Options

32" LG Smart TV

I have just brought an 32" LG Smart TV with webOS model number 32LF630V for the dining room and I was pleasantly surprised to find that apart from having a Freeview HD tuner it also has a satellite tuner included. I connected it to my Sky dish and the tuner not only received free SD channels it also tuned into some HD channels. I only brought the TV for the HD Freeview option and the smart TV. I wonder why there is no mention of a satellite tuner when buying the set, it is not even mentioned on the box.

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just brought an 32" LG Smart TV with webOS model number 32LF630V for the dining room and I was pleasantly surprised to find that apart from having a Freeview HD tuner it also has a satellite tuner included. I connected it to my Sky dish and the tuner not only received free SD channels it also tuned into some HD channels. I only brought the TV for the HD Freeview option and the smart TV. I wonder why there is no mention of a satellite tuner when buying the set, it is not even mentioned on the box.

I reckon only LG will be able to tell you that. Like you the first inkling I had that my telly had a satellite receiver built in was spotting the F-Type connector on the back! Mind you I don't have a dish to plug it into so haven't been able to give it a try.

I suspect that it may not be mentioned because if you say "satellite telly" to many people they think Sky and needing a subscription to watch anything. Or Freesat, but I don't think the LG has the Freesat EPG otherwise they would probably make more of a song and dance about the satellite side. So probably easier to say nowt and let the punters figure it out all by themselves.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess they can't sell it as a Freesat TV as it doesn't have the EPG for Freesat and it's probably a pan european TV so cheaper to make them all have the same specification.

If they promoted the fact it has satellite receiver built in they'd then have complaints it doesn't have the Freesat guide.

Still, it's a nice bonus feature to find when you weren't expecting it.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,528
    Forum Member

Just like the Sony ones it's NOT a UK Freesat set, so they don't promote it at all, essentially it's a non-UK FTA satellite tuner. Presumably LG, like Sony, don't support it as it's a non-UK feature?.
  • Options
    ard100ard100 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Bald old twaat
    Just like the Sony ones it's NOT a UK Freesat set, so they don't promote it at all, essentially it's a non-UK FTA satellite tuner. Presumably LG, like Sony, don't support it as it's a non-UK feature?.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ard100 wrote: »
    Bald old twaat

Talking about yourself?