Top Gear

Comments

• SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So why did you bother watching then? Only an idiot would sit through a show for an hour that they didn't like.

I don't watch Dancing on Ice as I know I hate it.

I watched it because mostly, Top Gear has been enjoyable over its many years, so I was hopeful it might get better further into the show. I'll be doing the same next week too, sorry.

How do you know you hate Dancing on Ice, if you have never watched it? Perhaps you did watch it once, to form your opinion of it, which by your reasoning would make you an idiot.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The FM watched it and evidently didn't rate it, it's allowed you know.
    Does the FM hate Top Gear, it might help to ask before going on the attack.

I dipped in, got the hump with the chair and fire extinguisher 'gag' with Jeremy playing the idiot and wandered off again.
    What was the Black thing Hammond was driving in the US?
    Edit: Dodge Viper.

They did seem to give far too much time to the American trip. I kept expecting there to be a couple of other items but they seemed to give the whole show over to them. It was mildly amusing until they ended with the usual ridiculous driving around in circles wrecking the tyres. I am sure it could have been edited down to half the length but I presume they wanted their money's worth out of the trip.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've done cars being chased by planes before, ....

A car is never going to outrun an aircraft like those two. I could not understand why the did not just hit the brakes so the aircraft overshot them. Even when driving down the track they could zig-zag, anything to make it more difficult for the aircraft to target them.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You get a great sense of deja vu watching TG these days. How drawn out was that news section lol. It's usually 2 minutes and moving on, there was some awful filler going on there.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    It's the car being reviewed, not the driver.

Does the passenger not travel in the car, then? :confused:
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I know you're finding your little joke/gee up amusing, but I'd be surprised if anyone else finds it amusing.

You must be walking around in a perpetual state of surprise, then.

Something that adds to a show, and makes it even more informative, entertaining and funny is, surely, not to be sniffed at.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, as does the driver. But the driver is not being reviewed especially as the driver is a unique individual that varies from car to car, family to family.

So your idea, like all of your others, is pointless in the extreme.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AbMan51 wrote: »
    Noticed it started well before the advertised time of 20:00. Just saying...
    I noticed that as well, however by the time I had turned over, it seems the only bit I missed was the 'what's coming up tonight'.
    lundavra wrote: »
    A car is never going to outrun an aircraft like those two. I could not understand why the did not just hit the brakes so the aircraft overshot them. Even when driving down the track they could zig-zag, anything to make it more difficult for the aircraft to target them.
    I thought the same too, hiding a yellow car at the side wasn't going to fool anyone. :D

OK episode, some parts funny/informative, some parts an opportunity to use bathroom/make a cuppa. :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    I noticed that as well, however by the time I had turned over, it seems the only bit I missed was the 'what's coming up tonight'.

I thought the same too, hiding a yellow car at the side wasn't going to fool anyone. :D

OK episode, some parts funny/informative, some parts an opportunity to use bathroom/make a cuppa. :)

Pretty much the same for me, passed the hour pleasantly enough, but not a classic by any stretch of the imagination.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If every episode was a classic, they would all be average ;)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    If every episode was a classic, they would all be average ;)

Good point :)
  • HHGTTGHHGTTG Posts: 5,941
    Forum Member
    Ironically usually being a detractor of TG's nonsense, I actually enjoyed most of last night's programme although I didn't know who the 'star' was - seemed a nice enough bloke though/
  • NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Second week running that I've switched off half way through.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    Ironically usually being a detractor of TG's nonsense, I actually enjoyed most of last night's programme although I didn't know who the 'star' was - seemed a nice enough bloke though/

:eek: That was Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac.
  • Ten_BenTen_Ben Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's episode was fine. Perfectly enjoyable and typical Top Gear. Who cares if ideas get recycled, I'd rather them do that than the show be cancelled.

I think some people here just want to moan for the sake of it. Must be jealousy! :D
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    Last night's episode was fine. Perfectly enjoyable and typical Top Gear. Who cares if ideas get recycled, I'd rather them do that than the show be cancelled.

I think some people here just want to moan for the sake of it. Must be jealousy! :D

I don't "just want to moan", I want to be entertained, and I hoped TG would do that. I'll be the first to sing its praises if they do a great episode. I loved their Africa road trip, but this one was a bit dull.
    Forum Member
    Ten_Ben wrote: »
    :eek: That was Mick Fleetwood from Fleetwood Mac.

I have heard of Fleetwood Mac but didn't associate him with them. Have never heard their music but why would I?;
    I have spurned all pop music throughout the decades (seven and a half of them). I prefer classical music or decent dance music and big band music, not noise. IMHO of course! :D
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Do viewers expect a classic everytime?
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god doing what you want would make the programme mind numbingly boring.
    Top Gear is not the sort of programme that does reviews that you want them to. For them you should buy motoring magazines.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard of Fleetwood Mac but didn't associate him with them. Have never heard their music but why would I?;
    I have spurned all pop music throughout the decades (seven and a half of them). I prefer classical music or decent dance music and big band music, not noise. IMHO of course! :D

You'd have to have lived a very sheltered life not to have heard Fleetwood Mac music many times, in films, TV adverts, etc.

You probably just didn't know it was them playing.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    You know, today is the second time they've pretended one of the presenters is dead - first was that car chase in Albania and James was supposedly dead :D
    It seemed a bit of a stretch this time, given he was alive during the news bit.
    Forum Member
    You'd have to have lived a very sheltered life not to have heard Fleetwood Mac music many times, in films, TV adverts, etc.

You probably just didn't know it was them playing.

What a condescending remark to make. You shouldn't assume that everyone know these so-called pop idols.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people still don't know about Mick Fleetwood or Fleetwood Mac, then listen to a song by them called "The Chain". Its the theme tune to the BBC Grand Prix coverage.
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    If people still don't know about Mick Fleetwood or Fleetwood Mac, then listen to a song by them called "The Chain". Its the theme tune to the BBC Grand Prix coverage.

Well, I am certainly aware of that noise and as I record all of BBC's coverage of F1, I fast forward through any 'music'.

Sorry but it offends my ears.
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

Have you never watched the BBC coverage of a Grand Prix?

The theme music is the Chain by Fleetwood Mac :)

edit: Oh apprarntly you have :o
This discussion has been closed.