimme some gimme some sweet F.A/ have a nice day as Americans say and scream if you wanna go faster baby/ scream if you wanna go faster"

And of course her pièce de résistance:

"You're a DJ, I'm a song, take me out and turn me on."
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is she famous for now?
    The only thing ive heard about her recently is hanging out with russell brand for a couple of weeks swapping yoga? Books.!
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri wrote Stop, a lot of the lyrics for Too Much, she wrote most of 2 become 1 with producers Stannard and Rowe about her relationship with Matt (Rowe)..

She is a brilliant pop lyricist in my opinion.

"Love is blind/ as far as the eye can see/ deep and meaningless words to me....What part of 'no' don't you understand? I want a man not a boy who thinks he can."

"I like chocolate and controversy/ he likes Friday's and bad company... Just a bad case of Opposite Sex/ have to look to the stars/ all we need is a little respect/ because men are from Venus/ and girls are from mars! Bag it up/ don't drop the baby/ boot him out/ no buts or or maybes/ wind him up/ and make him crazy/ woah woah woah woah Lady!"

"Lonely hearts are welcome here/ take my hand let's disappear/ serenity is almost here oh God... Gimme some gimme some gasoline/ tell me what you want/ know what I mean and scream if you wanna go faster baby/ scream if you wanna go faster. Gimme some gimme some sweet F.A/ have a nice day as Americans say and scream if you wanna go faster baby/ scream if you wanna go faster"

And of course her pièce de résistance:

"You're a DJ, I'm a song, take me out and turn me on."

I like the love you have got going on for the lyrics and the meaning of the song/s I was going to be mean but i thought differently,if its any music and it has made an impact on you and you respect/enjoy it, stuff anyone else! The cynical doors fan in me is cynical.
  • wonderwall2012wonderwall2012 Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I think alot of the jibes Gary Barlow has been making against Geri on X Factor & Jonathan Ross too make him come across as quite nasty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think alot of the jibes Gary Barlow has been making against Geri on X Factor & Jonathan Ross too make him come across as quite nasty.

Geri thinks so too. She's never been one to do the same kind of thing.

There's banter with a cheeky wink "maybe he's just intimidated by me because I've sold more records? ;)" But she's never nasty about anyone else in the industry in interviews like this.

He can be quite a bitter and nasty old fart sometimes - and he never had the balls to say any of these jibes to her face!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri, Emma and Mel C will be appearing on Alan Carr: Chattyman next Friday to talk and giggle over a WKD about [URL="Geri, Emma and Mel C will be appearing on Alan Carr: Chattyman next Friday to talk and giggle over a WKD about Viva Forever! Sadly Mel B is in Australia and Victoria is accross the pond next week so can't make it yet."]Viva Forever![/URL] Sadly Mel B is in Australia and Victoria is accross the pond next week so can't make it yet.

Let the promo begin!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geri (Spice Girls) and Judy Craymer (Mamma Mia!, Viva Forever!) will be appearing on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on December 8th to talk about Viva Forever!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just recieved the official press release from ITV about
    The Spice Girls Story: Viva Forever!

A brand new and official, prime-time documentary on The Spice Girls including interviews with The 'Girls themselves, their mothers, Jennifer Saunders, Judy Craymer and more. Featuring behind the scenes footage of the infamous press call earlier this year, rehearsals and backstage footage of The Olympics Closing Ceremony and of course lots of sneak peaks of Viva Forever! and it's development.

It will air on ITV1, 9.00pm Christmas Eve!

Full Press Release:
    "As soon as I met the girls there was something very special immediately…we clicked straight away and it felt very comfortable from that moment."
    Emma Bunton

The Spice Girls are undisputedly the biggest, best-selling all-female group ever and their mantra of Girl Power is currently taking London by storm all over again with the launch of new musical Viva Forever!

This brand new feature-length documentary will celebrate the Spice Girls’ music and their story as Girl Power is introduced to a new generation through the musical. It will explore the band’s stratospheric rise to fame, featuring exclusive new interviews with all five girls, and with the people who know them best and worked with them along the way.

Victoria Beckham says of the band’s success: “It was such a whirlwind, it was really quite overwhelming. And we were so tired. We were working really, really hard. I mean the record company would have us at the airport sometimes at five o’clock in the morning. We’d fly somewhere, we’d be working all day, we’d get in super, super late, we’d have a couple of hours sleep and then we’d go off again the next day.” Melanie C says: “Everything we touched turned to gold. It was ridiculous.”

More than 15 years since they took the pop world by storm, this documentary provides the definitive portrait of a band which sold more than 75 million records worldwide and examines the story of the five girls whose music, look, attitude and success had such a profound, era-defining impact on the 90s and whose influence in British pop culture is still felt.

We examine how their relationships with each other have evolved over time, the truth behind the rumours, and how the five girls now juggle individual projects and roles as working mothers.

Mel B says of her Spice persona: “Every woman gets a little bit scary now and again…I liked my name. It kind of put a barrier up because when somebody would first meet me they would think I was going to be horrible. And actually I picked and chose whether I was going to be nice or not nice!”

Geri recalls the story behind her infamous Union Jack dress at The Brits: “I remember the stylist at the time told me not to wear it. I literally got “don’t wear that”. And I was going, “but I like it. I like it”…For me that dress symbolises what the Spice Girls is about.”

As the highly anticipated musical is launched in the West End this December, we look at the creative process behind it, see the girls in the lead up to its premiere and go behind the scenes leading up to opening night, providing the perfect opportunity to reflect on the music that made the Spice Girls’ success.

Melanie C explains: “I think us girls have always felt that our songs were quite theatrical, you know. And you know, there’s great subject matter in there. There’s quite a lot of storytelling within the songs as well. So it was something we’d talked about for years and years and years.“

This is an opportunity to tell their story first-hand, revealing the extent of their ambition, their aims, their creative partnerships, their music and their legacy. Victoria says: “I’m really proud to be Posh. I’m so proud to have been in the Spice Girls and to have achieved everything I have. I’m the luckiest girl in the world, I really am. No-one knows that more than me.”

The documentary also includes interviews with the writer of the musical Jennifer Saunders and its producer Judy Craymer. Jennifer says: “For a long time…if I’ve written it, I’ve always been in control of how it went on. So this is a massive collaboration where I’m just not allowed to be as bossy as I would like to be. So it’s kind of terrifying.”

Other new and exclusive interviews featured include two of the Spice Mums - Victoria’s mum Jackie and Melanie C’s mum Joan, plus Richard E Grant, Perez Hilton and Dawn French.
    Classification: Documentary
    Genre: Celebrities | Music
    Network: ITV1 ( United Kingdom)
    Airs: Mondays at 09:00 pm
    Runtime: 90 Minutes
    Premiere: December 24, 2012
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also just recieved the official press release from ITV about

A brand new and official, prime-time documentary on The Spice Girls including interviews with The 'Girls themselves, their mothers, Jennifer Saunders, Judy Craymer and more. Featuring behind the scenes footage of the infamous press call earlier this year, rehearsals and backstage footage of The Olympics Closing Ceremony and of course lots of sneak peaks of Viva Forever! and it's development.

It will air on ITV1, 9.00pm Christmas Eve!

Full Press Release:
    "As soon as I met the girls there was something very special immediately…we clicked straight away and it felt very comfortable from that moment."
    Emma Bunton

The Spice Girls are undisputedly the biggest, best-selling all-female group ever and their mantra of Girl Power is currently taking London by storm all over again with the launch of new musical Viva Forever!

This brand new feature-length documentary will celebrate the Spice Girls’ music and their story as Girl Power is introduced to a new generation through the musical. It will explore the band’s stratospheric rise to fame, featuring exclusive new interviews with all five girls, and with the people who know them best and worked with them along the way.

Victoria Beckham says of the band’s success: “It was such a whirlwind, it was really quite overwhelming. And we were so tired. We were working really, really hard. I mean the record company would have us at the airport sometimes at five o’clock in the morning. We’d fly somewhere, we’d be working all day, we’d get in super, super late, we’d have a couple of hours sleep and then we’d go off again the next day.” Melanie C says: “Everything we touched turned to gold. It was ridiculous.”

More than 15 years since they took the pop world by storm, this documentary provides the definitive portrait of a band which sold more than 75 million records worldwide and examines the story of the five girls whose music, look, attitude and success had such a profound, era-defining impact on the 90s and whose influence in British pop culture is still felt.

We examine how their relationships with each other have evolved over time, the truth behind the rumours, and how the five girls now juggle individual projects and roles as working mothers.

Mel B says of her Spice persona: “Every woman gets a little bit scary now and again…I liked my name. It kind of put a barrier up because when somebody would first meet me they would think I was going to be horrible. And actually I picked and chose whether I was going to be nice or not nice!”

Geri recalls the story behind her infamous Union Jack dress at The Brits: “I remember the stylist at the time told me not to wear it. I literally got “don’t wear that”. And I was going, “but I like it. I like it”…For me that dress symbolises what the Spice Girls is about.”

As the highly anticipated musical is launched in the West End this December, we look at the creative process behind it, see the girls in the lead up to its premiere and go behind the scenes leading up to opening night, providing the perfect opportunity to reflect on the music that made the Spice Girls’ success.

Melanie C explains: “I think us girls have always felt that our songs were quite theatrical, you know. And you know, there’s great subject matter in there. There’s quite a lot of storytelling within the songs as well. So it was something we’d talked about for years and years and years.“

This is an opportunity to tell their story first-hand, revealing the extent of their ambition, their aims, their creative partnerships, their music and their legacy. Victoria says: “I’m really proud to be Posh. I’m so proud to have been in the Spice Girls and to have achieved everything I have. I’m the luckiest girl in the world, I really am. No-one knows that more than me.”

The documentary also includes interviews with the writer of the musical Jennifer Saunders and its producer Judy Craymer. Jennifer says: “For a long time…if I’ve written it, I’ve always been in control of how it went on. So this is a massive collaboration where I’m just not allowed to be as bossy as I would like to be. So it’s kind of terrifying.”

Other new and exclusive interviews featured include two of the Spice Mums - Victoria’s mum Jackie and Melanie C’s mum Joan, plus Richard E Grant, Perez Hilton and Dawn French.
    Classification: Documentary
    Genre: Celebrities | Music
    Network: ITV1 ( United Kingdom)
    Airs: Mondays at 09:00 pm
    Runtime: 90 Minutes
    Premiere: December 24, 2012

One more Christmas turkey.
    Wish these sad old birds would get well and truly stuffed.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    why is the full press release put down as a spoiler? :confused:
    will the programme tell us something we dont know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    One more Christmas turkey.
    Wish these sad old birds would get well and truly stuffed.

Golden goose*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why is the full press release put down as a spoiler? :confused:
    will the programme tell us something we dont know!

I just did it to save space.

Yes the new doc will have LOTS of never before seen/heard info!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just did it to save space.

Yes the new doc will have LOTS of never before seen/heard info!

What, like them singing in tune?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, like them singing in tune?:D

Let's not ask for too much now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's not ask for too much now!!

;);):D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so, unlike some of the other 'Girls, Mel will not be interviewed with her mother as part of the documentary this Christmas Eve...

BUT she does love her family very very much.

:rolleyes: