Strictly Come Dancing: The Grand Final - Discussion Thread (22nd December, 2012)

Comments

• daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,412
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Probably one of the most lacklustre finals I've ever watched...maybe because my favourite struggled. :o:D They're all good but I wouldn't say any of them are great - I don't think they would've stood a chance against Kara or Harry.

Have to agree, although I thought J&D pulled out all the stops, the other 3 did not wow me, not great choreography. Not been a fan of J&D but they were the best tonight.
    Louis' dance left me wondering when the dancing was going to start, but as it was a 'contemporary' dance, which I am not a fan of, he did better than Kim or Dani, reluctant though I am to say it. :(
  • LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Smith & Flavia Cacace
    tpau21 wrote: »
    And what Louis did is what he does for a living too! So fail.

There, sadly, seems to be a new calibre of poster on here that considers rudeness to be acceptable.

Disagreeing with others is perfectly okay, but it should be done with manners and good grace. Unfortunately, tpau21, you seem to be trying too hard to be offensive and are actually coming across as petulant, and certainly not informative or vaguely amusing.

Chablis, anyone?
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberley Walsh & Pasha Kovalev
    Kim is only 1 point behind Louis and Denise

She should win. She has been fantastic all series.

If Louis wins it will be hugely disappointing.

Dani should be 4th though. She was awful tonight
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1/6 Louis now
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    I'm not a dancer, so I can't comment. I really do hope that's not true, though (just because it looked so impressive).

I'm not a dancer either but Denise still had a lot of work to do and I think she did brilliant. :)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Denise Van Outen & James Jordan
    Nor can I but he has a massive following, he's the bookies favourites and he was pimped in the final quite a lot. It will be dissapointing but I do think him and Dani should take 3rd and 4th, but it's only a TV show at the end of the day..:p

Ugh. I appreciate you telling me that as I've been wondering week on week why he seemed to be the golden boy.
  • welshwaltzerwelshwaltzer Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Dani Harmer & Vincent Simone
    mine:
    Louis. Denise, Dani, Kimberley.
  • lechatnoirlechatnoir Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    Just rewatched the showdances.

Louis & Flavia's was clean and beautiful

Thought Kimberley's was a bit Girls out on a hen night get drunk and decide to hold an impromptu "Who makes the best third-rate Beyonce" contest

Pasha must have been drunk too, the way he kept almost dropping her

Dani out of her depth for me
    Forum Member
    Lordsally wrote: »
    There, sadly, seems to be a new calibre of poster on here that considers rudeness to be acceptable.

Disagreeing with others is perfectly okay, but it should be done with manners and good grace. Unfortunately, tpau21, you seem to be trying too hard to be offensive and are actually coming across as petulant, and certainly not informative or vaguely amusing.

Chablis, anyone?

Just ignore them. Best way to slay the trolls!

Ben and Jerry's, anyone?
  • fogfog Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a dancer, so I can't comment. I really do hope that's not true, though (just because it looked so impressive).

of course it's true. alot of practising is obviously required but most of the ability is the one who does the lifting. if it was james who was the contestant it would have been incredible.
    Forum Member
    fog wrote: »
    of course it's true. alot of practising is obviously required but most of the ability is the one who does the lifting. if it was james who was the contestant it would have been incredible.

Would love to see that! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. I appreciate you telling me that as I've been wondering week on week why he seemed to be the golden boy.

Yeah, but it's the way it goes. It's a popularity contest. If it was on the dancing, Denise would be in the Top 2.
  • ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor can I but he has a massive following, he's the bookies favourites and he was pimped in the final quite a lot. It will be dissapointing but I do think him and Dani should take 3rd and 4th, but it's only a TV show at the end of the day..:p

His "journey" has been carefully scripted as I said all along. He's had this won for weeks.
  • bobajotbobajot Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lealeeds wrote: »
    1/6 Louis now
    Says it all really
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    His "journey" has been carefully scripted as I said all along. He's had this won for weeks.

I really don't see the journey though? :confused::o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I felt that Louis appeared to make a mistake after he got off the ball where it looked like he was going to lift Flavian but ended up on the floor.
  • tpau21tpau21 Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still want Kimba to win!
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member
    Dani Harmer & Vincent Simone
    Kimberley out first for me. She's bored me senseless all series and her showdance was really sloppy. Let's see if she's this season's Pammy and kept in the last few weeks by the judges over marking.
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Bex. wrote: »
    right off to watch TOTP2 :D

You can't beat a bit of Wombling Merry Christmas :D
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but it's the way it goes. It's a popularity contest. If it was on the dancing, Denise would be in the Top 2.

I've said that all along and it's a shame.

But I'm guilty of it too. While I'm not voting, I still love Denise and can't warm to Kimberley. I loved Lisa, too, and I was prepared to look past her faults to see her in the final.

I feel dirty now!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    No chance. DVO is a gonner for certain

You have to be kidding, Dani is gone for sure.
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fog wrote: »

Im not a dancer either but I would suppose the woman needs a lot of strength to hold some of the poses.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Clarkie66 wrote: »
    You can't beat a bit of Wombling Merry Christmas :D

I'm guessing I'm not the only one swaying in time with this song :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    lechatnoir wrote: »
    Just rewatched the showdances.

Louis & Flavia's was clean and beautiful

Thought Kimberley's was a bit Girls out on a hen night get drunk and decide to hold an impromptu "Who makes the best third-rate Beyonce" contest

Pasha must have been drunk too, the way he kept almost dropping her

Dani out of her depth for me

Hahhaha exactly! (The bit about Kimberely, felt sorry for Dani)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said that all along and it's a shame.

But I'm guilty of it too. While I'm not voting, I still love Denise and can't warm to Kimberley. I loved Lisa, too, and I was prepared to look past her faults to see her in the final.

I feel dirty now!

Lol haha. Everbody does it a time. I love Kimberley and Denise so either of them would be a brilliant result for me. I did like Dani but she was the worst tonight unfortunately.

I did like Lisa but she really grated on me in the end.