Archiving

HowardHoward Posts: 344
Forum Member
Hi I have a 9300t. Apart from using a DVD recorder is there any other way of archiving programs say by transferring to a PC for example? :confused:

Thank you

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Short of modifying the box to give a PC direct acess to the HDD the only thing you can do is record the analogue output.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Not very good is it :(

I only bought my 9300T when it first came out because Humax stated the USB socket would be activated at a later date.

In the same manner I intend to buy another Humax (it goes both ways)
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Archiving ... that's an interesting hobby many people seem to like to spend huge amounts of time playing at recoding... :D

Hundreds of hours of things never to watched again apart from a few classics ... BUT then some things only get broadcast very occasionally ... while most get repeated quite often.
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »
    Archiving ... that's an interesting hobby many people seem to like to spend huge amounts of time playing at recoding... :D
    If you have a permanent copy of a programme you never ever have to watch it.

Think of all the time you save. :D
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kremmen wrote: »
    Not very good is it :(

I only bought my 9300T when it first came out because Humax stated the USB socket would be activated at a later date.

In the same manner I intend to buy another Humax (it goes both ways)

Of the freeview range only the 9200T and the HD Fox-T2-Hdr have usb archiving. The HD Fox-T2 single tuner model can now record to a usb drive.

The freesat Foxsat-hdr also has usb archiving

afaik Humax never claimed usb archiving for the 9150/9300 models.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I've had many problems with my 9300, some of which later cured themselves, some of which remain (see other posts). Pretty sure they could be solved by formatting, but there's things on my HDD I want to keep, as they are very unlikely to be shown again (most notably Radiohead live at Reading, and Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe/Newswipe).

Its a great machine when it works, but if I had known its faults and limitations I would have bought something else. Seems strange that the 9200 would feature USB archiving, but the supposedly upgraded 9300 doesn't.
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    They were changing the USB implementation from client (connect to PC) to host (access USB drives).
    I assume there was some reason it wasn't developed and the hardware removed from later production. My guess is that there was insufficient room for the code to access another filesystem type.
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems strange that the 9200 would feature USB archiving, but the supposedly upgraded 9300 doesn't.
    The USB port on the 9200T was originally designed to copy MP3s and JPEGs onto the Humax to play/display (a feature absent in the 9300). The ability to copy programme files from the Humax 9200 to a PC seems to be an afterthought as the original Media eLinker didn't allow this and it is not documented in the manual, even the updated version.
  • creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    Max Demian wrote: »
    If you have a permanent copy of a programme you never ever have to watch it.

Think of all the time you save. :D
    Very clever answer. With a definite element of truth.:)

Colin
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »

Hundreds of hours of things never to watched again apart from a few classics ... BUT then some things only get broadcast very occasionally ... while most get repeated quite often.

dead right. i mnust have 300 dvds of dubbed stuff from tv (mostly hi speed on a HDVD recorder, I must add) dont watch a lot of it.

eg every episode of the wire
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    A cheap DVD recorder or DVD/HDD recorder would be the answer to your issues ... :D

The you could become an happy squirrel... take care where you bury your nuts ... ;)
    Pretty sure they could be solved by formatting, but there's things on my HDD I want to keep, as they are very unlikely to be shown again (most notably Radiohead live at Reading, and Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe/Newswipe).