Options

Chris axed from tour?

Comments

• Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people who are likely to pay and go and see Xfactor live are probably the same people who voted every week, and since Chris came 3rd and topped the vote for 70% of the series I can't see him being that unpopular.

all boo the pantomine villian :eek:
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the demographic of those voters though. I can't imagine dear old Mildred and Elsie will be traipsing along to the X Factor tour. It's more likely to be the young 'uns, who I expect spent more of their credit voting for James, Union J and the like.

That's assuming only older people voted for Christopher... No one knows the age demographic
    By the way my mum voted for James and she is near 70
  • Options
    welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    What has he done. I'm sorry I've missed something. The last I heard was that he was getting death threats when Ella went out, and of course Tulisa and Louis have been negative towards him. Has he done something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    That's assuming only older people voted for Christopher... No one knows the age demographic
    By the way my mum voted for James and she is near 70

I'm in my early 30s and voted for Chris every week (several times)
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has he done. I'm sorry I've missed something. The last I heard was that he was getting death threats when Ella went out, and of course Tulisa and Louis have been negative towards him. Has he done something?

Xfactor let it be known that Christopher Maloney walked out of rehearsals saying he wanted nothing more to do with it

He went back to Liverpool and made no appearance on the final show

Later, he said he was not in the show because he had a sore throat

It now appears he has been dropped from the xfactor tour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's a shame he couldn't see it through and do the final show, then leave if he wanted to. If he coped with Tulisa and Louis every week, surely he could have done one more show then give up the tour if he wanted to after.His fit of temper can make the people that matter think he is going to be hard to work with and do him more harm than good.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame he couldn't see it through and do the final show, then leave if he wanted to. If he coped with Tulisa and Louis every week, surely he could have done one more show then give up the tour if he wanted to after.His fit of temper can make the people that matter think he is going to be hard to work with and do him more harm than good.

I'm sure he regrets it now

There was a story that one of the show's researchers showed his mobile to reveal Christopher was ringing him constantly

I suppose, though, that if he has, indeed, been difficult to work with, he is in a poor position to now be asking for favours and second chances
  • Options
    TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bad feeling about SC, XF and SC making money from the public vote, it seems fraudulant that HE makes money on a competition where HE sets the agenda, they had an all out anti Chris campaign going on, serves SC right if he ends up with a 2day fm situation, time this bullying drivel was off our screens.

Great post, sums the whole saga up really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, shame, for the sake of sticking it for one more show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    But its really itv and their producers that are the real acumbags.They just use Simons name to keep on doing this rubbish. They're the one hiring the judges etc. In Tom Bowers book he reveals how they were mocking him for his affair with Dannii, how they've used him for thier show telling him they dont need him. This year they told him to stay in the us so that they could get Dannii back, which failed.
    I have a feeling all of this bullying and using of ppl will come back to bite them soon. Richard Holloway will have a LOT to answer to.

Siobhan Greene, a former typist at Yorkshire Television who ascended to become Cowell's right hand woman at Syco, and after leaving Syco, was recently appointed Director of Entertainment at ITV, has been keeping a very low profile, to say the least.
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds it highly bemusing how virtually the same number of DS sheep who were happy to take the side of Rylan's TOWIE friend on Twitter prior to Week 1 of the Finals against Carolynne, now completely believe the word of Carolynne against Christopher.

The word suckers comes to mind.

As a member of Sofabet we've been discussing with Christopher's continued success in the face of Syco's propaganda whether Christopher might be the one to see off this joke of a TV programme. But sadly in the end too many sheep on this site have clearly fallen for Cowell's increasingly more desperate and nastier black arts hook, line and sinker due their "too much smoke for there not to be a fire" cumulative effect.

To think the BBC stopped Fame Academy in 2004 after Series 2 because of being reported to Ofcom over bias in favour of Alex Parks versus Alistair Griffin. Yet it had nothing on the negative treatment of Christopher and the positive treatment of James (with the Syco PR machine and media turning a blind eye (or coming out in support) to some of his less pleasant Twitter spats).

You have hit the nail on the head, as I have said earlier, as each week went on & Chris was topping the voting then SC & his entourage got more & more desperate, its an easy get out to say he was a nasty piece of work & turn him into a pariah.
  • Options
    ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Good things happen to good people. Chris on the other hand....
  • Options
    jordanieljordaniel Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I have not long ago watched a YouTube video by a guy that waas to all intents stalking Chris Maloney. This video was made whilst Chris was "out on the town" after the show. Although the stalker was quite intense, Chris should have used his common sense and not risen to the obvious jibes. I'm of the understanding all contestants at such a stage are made aware of and given instruction upon how to handle unwanted attention.

However, he chose to tell the stalker to "f**k off". On video no less.

Then we later learn from a Tweet posted by Chris that he is so ill he has been "signed off" by a doctor, this as an excuse for not appearing on the show. He showed absolutely no sign of being ill whilst out and about on the town in the stalker's video.

Draw your own conclusions.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jordaniel wrote: »
    I have not long ago watched a YouTube video by a guy that waas to all intents stalking Chris Maloney. This video was made whilst Chris was "out on the town" after the show. Although the stalker was quite intense, Chris should have used his common sense and not risen to the obvious jibes. I'm of the understanding all contestants at such a stage are made aware of and given instruction upon how to handle unwanted attention.

Then we later learn from a Tweet posted by Chris that he is so ill he has been "signed off" by a doctor, this as an excuse for not appearing on the show. He showed absolutely no sign of being ill whilst out and about on the town in the stalker's video.

didn't the stalker swear at him too and didn't he make abusive comments about his nan? actually, forget stalker, i would call that harassment.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if he's as horrid as we are hearing then he doesnt deserve the opportunity to be on the tour.
    If one person deserves to be on the tour it is Christopher Maloney. It was Christopher who made the series interesting. Christopher also made them the most money via his loyal voting fan base.

So for me, he should be on the tour regardless. He has made the X Factor millions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    The word he used to insult Carloyne Poole is pretty despicable, especially towards a woman. The other contestants have looked awkward around him for weeks, people clearly aren't particularly comfortable around him and that lends credence to the rumours of volatile behaviour behind the scenes.

People don't seem to be acknowledging that he *may* have been withdrawn from the tour (we don't know for sure yet) because maybe, just maybe, people might be be concerned about the other contestants welfare. They may equally be as concerned about *his* welfare.

I do wonder about the alcohol thing. *if* he has a dependancy then he is liable to behave very erratically and unpredictably - my ex was an alcoholic and, frankly, I wouldn't wish that sort of behaviour on anyone.

Of course, this is all speculation. My gut instinct about him is that he's not a particularly nice person - he seems to have something of a sense of entitlement, but like everyone here, we're all going on supposition and various stories that may well be exaggerated, and how he comes across on television, which is susceptible to our own projections.
    And you think he would use such a word for no reason? I don't think he would say such a thing without a reason. To be honest, a number of contestants like Kye Sones and Caroline have come across to me very bitter towards Christopher.

Some of them can't seem to handle the fact that he got further then them and they thought they had the talent and Christopher didn't. The public thought otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    this .... poor Princess butter wouldn't melt Carolynne

she's lucky her fake/elaborated sob story wasn't outed in the press like Chris's was

plus I remember her often losing her temper and swearing at a fellow contestant in Fame Academy ... she was always snidey with Barry and telling him to "f*ck off"

ie at 2:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYEMRUUXtE

I'm sure Chris is no angel but I bet the contestants he argues with aren't entirely innocent

of course Kye's going to have his say as he's likely to get Chris' tour spot if he's kicked off ... and Carolynne seems to like to play the victim
    Yep, said this a few days ago after the tweets and I hadn't even seen that video and I said she isn't as innocent as some people think.

Anyone who seriously believes that Christopher is the villian in all this and the nasty one and it is all for no reason are just deluded and believing the propaganda.

There is a number of contestants who are using the spite from the press against Christopher to their gains. And I'll be honest about it, people think Christopher is nasty because they hear rumours of the other contestants not liking him but really, the rest are so boring and X Factor fodder that any such strong personality like Christopher will come across wrongly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Yep, said this a few days ago after the tweets and I hadn't even seen that video and I said she isn't as innocent as some people think.

Anyone who seriously believes that Christopher is the villian in all this and the nasty one and it is all for no reason are just deluded and believing the propaganda.

There is a number of contestants who are using the spite from the press against Christopher tobtheir gains. And I'll be honest about it, people think Christopher is nasty because they hear rumours of the other contestants not liking him but really, the rest are so boring and X Factor fodder that any such strong personality like Christopher will come across wrongly.

Exactly. Kye Sones is not so innocent, either; indeed anyone looking at this would logically deduce that this was being manipulated to bring him back.

He said he was a lowly chimney sweep; in fact he'd been in a band called Diagram of the Heart, who had supported Scissor Sisters on tour, been championed by Scott Mills and remixed by techno wizard du jour Michael Woods. Fearne Cotton also said he'd been a close friend for many years.

None of this was enough to save him when it was just the public, himself and a microphone, but the social engineers at Syco have decreed that the public must undergo "reeducation".
  • Options
    KathySparkKathySpark Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jordaniel wrote: »

I saw this video last night too. He was mocking Chris for going out into nightclubs looking for support for the final, therefore it must have been taken before Saturday night not after the final when he said he was sick.

Personally dont really like the man, but feel the treatment he has been getting from the Xfactor and the media along with the total glory treatment that James got when really neither of them were that good, has really put me off the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    How could anybody say that the reason xfactor was dropping poison into the media ear about him is because they wanted Ella to win. If that was the case surly they could have changed the deadlock result, bribed a judge. Some people just like to blow sunshine up some people's backsides don't they lol
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unreality tweeting article that Chris may get a record deal - to be released on Mothers day. I reckon its part of his pay-off package by Syco. Apparently he's been approached by CBB for January. So maybe CBB in January and record the album in February - nice alternative to the tour for Chris. :)
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »

There is a number of contestants who are using the spite from the press against Christopher to their gains. And I'll be honest about it, people think Christopher is nasty because they hear rumours of the other contestants not liking him but really, the rest are so boring and X Factor fodder that any such strong personality like Christopher will come across wrongly.

What the other contestants don't realise is that it could have been any of them being cast as the 'villain'. Rylan was almost certainly intended for this role, but it was decided that he was needed on the tour, so they found another target. Luckily for Rylan, Chris stayed in the competition, so he was able to dodge the 'villain' bullet and be re-invented as a hero. Carolynne was clearly dispensible, so had she not ended up in the bottom two in the first week, no doubt there would have been stories appearing in the media about her being a bitch/diva (remember her first and only VT? She came across as a right cow).

Basically, the other contestants were very lucky. But they're all so busy playing the role of the 'good guys' and bitching about the 'bad guy' that it's never crossed any of their minds that it could have been them singled out to be the 'bad guy'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unreality tweeting article that Chris may get a record deal - to be released on Mothers day. I reckon its part of his pay-off package by Syco. Apparently he's been approached by CBB for January. So maybe CBB in January and record the album in February - nice alternative to the tour for Chris. :)

It's actually a vicious, mean-spirited little article if you read it. If lynching was still acceptable, Chris would have been killed by now.

I'm so disgusted at what I've seen over the last number of days and weeks, that as a minor and insignificant piece of human chattel, but still with some purchasing power, I'm boycotting all celebrity-related Christmas gifts this year.

DVDs, CDs, celebrity books, celebrity endorsed perfume - all OUT.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Tulisa autobiography?! :eek:

What a naff Christmas you are going to have. :cry:

:D
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually a vicious, mean-spirited little article if you read it. If lynching was still acceptable, Chris would have been killed by now.

I'm so disgusted at what I've seen over the last number of days and weeks, that as a minor, insignificant piece of human chattel, but still with some purchasing power, I'm boycotting all celebrity-related Christmas gifts this year.

DVDs, CDs, celebrity books - all OUT.

Maloney played the game and lost .