BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 59)

Comments

• richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couch Potato Radio goes LIVE after Highlights Show TONIGHT at 10pm BST/5pm EST. Talking #BBUK /Skype Calls.http://bit.ly/1IXqclx RT #BBCP
  • Janet29Janet29 Posts: 22,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Hi Janet.:+))))))))))))))

Hi Moots.:+))))))))))))))))))

Hi Hicky :)
    sorry for not replying sooner. My rasbobs that i got last year have gone mad! there were 5 canes i now have a large tubfull!

hope everyone is well:)

just going to catch up on last nights BB, watched Eurovision instead sad i know but i love it :D i liked Israels song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly the same as here then. :D

Hello Halla. :) Your son has an exciting time ahead. It sounds as he (and you) have done very well.

I don't suppose you saw the Eurovision? This was our entry and we came second to last again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IP8pgAlrwo :D

i didnt mind our entry, my taste is pretty questionable though, cheesier the better :D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Janet29 wrote: »
    Hi Hicky :)
    sorry for not replying sooner. My rasbobs that i got last year have gone mad! there were 5 canes i now have a large tubfull!

hope everyone is well:)

just going to catch up on last nights BB, watched Eurovision instead sad i know but i love it :D i liked Israels song
    Hi Janet.:+))))))))))))))))))
    The correct way, as far as i know, is to select the 5 strongest canes that are growing from the same plant, cut the rest down to the ground, if you have more than one plant originally in the tub then try to select the 5 strongest canes from each.
    If you leave all the canes to grow you will lose out really, the week canes will be taking food from the strong canes so the fruit will suffer in the end, the fruit will be smaller, the same as if you leave too much fruit on any fruit tree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The correct way, as far as i know, is to select the 5 strongest canes that are growing from the same plant, cut the rest down to the ground, if you have more than one plant originally in the tub then try to select the 5 strongest canes from each.
    If you leave all the canes to grow you will lose out really, the week canes will be taking food from the strong canes so the fruit will suffer in the end, the fruit will be smaller, the same as if you leave too much fruit on any fruit tree.

Ah thank you for that info much appreciated it makes sense :)

will do it tomoz, bit tired at the mo just got back from Durham, stayed there since friday, lovely city, went to Beamish also :)
    Forum Member

will do it tomoz, bit tired at the mo just got back from Durham, stayed there since friday, lovely city, went to Beamish also :)
    I have a lot of early fruit, the cherries and plums are way ahead, some are 1cm dia all ready, going to have to protect from the birds later.

I have the same problem with my tubs of Joan J Raspberries, and thin week stems are not worth keeping anyway, they are just using up energy.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    i didnt mind our entry, my taste is pretty questionable though, cheesier the better :D
    I much prefer the original 70s version in the link. ;-)
    Is it too late to take a saw to my apple tree?

Oooh I would love to go to Beamish. What was it like?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lot of early fruit, the cherries and plums are way ahead, some are 1cm dia all ready, going to have to protect from the birds later.

I have the same problem with my tubs of Joan J Raspberries, and thin week stems are not worth keeping anyway, they are just using up energy.

i shall be thinning them out tomoz, there are lots to prune back :)

Hi Honey :)

i didnt realise that you had posted the original :D

loved Beamish they were celebrating VE weekend so had extra activities and a fab brass band playing all the old tunes. It was really interesting went part way down what was used to be a working pit! (didnt go far in but it sounds good :D). Its split off in sections as it covers a large area. Enjoyed going into the shops perusing all the goodies they had in the 1940s, OMO, carbolic soap, tin baths and the old sweets :). It is a large site but you get around by tram, retro busses and there is a little steam train.
    Forum Member
    i shall be thinning them out tomoz, there are lots to prune back :)

Hi Honey :)

i didnt realise that you had posted the original :D

loved Beamish they were celebrating VE weekend so had extra activities and a fab brass band playing all the old tunes. It was really interesting went part way down what was used to be a working pit! (didnt go far in but it sounds good :D). Its split off in sections as it covers a large area. Enjoyed going into the shops perusing all the goodies they had in the 1940s, OMO, carbolic soap, tin baths and the old sweets :). It is a large site but you get around by tram, retro busses and there is a little steam train.

Oh i'm definitely going to go to that soon. I am fascinated by old jars and packets and soap. Especially home front stuff. are you watching "Home fires" on ITV?
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    Hello all :D

I think Nick is besotted with Jade, who is, of course, polyamorous^_^

at least Nick seems to have stopped nervously picking his nose...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i'm definitely going to go to that soon. I am fascinated by old jars and packets and soap. Especially home front stuff. are you watching "Home fires" on ITV?

you will love it then. There was also a primary school which had the iron hooks in the cloakroom and the little porcelain sinks, it was just like my first primary school :D I havent seen Home Fires, although i did watch the family who went through the decades and their home changed each week and showed their shopping budget each week, i enjoyed that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mootle wrote: »

I think he is to, Im finding Jade a bit desperate. I would hate to be her mother watching her touching whoever is in touching distance!

Nick reminds me of Rick Mayall in The New Statesman, i think its the way he screws his nose up

i still cant take to Harriet

sorry how rude of me!....Hello Mootle hope you are well :)
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Moots, you are right about Nick and Jade, interesting to see Jade lining up Cristian next now Nick has ended it lol
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forum Member

Jade is polymanipulative.
    you will love it then. There was also a primary school which had the iron hooks in the cloakroom and the little porcelain sinks, it was just like my first primary school :D I havent seen Home Fires, although i did watch the family who went through the decades and their home changed each week and showed their shopping budget each week, i enjoyed that.

They have something similar at Wigan pier but the classroom is victorian and you have to all be the pupils and write on slates. :D
    I think he is to, Im finding Jade a bit desperate. I would hate to be her mother watching her touching whoever is in touching distance!

Nick reminds me of Rick Mayall in The New Statesman, i think its the way he screws his nose up

sorry how rude of me!....Hello Mootle hope you are well :)
    When I see Harriet I keep hearing the theme from "on the buses". she is awfully like Reg Varney.
    Barracute wrote: »
    Hi Moots, you are right about Nick and Jade, interesting to see Jade lining up Cristian next now Nick has ended it lol

Like a lamb to the slaughter. :D Isn't this what Noirin did? And Pete?
    richie4eva wrote: »

Thanks Richie. :)
  • Mrs VimesMrs Vimes Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess-g wrote: »
    We haven't, but they have sunk that low.

You're right, the tasks are just designed to cause conflict - apparently that makes for good viewing but not in my book. Whatever happened to putting 12+ different people into a house a let us watch how they meld and alter their behaviour to become part of the group and maybe grow a bit.. If this show had changed it's name (because it's not BB) I'd never have watched it. That makes me really sad.

I was flitting around the thread and I am not sure how I came to spot this ^^^^ post but it sums up my feelings about BB and why I have so far this year only managed to watch one H L show without falling asleep :o

It's not like I have anything better to do as I am currently spending all my TV time watching over one of my dogs trapped in a playpen in the middle of our living room :D
  • EddyBeeEddyBee Posts: 45,587
    Forum Member
    Good morning you lot.

:D

Lovely sunny start to the day in north London. Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday weekend. :)
    Forum Member
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))

A pretty dull bank holiday Monday, but it's ,mainly dry.

Hi Honey.:+)))))))))))))))

Yes, you should only prune old wood on the Apple / Pear tree in Winter when dormant.
    You can prune new growth in late July to form fruiting buds on the spurs.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello :)

On a marathon BB catch up. Wow. So many tears, so little brains. Am up to Friday's eviction show and the only ones I like are Kieran, he may be awfully squeaky but he's surprisingly sensible, possibly Eileen cos she's bonkers, Nick and Cristian. Twins are monstrous...
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harriet is scary...
  • MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member

i hope we are all having a nice day, considering the weather?

sorry how rude of me!....Hello Mootle hope you are well
    Hi Janet :D. Touch wood, I am between illnesses at the moment, thanks!

I can't believe my luck....:D
    The words "sexual predator" come to mind when I think of Jade. The "touchy feely" Rolf Harris of BB2015...

Oh dear, am I being a troll here??:blush:
    Mrs Vimes wrote: »
    I was flitting around the thread and I am not sure how I came to spot this ^^^^ post but it sums up my feelings about BB and why I have so far this year only managed to watch one H L show without falling asleep

It's not like I have anything better to do as I am currently spending all my TV time watching over one of my dogs trapped in a playpen in the middle of our living room :D
    why is he trapped in a play pen, Mrs V??:confused:

Miss Phoebe Mootle is behaving very strangely at the moment. After round about 8 years of behaving like a terrifed little wild animal, she is trying very hard to be a normal dog, accepting treats from the hand and even weeing outside to effusive praise from me :o She keeps following me around looking sad and hopeful, and I don't know why....
    nowahalla wrote: »

On a marathon BB catch up. Wow. So many tears, so little brains. Am up to Friday's eviction show and the only ones I like are Kieran, he may be awfully squeaky but he's surprisingly sensible, possibly Eileen cos she's bonkers, Nick and Cristian. Twins are monstrous...
    I think that that was a deliberately ageist comment he made to Eileen.>:(>:(

How old is he, anyway - he looks about 40!
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »

I am liking Eileen too, every series needs a bonkers hm! :D
    Forum Member
    I was flitting around the thread and I am not sure how I came to spot this ^^^^ post but it sums up my feelings about BB and why I have so far this year only managed to watch one H L show without falling asleep :o

Why are you trapped in a playpen Mrs V? :confused:
    Good Morning Everyone.:+))))))))))))

A pretty dull bank holiday Monday, but it's ,mainly dry.

Hi Honey.:+)))))))))))))))

Yes, you should only prune old wood on the Apple / Pear tree in Winter when dormant.
    You can prune new growth in late July to form fruiting buds on the spurs.
    I think the problem is that it is overshadowed by the giant, unidentified and spectacular tree next to it that my mother tried to pass of as a small cherry when she bought it for us. (and the Japanese pear she said was a Williams)
    Hello all

i hope we are all having a nice day, considering the weather?

Hi Janet . Touch wood, I am between illnesses at the moment, thanks!

I can't believe my luck...

The words "sexual predator" come to mind when I think of Jade. The "touchy feely" Rolf Harris of BB2015...

Oh dear, am I being a troll here??:blush:
    :D I will out-troll you by agreeing that she comes across as creepy with all that mauling. Not that the boys seem to mind. It is just the boys isnt it? I cant imagine Eileen cuddling her in bed for four hours.

why is he trapped in a play pen, Mrs V??:confused:

Miss Phoebe Mootle is behaving very strangely at the moment. After round about 8 years of behaving like a terrifed little wild animal, she is trying very hard to be a normal dog, accepting treats from the hand and even weeing outside to effusive praise from me :o She keeps following me around looking sad and hopeful, and I don't know why....
    Is it something to do with the positions in the pack shifting as Amy-Louise and Rupert get bigger?
    I think that that was a deliberately ageist comment he made to Eileen.>:(>:(

How old is he, anyway - he looks about 40!
    She got confused about it anyway. He said older people need less sleep, which is generally true.
    I am liking Eileen too, every series needs a bonkers hm! :D

No shortage in this series. I dont think Jade is quite the full shilling either. Or Harriet.
  • Mrs VimesMrs Vimes Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you trapped in a playpen Mrs V? :confused
    Lol :D
    Tis my dog in the playpen not me. He can go outside to do his business but otherwise he is in the pen or his crate.:(

He had surgery on his leg and is under house arrest. He has two more weeks to go before he will be allowed to take any form of exercise.
    Forum Member
    Lol :D
    Tis my dog in the playpen not me. He can go outside to do his business but otherwise he is in the pen or his crate.:(

He had surgery on his leg and is under house arrest. He has two more weeks to go before he will be allowed to take any form of exercise.

Oh dear the poor thing. I hope he is better soon. Is he a singleton or does he have other pets tormenting him through the bars?