Options

Chris axed from tour?

Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Chris has been taken out of the X factor tour advert that was just shown on itv1

Comments

• Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Menan and her bingo cronies won't be happy about this!
  • Options
    starkitten1982starkitten1982 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    I noticed that too. He has been featured on every other advert for the tour during the show so it's very obvious when he wasn't on that one. It does look like he has been cut out.
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise. He's killed his career before it started.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually feel a bit sorry for him :(:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I vaguely remember a Chris. Which series was he in again?
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was still in the tour advert they showed last night and, yes, I'm hearing that he was edited out of the one they've started showing from this morning. Good. How to kill your career in three easy steps before it's even got going. The prat.
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. If it's true, they shouldn't really be allowed to do that.

But I'm not complaining since it may mean Rylan gets to sing more songs... :)
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Maloney but I think this is all getting a bit much now. Barlow chose him to be the wildcard and people voted for him, so for the show to not support him through all the very nasty comments and abuse he's been getting is very wrong. I've taken the mick out of Maloney on these forums myself but there becomes a point when it starts to turn sinister. He's just a fella who took part in a singing contest.

I actually started to feel sorry for him on Saturday, when Barlow went round to his nan's house and she'd put tea out for them (which Barlow probably never even touched) and Maloney bought that frame for the OBE - I actually thought that was a kind gesture. He's been treated pretty poorly by the X Factor, in my view, and I wouldn't like to guess where it might all lead to. We should just stop it now and leave the fella alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually do feel sorry for him - all that effort he put in. However he can only blame himself and has become the architect of his own demise.

No record deal, no tour. All because of his temper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if he's as horrid as we are hearing then he doesnt deserve the opportunity to be on the tour.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the rumours about not appearing last night are true and that's part of the reason? Or perhaps something is in the contract about having to attend the final in order to go on the tour? It does seem a little weird the person finishing in 3rd place doesn't perform though.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, well, at least these leaves him available to do a his own tour of Gala Bingo halls with Menan. Silver linings, etc....
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    I can't stand Maloney but I think this is all getting a bit much now. Barlow chose him to be the wildcard and people voted for him, so for the show to not support him through all the very nasty comments and abuse he's been getting is very wrong. I've taken the mick out of Maloney on these forums myself but there becomes a point when it starts to turn sinister. He's just a fella who took part in a singing contest.

I actually started to feel sorry for him on Saturday, when Barlow went round to his nan's house and she'd put tea out for them (which Barlow probably never even touched) and Maloney bought that frame for the OBE - I actually thought that was a kind gesture. He's been treated pretty poorly by the X Factor, in my view, and I wouldn't like to guess where it might all lead to. We should just stop it now and leave the fella alone.

^^^
    This!
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did feel sorry for Chris but all the contestants seem to dislike him they wouldn't all be like that if nothing had happened. Chris might become the next Steve seems like it's headed that direction now.
    He was treated badly on the show though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    This is exactly what they wanted, although hes contributed to his own demise im sure, there seems to be no duty of care towards him at all. He won his place fair and square on the tour, his supporters have brought tickets to see him thinking he is on the tour, and now they have basically wiped him from the history books already. There has to be a point where the media say enough is enough, keep the pressure on and we may see a breakdown or worse in the following few days/weeks.

IF he has an alcohol problem (and i think he has), and i said this for Frankie last year as well, they should have a responsibility to get him help or at least support him as he was on their show and making headlines for them all season (where would they have been without him???) Remember how Frankie came out and said that X Factor encouraged him to go out on those benders? i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt encourage Chris to go out Sat night, knowing the possible reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    I actually do feel sorry for him - all that effort he put in. However he can only blame himself and has become the architect of his own demise.

No record deal, no tour. All because of his temper.

The thing is, the X-Factor has to shoulder some of the blame. They've spent the past two months or so drip-feeding negative stories to the media and encouraging negative behavior towards Chris on-screen. If Chris was so bad, why not just axe him from the competition? The fact that they didn't suggests that either they were making it all up or that they were more than happy to let Chris get away with behaving badly (which is unfair on everyone else who's on the receiving end). Either way, shame on X-Factor!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    His absence from the advert today speaks volumes.

If he has been axed, he has nobody to blame but himself. It looks like he's been exposed by the temper that people spoke of in rumour, but his fans denied even existed.

Hoisted by his own petard. Ooops.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher Maloney ‏@ChrisMaloney77
    good morning guys, still got a really bad chest infection. :-X still on antibiotics. love u all thank u so much 4 all ur love and support xx

Twitter
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    No surprise. He's killed his career before it started.

I totally agree.

When the next X Factor comes around I bet he will do a 'Steve Brookstein'. about all things X Factor.

Baloney is a very sore loser and has shown his true colours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    The thing is, the X-Factor has to shoulder some of the blame. They've spent the past two months or so drip-feeding negative stories to the media and encouraging negative behavior towards Chris on-screen. If Chris was so bad, why not just axe him from the competition? The fact that they didn't suggests that either they were making it all up or that they were more than happy to let Chris get away with behaving badly (which is unfair on everyone else who's on the receiving end). Either way, shame on X-Factor!

No - shame on Chris for acting like a bell-end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »

You got it all the wrong way round though.

X Factor and all the production team have been great to him and bent over backwards for him but every time its never been enough.

He then becomes difficult to work with because of his behaviour. When someone gets like that you tend to step back, do what has to be done but let them get on with it.

Chris acted as though he was the biggest star there from day one.....and never showed an ounce of gratitude.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Farmer Ted wrote: »
    No - shame on Chris for acting like a bell-end.

Shame on both Chris (for his behavior) and the X-factor (for allowing it to go on to suit their agenda).
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    He's just said he's ill, if it's true then maybe he's not being a bell. Not a fan of his, but good luck to him in the future.

Whatever this case, the vitriol aimed at him from some quarters bores me to the point where I'm considering hibernation.
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, getting the feeling that the XF Machine has played a blinder here.